Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

My take on Schiano
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Calibucsfan

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BucBall_76 wrote:
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/512472-the-top-10-dirtiest-teams-in-sports-history/page/9

"The Raiders had a league-wide reputation for taking cheap shots at will, before and after the play. Steelers head coach Chuck Noll once referred to the Raiders as the "criminal element of pro football." Perhaps Noll was right.

Oakland's dirty play stretched beyond the actual game. Head coach John Madden and the organization were often criticized for letting the grass at Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum grow untamed for days before games. There is even a tale that Madden once let the field flood the night before a game."

u mean that john madden?

Try to keep it all in 1 post...I know you're mad but still...

AND LMAO Laughing
And congrats for going off topic. Firs you show me an article of how dirty the Raiders were(which I have no idea what that has to do with anything) and then you showed me a clip of the giants RB fumbling the ball...

I clearly said show me a clip of where blitzing the victory formation WORKED(do you understand what this word means?) Since you cant find any evidence of that, I'm guessing it has NEVER worked, which means you have a better chance of winning the lottery since that has actually been done multiple times.

And not that it has anything to do with the current argument, but being dirty and cheap is two different things. John Madden's Raiders were considered dirty, but people had respect for them(I dont know anyone who did not respect the Super Bowl winning raiders), or another example of dirty is a LOT of people consider Dashon Goldson dirty..........but they all still respect him. Blitzing on victory formation? That is just cheap and you will lose respect from everyone for doing that 10 year old crap.

And that is great that you love playing to the whistle(even when you been clearly beaten). But thank god that Shiano the gap toothed looser will be fired and the next guy we hire(hopefully someone like Zimmer) will not be pulling that cheap crap such as blitzing victory formation

You remind me of the people I play against on Madden, that never punt the ball and always go for it even when its something like 4th&25...
Get on the yearly Buc carousel. Start off trash. Look better by mid season. Win 2-3 games at the end of the season. Get the 7th pick. Have what most fans consider a great draft and free agency. Start off trash again. Rinse and repeat
BucBall_76

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calibucsfan wrote:
BucBall_76 wrote:
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/512472-the-top-10-dirtiest-teams-in-sports-history/page/9

"The Raiders had a league-wide reputation for taking cheap shots at will, before and after the play. Steelers head coach Chuck Noll once referred to the Raiders as the "criminal element of pro football." Perhaps Noll was right.

Oakland's dirty play stretched beyond the actual game. Head coach John Madden and the organization were often criticized for letting the grass at Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum grow untamed for days before games. There is even a tale that Madden once let the field flood the night before a game."

u mean that john madden?

Try to keep it all in 1 post...I know you're mad but still...

AND LMAO Laughing
And congrats for going off topic. Firs you show me an article of how dirty the Raiders were(which I have no idea what that has to do with anything) and then you showed me a clip of the giants RB fumbling the ball...

I clearly said show me a clip of where blitzing the victory formation WORKED(do you understand what this word means?) Since you cant find any evidence of that, I'm guessing it has NEVER worked, which means you have a better chance of winning the lottery since that has actually been done multiple times.

And not that it has anything to do with the current argument, but being dirty and cheap is two different things. John Madden's Raiders were considered dirty, but people had respect for them(I dont know anyone who did not respect the Super Bowl winning raiders), or another example of dirty is a LOT of people consider Dashon Goldson dirty..........but they all still respect him. Blitzing on victory formation? That is just cheap and you will lose respect from everyone for doing that 10 year old crap.

And that is great that you love playing to the whistle(even when you been clearly beaten). But thank god that Shiano the gap toothed looser will be fired and the next guy we hire(hopefully someone like Zimmer) will not be pulling that cheap crap such as blitzing victory formation

You remind me of the people I play against on Madden, that never punt the ball and always go for it even when its something like 4th&25...

Ur right. U win.

Its clear ur hate for schiano is blinding u.

"There's something to be said for guys that want to be Miami Hurricanes."- Al Golden - TBA Trust, Belief, Accountability
Calibucsfan

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BucBall_76 wrote:
Ur right. U win.

Its clear ur hate for schiano is blinding u.

I don't hate Shiano, I just don't think he is a good fit for us. And I am not blind from anything, I just simply think that blitzing the victory formation is cheap. If you don't want to take my word for it, go to NFL general and start a topic with a poll and see what the majority of the people think about it
Get on the yearly Buc carousel. Start off trash. Look better by mid season. Win 2-3 games at the end of the season. Get the 7th pick. Have what most fans consider a great draft and free agency. Start off trash again. Rinse and repeat
YoungBucs15

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

While you constantly bring up the fact that people look at it as cheap, why don't people bring up some of the coaches that agree with the move. This was coming off the Giants game last year.

Pete Carroll

Quote:
"I'm glad it was brought up like this," the Seattle Seahawks coach told reporters Thursday, "because I think it was a competitor competing, and I don't think there is anything wrong with that. That's exactly what you should do, try to win the game. And there was a chance to win the game on that play, and I thought Greg did exactly the right thing. I would do exactly the same thing in the same situation."

And I think you missed the whole point on the miracle at the meadowlands post. It also wasn't until after that game that the kneel down was an accepted play. So the kneel down wasn't a true end of the game play until almost the 1980's. So the same era of football that most fans want the league to go back to, the more smash mouth style of football. There have actually been owners that have tried to pass a rule that prevents the kneel down and would penalize any time running a play that wasn't trying to advance the ball.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

YoungBucs15 wrote:
While you constantly bring up the fact that people look at it as cheap, why don't people bring up some of the coaches that agree with the move. This was coming off the Giants game last year.

