Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

My take on Schiano
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaRealdeal

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For as angry as I am at Schiano now, I do think that he has done a lot of good here. He established order first and foremost, which was surely lacking with Rah. The turnaround on defense has been great as well. Our LBs have become playmakers and we're finding a way to manufacture a pass-rush. He's also assembled a ton of talent across the roster. This may be our most talented roster since 2003.

His biggest problem has been his failure to adjust. Our offense continues to sputter and is way to predictable, our DLine continues to stunt despite their ability to win when they pin their ears back, our $16 million CB continues to play predominantly zone coverage when he's the best man CB in the game...but worst of all he has yet to pump the breaks and start treating these guys like men. He's a control freak that thinks his way is the only way. Toes on the line, 67.5 degrees, eat this type of pasta...give it a rest already. When you're winning everything is rainbows and marshmallows, but when you're losing you don't have a friend in the world.

Schiano's tactics have pushed him into a corner. I don't hear anyone in that locker room sticking up for him. Win or you're gone.

Adopt-A-Buc Adrian Clayborn
Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
Bucs00

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^Well said. Schiano was needed here. He didn't give us many wins, but he cleaned up the mess. If he could have softened his apporoach this year, he might have done better.

Intresting opinion about Schiano from his former QB
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1796427-it-wasnt-easy-ex-rutgers-quarterback-remembers-good-bad-about-greg-schiano
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bucs00 wrote:
^Well said. Schiano was needed here. He didn't give us many wins, but he cleaned up the mess. If he could have softened his apporoach this year, he might have done better.

Intresting opinion about Schiano from his former QB
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1796427-it-wasnt-easy-ex-rutgers-quarterback-remembers-good-bad-about-greg-schiano

Read that last night. Gotta say my outlook has changed. After calming down about this crap, I honestly think josh didn't have what it takes to play for schiano. At the same time I do think schiano needs to soften up. Not Raheem like but install the discipline but treat them like men at the same time.

Schianos next role is he needs to adjust to today's game. He hasn't. He's too stubborn and thinks his method will work. But in due time he needs his qb. I doubt glennon is that guy. He was just the next best option out of scrubs in the offseason.

I highly doubt the skins make a move on cousins. Very rarely do you see swaps this early. But it's torture to see this team that talented at 0-4.
RoeKG

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaRealdeal wrote:
For as angry as I am at Schiano now, I do think that he has done a lot of good here. He established order first and foremost, which was surely lacking with Rah. The turnaround on defense has been great as well. Our LBs have become playmakers and we're finding a way to manufacture a pass-rush. He's also assembled a ton of talent across the roster. This may be our most talented roster since 2003.

His biggest problem has been his failure to adjust. Our offense continues to sputter and is way to predictable, our DLine continues to stunt despite their ability to win when they pin their ears back, our $16 million CB continues to play predominantly zone coverage when he's the best man CB in the game...but worst of all he has yet to pump the breaks and start treating these guys like men. He's a control freak that thinks his way is the only way. Toes on the line, 67.5 degrees, eat this type of pasta...give it a rest already. When you're winning everything is rainbows and marshmallows, but when you're losing you don't have a friend in the world.

Schiano's tactics have pushed him into a corner. I don't hear anyone in that locker room sticking up for him. Win or you're gone.

How much of that run defense was due to McCoy, David and Barron? Schiano deserves some credit, but I'm skeptical of how much of it should be his.
deuces22wild

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RoeKG wrote:
DaRealdeal wrote:

How much of that run defense was due to McCoy, David and Barron? Schiano deserves some credit, but I'm skeptical of how much of it should be his.

Who drafted those players Wink

Michael Johnson 15 tackles | 2 sacks | 1 ff
indifference

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RoeKG wrote:
DaRealdeal wrote:

I agree. People are quick to point out how much he "turned this defense" around but to me I've been seeing amazing individual efforts at each level of the defense. McCoy on the DL, David at the LB spot, Revis CB, and Barron holding it down at safety this year. Those guys have been really great for us and everyone else just has blended in with a few flashes here and there. Now if you wanna give ANY coach credit for defense it has to deal with developing players that weren't so highly touted. We knew we had special talents in David+McCoy but a REALLY good coach can make players better that weren't as good. You seen Dungy do this when we just had Sapp on the D-LINE. Good coaches make everyone better not just the obvious guys. I'll say the Spence pick is looking like gold right now. Goldson has not made the impact in coverage that I thought he would. I get the feeling though he isn't being used properly. I don't see him roaming around back there, he just kinda sticks to his assignment. And that's the problem. I don't see a lot of risks being taken this year. Last year, we would gamble with the WORST coverage secondary in the league and leave guys free to roam but this year he totally flipped the switch with even better players that he had. I see a lot our blitzes are effective on third downs but we don't use them as much as we should.
RoeKG

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

deuces22wild wrote:
RoeKG wrote:
DaRealdeal wrote:

Who drafted those players Wink

I believe it was the same guy who drafted Freeman, Rejus Benn, Brian Price, Allen Bradford, Myron Lewis, Kyle Moore...

Edit: For the record, I'm not saying this to be anti-Schiano. I don't really know how I feel about the guy. Let's see how he does now that we ran Freeman out of town.

I'm mostly skeptical of the conservative play calling, lack of adjustments and rampant penalties, some of which indifference outlined below.
DaRealdeal

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RoeKG wrote:
DaRealdeal wrote:

That's fair, we definitely have more talent, but he did put his stamp on the run defense with the tilted nose. Having a tilted nose has actually freed up McCoy a ton to make plays. Our LBs have also become better blitzers, specifically Mason Foster.

You can't have a turnaround without talent, but I do give credit to Schiano and the defensive coaching staff for the schemes that they have implemented.

Adopt-A-Buc Adrian Clayborn
Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The fact that the browns worked out Tyler thigpen before josh freeman should say enough.
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're top 5 in the nfl in sacks after finishing horribly. Cannot say schiano didn't have a hand in that. We lose Bennett and don't have a solidified #1 pass rusher. Clayborn is more of a Greg spires type.

We're generating a pass rush from not a very stellar dline that needs a legit threat off the edge.
Calibucsfan

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bucs00 wrote:

I'm sorry but I fully disagree. Shiano was needed here?? Cleaned up the mess??? How exactly????????

In case I'm the only one that noticed, we are 0-4 and we are the most pathetic/laughed at Franchise in the NFL.

Before I said that Browns,Raiders, and Jags are more pathetic than we are, but in reality their not. We are the most pathetic franchise today. Browns are first in the AFC North and have 2 first round picks. Raiders at least have 1 win. Jags are terrible but outside of 3-4 players, they have no talent on that roster so its understandable. But us? We are 0-4 with a roster that is beyond loaded with talent, and are also all over the media in the most negative ways.

So what did Shiano clean up exactly...the discipline? So he came in and treated our players like they are first year 18 year old college kids. And guess what....now we are the most pathetic franchise there is, and what makes it more embarrassing is we have more talent than 50% of the teams in the league.

I mean, this is the same gap tooth looser that blitzes on victory formation....Shiano needed here? Thats like saying Raheem and Youngry movement was needed here..
yep get on the yearly Buc carousel. Start off trash. Look better by mid season. Win 2-3 games at the end of the season. Get the 7th pick. Have what most fans consider a great draft and free agency. Start off trash again. Rinse and repeat
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well in hindsight schiano came in and brought his scheme. If we're mostly zone oriented, why did Dom bring in Revis? Schiano doesn't make those calls. He has input but it all falls on Dom to make the final decision.

Why sign goldson in a league where the hard hitting safety who lacks coverage skills but can lay the wood?
BucBall_76

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calibucsfan wrote:
Bucs00 wrote:

I'm sorry but I fully disagree. Shiano was needed here?? Cleaned up the mess??? How exactly????????

In case I'm the only one that noticed, we are 0-4 and we are the most pathetic/laughed at Franchise in the NFL.

Before I said that Browns,Raiders, and Jags are more pathetic than we are, but in reality their not. We are the most pathetic franchise today. Browns are first in the AFC North and have 2 first round picks. Raiders at least have 1 win. Jags are terrible but outside of 3-4 players, they have no talent on that roster so its understandable. But us? We are 0-4 with a roster that is beyond loaded with talent, and are also all over the media in the most negative ways.

So what did Shiano clean up exactly...the discipline? So he came in and treated our players like they are first year 18 year old college kids. And guess what....now we are the most pathetic franchise there is, and what makes it more embarrassing is we have more talent than 50% of the teams in the league.

I mean, this is the same gap tooth looser that blitzes on victory formation....Shiano needed here? Thats like saying Raheem and Youngry movement was needed here..

I actually love seeing that. if its a one possession game, and there is still a chance to win the game(however miniscule it may be), then do what u have to. and by now, people know to expect it.

"There's something to be said for guys that want to be Miami Hurricanes."- Al Golden - TBA Trust, Belief, Accountability
deuces22wild

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
Well in hindsight schiano came in and brought his scheme. If we're mostly zone oriented, why did Dom bring in Revis? Schiano doesn't make those calls. He has input but it all falls on Dom to make the final decision.

Why sign goldson in a league where the hard hitting safety who lacks coverage skills but can lay the wood?

Give it a rest! Get the best damn corner in the league you make it work!

Your Dom hate has gone off the deep end. This coming from a guy that was crying the other day to bring Freeman back as the face of the franchise again and a few hours after that to then hand the keys over to Tebow.

"BRING JOSH BACK"

Michael Johnson 15 tackles | 2 sacks | 1 ff
Calibucsfan

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BucBall_76 wrote:
Calibucsfan wrote:
Bucs00 wrote:

I actually love seeing that. if its a one possession game, and there is still a chance to win the game(however miniscule it may be), then do what u have to. and by now, people know to expect it.

And when has that actually worked for us? If you see victory formation at the end of the 4th, clearly you lost...accept it. Blitzing against it is like a 10 year old that cant accept a loss at a game of checkers, and instead of taking the loss he instead picks up the table and flips it over
yep get on the yearly Buc carousel. Start off trash. Look better by mid season. Win 2-3 games at the end of the season. Get the 7th pick. Have what most fans consider a great draft and free agency. Start off trash again. Rinse and repeat

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: