Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

GDT: Week Five- BAL Ravens @ MIA Dolphins
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 27, 28, 29, 30  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which Dolphin will be most difficult to handle?
Dannell Ellerbe
15%
 15%  [ 2 ]
Cameron Wake
61%
 61%  [ 8 ]
Mike Wallace
15%
 15%  [ 2 ]
Ryan Tannehill
7%
 7%  [ 1 ]
Lamar Miller
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 13

Author Message
diamondbull424


Moderator
Joined: 02 Dec 2007
Posts: 12970
Location: Baltimore, MD
PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 4:52 pm    Post subject: Re: ... Reply with quote

Nucky wrote:

Ill give you that. You called it last year and I thought you were crazy. But he hasn't been the same this year even before the injury. The oline hasn't helped at all either. I don't know about not being top 10.

After AP, McCoy, and Charles it can go many ways.

1. Adrian Peterson
2. Jamaal Charles
3. LeSean McCoy
4a. Matt Forte
4b. Marshawn Lynch
6. Frank Gore
7. Arian Foster
8. Fred Jackson
9a. Reggie Bush
9b. DeMarco Murray
11. Doug Martin
12a. Chris Johnson
12b. Alfred Morris
14a. Ray Rice
14b. CJ Spiller

So Rice is definitely a top 15 back, but he's only borderline top 10 IMO. He's just not explosive enough to hit small holes anymore to squeek through... and when you consider his receiving abilities, a lot of these young backs are pretty good in their own right... and Reggie Bush is the best receiving back threat in the league. The top backs, I'd also say are nice pass blockers... and Rice is horrible as a pass blocker. If he's not running a route, then he's pretty useless during 3rd down situations. Rice has always been bad in that aspect, but his absurd explosiveness, agility, and receiving ability made him such a playmaker that you could overlook that quality and rule him a top 5 back. But now that he's lost enough of that explosiveness and he's asked to pass block more often, he just can't make up the difference and you have to hold that against Rice as a complete back option.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
diamondbull424


Moderator
Joined: 02 Dec 2007
Posts: 12970
Location: Baltimore, MD
PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sp6488 wrote:
nevermore wrote:
diamondbull424 wrote:
Wow... I didn't realize that, that was 4th down there... forgot they downed the ball on 1st. Laughing

Yeah, me too. Laughing


Same exact thing happened to me and my old man.

To be fair though, the production crew was sloppy all day. Tons of incorrect graphics and down/distances, etc.

Should I be referring to you as "she"/"her" when I talk about you in the third person? Or am I reading this incorrectly?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BaltimoreTerp


Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)

Joined: 13 Feb 2005
Posts: 28866
Location: Washington, DC
PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diamondbull424 wrote:
sp6488 wrote:
nevermore wrote:
diamondbull424 wrote:
Wow... I didn't realize that, that was 4th down there... forgot they downed the ball on 1st. Laughing

Yeah, me too. Laughing


Same exact thing happened to me and my old man.

To be fair though, the production crew was sloppy all day. Tons of incorrect graphics and down/distances, etc.

Should I be referring to you as "she"/"her" when I talk about you in the third person? Or am I reading this incorrectly?


Pretty sure he's just talking about his dad...
_________________
"The really important kind of freedom involves attention, and awareness, and discipline, and effort, and being able truly to care about other people and to sacrifice for them, over and over, in myriad petty little unsexy ways, every day.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
diamondbull424


Moderator
Joined: 02 Dec 2007
Posts: 12970
Location: Baltimore, MD
PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BaltimoreTerp wrote:
diamondbull424 wrote:
sp6488 wrote:
nevermore wrote:
diamondbull424 wrote:
Wow... I didn't realize that, that was 4th down there... forgot they downed the ball on 1st. Laughing

Yeah, me too. Laughing


Same exact thing happened to me and my old man.

To be fair though, the production crew was sloppy all day. Tons of incorrect graphics and down/distances, etc.

Should I be referring to you as "she"/"her" when I talk about you in the third person? Or am I reading this incorrectly?


Pretty sure he's just talking about his dad...

Well yeah, the way I saw it... it could only go three ways there. And two of those ways might not have been appropriate.

The father angle was the only appropriate option, but was still curious... this forum has so few girls that I was wondering if there was one that ninja'd under our very noses.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sp6488


Joined: 14 Mar 2005
Posts: 8461
Location: MD
PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diamondbull424 wrote:
BaltimoreTerp wrote:
diamondbull424 wrote:
sp6488 wrote:
nevermore wrote:
diamondbull424 wrote:
Wow... I didn't realize that, that was 4th down there... forgot they downed the ball on 1st. Laughing

Yeah, me too. Laughing


Same exact thing happened to me and my old man.

To be fair though, the production crew was sloppy all day. Tons of incorrect graphics and down/distances, etc.

Should I be referring to you as "she"/"her" when I talk about you in the third person? Or am I reading this incorrectly?


Pretty sure he's just talking about his dad...

Well yeah, the way I saw it... it could only go three ways there. And two of those ways might not have been appropriate.

The father angle was the only appropriate option, but was still curious... this forum has so few girls that I was wondering if there was one that ninja'd under our very noses.


Was talking about my dad.

Your interpretation makes me wonder if you're a sons of anarchy fan, though.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
diamondbull424


Moderator
Joined: 02 Dec 2007
Posts: 12970
Location: Baltimore, MD
PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sp6488 wrote:
diamondbull424 wrote:

Well yeah, the way I saw it... it could only go three ways there. And two of those ways might not have been appropriate.

The father angle was the only appropriate option, but was still curious... this forum has so few girls that I was wondering if there was one that ninja'd under our very noses.


Was talking about my dad.

Your interpretation makes me wonder if you're a sons of anarchy fan, though.

I've heard really great things about it. I've met a couple people that have raved about it.

Wasn't sure if it would be my type of show though. It's in My List on Netflix, but I haven't jumped into the show yet.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sp6488


Joined: 14 Mar 2005
Posts: 8461
Location: MD
PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diamondbull424 wrote:
sp6488 wrote:
diamondbull424 wrote:

Well yeah, the way I saw it... it could only go three ways there. And two of those ways might not have been appropriate.

The father angle was the only appropriate option, but was still curious... this forum has so few girls that I was wondering if there was one that ninja'd under our very noses.


Was talking about my dad.

Your interpretation makes me wonder if you're a sons of anarchy fan, though.

I've heard really great things about it. I've met a couple people that have raved about it.

Wasn't sure if it would be my type of show though. It's in My List on Netflix, but I haven't jumped into the show yet.


Wasn't sure about it myself, especially based on some of the commercials. I was very pleasantly surprised, though. Extremely well done (loosely based on hamlet in the first few seasons actually).
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Mancunian Raven


Joined: 09 Oct 2012
Posts: 2029
PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow. The NFL Network's "highlights" of this game consist of Flacco getting sacked twice (and Jamie Dukes blaming him for one of them) and the pick six (which again Dukes and Heath Evans blame on Flacco for not "having pocket presence"). It's... why it's almost like the NFL Network has an agenda of some sort. Rolling Eyes

They did manage to show one completion he made, and an offhanded remark about Torrey's stats for the day. So that's something, I guess.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sp6488


Joined: 14 Mar 2005
Posts: 8461
Location: MD
PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mancunian Raven wrote:
Wow. The NFL Network's "highlights" of this game consist of Flacco getting sacked twice (and Jamie Dukes blaming him for one of them) and the pick six (which again Dukes and Heath Evans blame on Flacco for not "having pocket presence"). It's... why it's almost like the NFL Network has an agenda of some sort. Rolling Eyes

They did manage to show one completion he made, and an offhanded remark about Torrey's stats for the day. So that's something, I guess.


Really? Haven't seen them, but that's incredibly lame.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
coordinator0


Joined: 18 Jan 2008
Posts: 7188
PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mancunian Raven wrote:
Wow. The NFL Network's "highlights" of this game consist of Flacco getting sacked twice (and Jamie Dukes blaming him for one of them) and the pick six (which again Dukes and Heath Evans blame on Flacco for not "having pocket presence"). It's... why it's almost like the NFL Network has an agenda of some sort. Rolling Eyes

They did manage to show one completion he made, and an offhanded remark about Torrey's stats for the day. So that's something, I guess.


coordinator0 wrote:
diamondbull424 wrote:
BaltimoreTerp wrote:
What.... the hell... was that

It was Bryant McKinnie getting beat and hitting Flacco just as he's launching it deep.

Great, even more ammunition for the talking heads... that don't actually know what they're talking about.


"herp derp Flacco sucks herp derp"

That's also going to the the NFL general forum too.


Sounds about right.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BareYourTeeth


Joined: 29 Mar 2009
Posts: 995
Location: I'm a machine Jerk!
PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sp6488 wrote:
Mancunian Raven wrote:
Wow. The NFL Network's "highlights" of this game consist of Flacco getting sacked twice (and Jamie Dukes blaming him for one of them) and the pick six (which again Dukes and Heath Evans blame on Flacco for not "having pocket presence"). It's... why it's almost like the NFL Network has an agenda of some sort. Rolling Eyes

They did manage to show one completion he made, and an offhanded remark about Torrey's stats for the day. So that's something, I guess.


Really? Haven't seen them, but that's incredibly lame.


It's usually hard to find highlights of the game whenever the Ravens win. They'll, maybe, show one play.
_________________

2000WORLD CHAMPIONS2012
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sp6488


Joined: 14 Mar 2005
Posts: 8461
Location: MD
PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:
Mancunian Raven wrote:
Wow. The NFL Network's "highlights" of this game consist of Flacco getting sacked twice (and Jamie Dukes blaming him for one of them) and the pick six (which again Dukes and Heath Evans blame on Flacco for not "having pocket presence"). It's... why it's almost like the NFL Network has an agenda of some sort. Rolling Eyes

They did manage to show one completion he made, and an offhanded remark about Torrey's stats for the day. So that's something, I guess.


coordinator0 wrote:
diamondbull424 wrote:
BaltimoreTerp wrote:
What.... the hell... was that

It was Bryant McKinnie getting beat and hitting Flacco just as he's launching it deep.

Great, even more ammunition for the talking heads... that don't actually know what they're talking about.


"herp derp Flacco sucks herp derp"

That's also going to the the NFL general forum too.


Sounds about right.


Really sucks considering that was 100% on Big Mac.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
SnA ExclusiVe


Joined: 01 Jun 2011
Posts: 20187
Location: Spokane, WA
PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I just got back from an all-day alumni game and watched the highlights and they just make it seem like Flacco sucked today, which is weird because at the same time they're blasting our offensive line but saying that Joe needs to help them out. Pathetic.

So since I didn't watch the game, is there stuff from the highlights that I didn't see? How was our defense as a whole today? I saw Rice had 2 "vulture" touchdowns, was it because of Joe carrying the team?

I need details!!!

Side note: My brother, after me telling him that ESPN is going to light up Flacco again this week for not performing well enough", told me that all Flacco does is check the ball down and he's got so many pieces around him and his success last year was bullcrap because he's not that good. Laughing

I just walked out of the room and told him he's an idiot.
_________________

BlaqOptic wrote:
I'd say he's [Dennis Pitta] the fourth best TE in the division... Cameron > Miller > Gresham > Eiffert = Pitta
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
wackywabbit


Joined: 20 Dec 2009
Posts: 6502
PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SNF's brief highlight of this game was of Ray Rice's heroic 2 TD effort. So predictable. Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
diamondbull424


Moderator
Joined: 02 Dec 2007
Posts: 12970
Location: Baltimore, MD
PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Yeah I just got back from an all-day alumni game and watched the highlights and they just make it seem like Flacco sucked today, which is weird because at the same time they're blasting our offensive line but saying that Joe needs to help them out. Pathetic.

So since I didn't watch the game, is there stuff from the highlights that I didn't see? How was our defense as a whole today? I saw Rice had 2 "vulture" touchdowns, was it because of Joe carrying the team?

I need details!!!

Side note: My brother, after me telling him that ESPN is going to light up Flacco again this week for not performing well enough", told me that all Flacco does is check the ball down and he's got so many pieces around him and his success last year was bullcrap because he's not that good. Laughing

I just walked out of the room and told him he's an idiot.

Well to sum up the GDT...

Bryant McKinnie is garbage.
Gino Gradkowski was horrible.

KO left the game with back spasms (which he's apparently been dealing with through the season and could explain his play)

AQ Shipley filled in for KO and actually looked slightly better in creating some rushing lanes on occasion, but any slight gains in run blocking was negated by looking FAR worse than KO in pass blocking. He wasn't as bad as McKinnie or Gradkowski, but he wasn't far behind.

Oher looked good out there.
Yanda, I didn't notice him, but I'm sure he was as good as always.

Rice wasn't explosive, looked slow hitting the whole minus two runs... and even then, he wasn't incredibly explosive, just more than he's shown since the hip injury.

Pierce had a few good runs, but was mostly bottled up.

Ed Dickson made like two or three awesome catches. Shocked

Torrey Smith was really quiet in the first half with 2 catches for about 50 yards, then went HAM in the 2nd half with some big plays that led to scoring drives.

Tucker tucked.

Rice vultured.

Doss looked good as both a returner and receiver. Thompson was a nice kick returner and was hot and cold as a receiver.

Juszczyk saw action, but didn't make a play.

Flacco
There wasn't a pass play (that I can recall) where Flacco didn't get hit following the play. On many plays he had guys getting open, but couldn't step into throws or set his feet as he was being planted and had to get it out of there in a hurry.

He had no pocket to step into... well, you could probably count on one hand how many times he could work in the pocket.

We got bailed out on one drive by a very soft DPI penalty where Flacco targeted Deonte Thompson. Followe by a DPI in the endzone. Rice vultured. But Flacco, the refs, and the Miami defense did the heavy loading.

Flacco looked poised in the pocket. He didn't make one of those dumb throws or two per game he usually makes, the interception was because McKinnie sucks.
-----------------------------
Our defense on the other hand was pretty awesome.

Suggs had 3 sacks. Doom had one (unless I missed one).

McPhee had a sack. Upshaw as well. Forget who got the other one. Our safety play was hit or miss. Corey Graham was burnt to a crisp multiple times, made a few good plays at the end though.

Webb doesn't have his speed back, but his coverage was the best on the team.

Jimmy played a pretty good game, was dominant in press man when allowed. Gave up a TD... some people blame him, but the offensive player pushed off and it was a quick back shoulder pass, not much Jimmy could do to defend that.

Ngata dominated. Same with the rest of our DL. Our run defense was special.

Daryl Smith's pass coverage was awesome, RBs got no YAC.

Oh... and Suggs was awesome, deserves to be mentioned twice.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 27, 28, 29, 30  Next
Page 28 of 30

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group