Pete Carroll

Quote:
"I'm glad it was brought up like this," the Seattle Seahawks coach told reporters Thursday, "because I think it was a competitor competing, and I don't think there is anything wrong with that. That's exactly what you should do, try to win the game. And there was a chance to win the game on that play, and I thought Greg did exactly the right thing. I would do exactly the same thing in the same situation."

And I think you missed the whole point on the miracle at the meadowlands post. It also wasn't until after that game that the kneel down was an accepted play. So the kneel down wasn't a true end of the game play until almost the 1980's. So the same era of football that most fans want the league to go back to, the more smash mouth style of football. There have actually been owners that have tried to pass a rule that prevents the kneel down and would penalize any time running a play that wasn't trying to advance the ball.

Agreed. In what other sport can the team/individual leading say that the game is over when there is still time on the clock and the other team/individual is in striking distance? I'll wait...

Just because the victory formation has become commonplace in the NFL, it doesn't mean that it's right. No other sport accepts anything like this. In a one possession game with time on the clock I have no problem with it at all.

Adopt-A-Buc Adrian Clayborn
Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
leadkills

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The blitzing on the kneeldown is one of the best things I loved about schiano. Sure it didn't work, but if it did the whole league would be praising him. I play high school football personally and I hate that the refs actually tell us not to do anything on the play, so they're basically telling us to wave the white flag. Schiano himself I do feel like he needs to adjust when adjusting is called for and don't believe he should continue being the coach if this rate keeps up, but the kneel down I was glad to see.
tml_gogo

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd love to see what happens in a hockey game if there was time left on the clock and the team that was up by 1 goal took the puck behind their net and just tried ragging the time.

I guarantee a minimum of 4 injuries.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well sorry guys that I am not a fan of cheap tacticts like attacking victory formation.....I guess I am more of a fan of beating the opposing team in the 4 quarters of play, rather than hoping for a miracle fumble in the last seconds of the game.

That's great Shiano does not surrender......maybe he should learn how to play during the actual game and not at the end
YoungBucs15

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calibucsfan wrote:
Well sorry guys that I am not a fan of cheap tacticts like attacking victory formation.....I guess I am more of a fan of beating the opposing team in the 4 quarters of play, rather than hoping for a miracle fumble in the last seconds of the game.

That's great Shiano does not surrender......maybe he should learn how to play during the actual game and not at the end

Don't you mean "of beating a team for the first 46-47 minutes." Don't want the team trying to win until the final whistle.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YoungBucs15 wrote:
Calibucsfan wrote:

Don't you mean "of beating a team for the first 46-47 minutes." Don't want the team trying to win until the final whistle.

Yeah sure....that is what I meant
YoungBucs15

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calibucsfan wrote:
YoungBucs15 wrote:
Calibucsfan wrote:

I just don't get how you can say you want to team that tries to beat the other team for 4 quarters but than complain when they play until the end of the 4th quarter. Kind of can't have both.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.bucsnation.com/2013/10/6/4808638/nflpa-greg-schiano-part-of-decision-to-place-lawrence-tynes-on-nfi

The bad publicity just continues. When is enough going to be enough? If they lose to Philly and go 0-5? It is just theatre of the absurd at this point.
Calibucsfan

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YoungBucs15 wrote:
Calibucsfan wrote:
YoungBucs15 wrote:
Calibucsfan wrote:

I just don't get how you can say you want to team that tries to beat the other team for 4 quarters but than complain when they play until the end of the 4th quarter. Kind of can't have both.

I don't get how what I say goes beyond your comprehension.

Yes I want my team to kick [inappropriate/removed] all 4 quarters, but I do not want to rely on a late 4th quarter miracle fumble from a kneeldown(which has never happened in the history of the NFL)....if we are lining up against victory formation in the 4th, then clearly we did not kick [inappropriate/removed] for 4 quarters.

I get you guys like it because it shows we are not willing to give up, but its still cheap makes us look like losers. And the fact that is has never been done before makes it just plain stupid....we have better chances doing a hook and ladder play from our own 5 yard line to the opponents end zone
YoungBucs15

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calibucsfan wrote:
YoungBucs15 wrote:
Calibucsfan wrote:
YoungBucs15 wrote:
Calibucsfan wrote:

I don't get how what I say goes beyond your comprehension.

Yes I want my team to kick [inappropriate/removed] all 4 quarters, but I do not want to rely on a late 4th quarter miracle fumble from a kneeldown(which has never happened in the history of the NFL)....if we are lining up against victory formation in the 4th, then clearly we did not kick [inappropriate/removed] for 4 quarters.

I get you guys like it because it shows we are not willing to give up, but its still cheap makes us look like losers. And the fact that is has never been done before makes it just plain stupid....we have better chances doing a hook and ladder play from our own 5 yard line to the opponents end zone

Trust me, i understand what you mean.

I don't think that the main idea is to force a fumble on that specific play. If it happens that is great. However if we can force that team to potentially run a play instead of that than we have a better chance. That is the whole point of the miracle at the meadowlands. But you choose to ignore that and anything else. I could care less whether we run it or not. Obviously the players don't mind either. Schiano has said he has given them the option to not run it. I'm not here to convince you that you should like the play, honestly could care less what you think regarding it. But to sit here and complain because they don't agree is a little ridiculous.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^^^^^^^^^^

I hope you get your wish and one day NFL network films will show "Miracle in Tampa Bay"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: