Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

My take on Schiano
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gatoralex911

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:46 pm    Post subject: My take on Schiano Reply with quote

I don't think the man is a bad coach. He seems like a pretty intense guy most of the time whose just such a hard (a). You guys probably can see it too. This toes on the line and no nonsense attitude seems to have worn itself thin already. He knows football but man this town has turned on him fast. I liked him when he was hired as a disciplined hard working kind of guy. But when you hear all the stuff going on and the stuff Anthony Davis has said about him. He seems more like im gonna break you down and make you not actually enjoy football kinda guy. All this locker room dissent and all the leaks coming out and such. It just makes it seem for such a tough guy he pisses to many people off because he doesn't have enough control and because he is so overbearing all the time. I mean I can understand that he is a tough guy and wants to install a culture of toughness. But all he is doing is installing team of unhappy players, with a locker room a mess. He seems like the perfect coach for young college kids who need to be molded. Im not necessarily in the belief that he can't be an NFL coach. But not with his current attitude of lack of communicative skills. For such a tough guy I wish he'd just come out take accountability and say something along the lines of. Hey Bucs fans I know this season has been hard and I know were struggling. But look im working as hard as possible to fix this, ive created a bit of a debacle and im here to man up to it. His overbearing attitude comes off as more of a stubborn coach unwilling to listen, make adjustments, and communicate clearly with players. I think it shows it self in many ways. I used to always be the fire this guy fire that guy kinda of person. Ive mellowed out now but I just hate to see my Bucs look so bad in the public eye.
Calibucsfan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup. Agreed with everything you said. He reminds me of my high school coach...and that is not a good thing. In the NFL level, you should still try to install discipline on your team, but at the same time you have to realize that they are all grown men and not a bunch of college kids that need to have you constantly breathe down on them
Get on the yearly Buc carousel. Start off trash. Look better by mid season. Win 2-3 games at the end of the season. Get the 7th pick. Have what most fans consider a great draft and free agency. Start off trash again. Rinse and repeat
tml_gogo

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed.

Just seems like an incredibly hostile work environment. These guys are grown men and have families, they don't need to come in to work and get treated like 18 year old kids. It's exhausting, I imagine.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My take on Schiano is that he has one shot during our next game. If we win and do well against the Eagles a lot of this may be forgotten, especially if the team turns things around. People may think Schiano was right, and Freeman was the issue.

Lose, though, and the rest of the season will only get harder, with no wins, a rookie QB, and a bad record going back the last dozen games or so. I'd be shocked if he isn't fired afterward.
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hear me out on this: we should sign Tebow. Remember in 2011 he helped guide the broncos to the playoffs behind a strong defense. He won a game in playoffs as well. Tebow is a leader among men. He just comes up clutch even if the numbers aren't pretty.

Sorry but you got nothing to lose right now. He fails ur gone. He wins you games , well got a chance. Don't think we're doing much with glennon.
Caaddy24

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
Hear me out on this: we should sign Tebow. Remember in 2011 he helped guide the broncos to the playoffs behind a strong defense. He won a game in playoffs as well. Tebow is a leader among men. He just comes up clutch even if the numbers aren't pretty.

Sorry but you got nothing to lose right now. He fails ur gone. He wins you games , well got a chance. Don't think we're doing much with glennon.

No
He Hate Me

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:

Props to Eggy
deuces22wild

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:

It's been a rough one for you today r&p Shocked

Mike Evans 46 - 794 - 7
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deuces22wild wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:

Unfortunately yes. It's been a rough week.

But Tebow has won a playoff game. Something we can't say we have on our roster.

I need to drink. What a waste of a season and year.
tml_gogo

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lolTebowlol

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
deuces22wild wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:

Unfortunately yes. It's been a rough week.

But Tebow has won a playoff game. Something we can't say we have on our roster.

I need to drink. What a waste of a season and year.

Perfect timing tomorrow is Friday Very Happy

I don't think we need anymore attention. No reason to win one or two more games possibly with Tebow at the helm. He isn't the long term answer and could just end up screwing us from grabbing a legit stud come April.

Mike Evans 46 - 794 - 7
ravishingone

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All of his micromanaging ways could be tolerated if the team would win. However, time after time, this team just plays so conservatively in the 4th quarter, they just beg the opponent to come back and beat them.

0-6 in games decided by 3 points or less is a pretty alarming stat against Schiano. I will give him credit for the improvement in the defense, but he certainly deserves blame for the conservative, arachaic gameplan of the offense. Bottom line, I don't think Coach Schiano is a good game day manager. The team on both sides of the ball this year, generally has done okay in the first half, but there seem to be no adjustments made at halftime, especially on offense. Let's get the slimmest of leads in the second half, run on first down lose yardage, run on 2nd down pick up 3 yards, 3rd and long let's pass and hope for the best. This regime is the anti-Rah regime. Rah's team usually looked like crap in the first half, but made adjustments and played better in the second half.

The rest of the schedule certainly isn't easy, I think the team has to be .500 for him to save his job. No TE, 3rd WR in question, a rookie QB, and an ultra conservative offense I don't like his chances.

Right now Schiano is trending in the direction of Josh McDaniel as a head coach.
SappDaddyDance

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:

Saying lets sign Tebow because he won a playoff game is like saying lets sign Mark Sanchez because he has been to 2 AFC Championship games
Get on the yearly Buc carousel. Start off trash. Look better by mid season. Win 2-3 games at the end of the season. Get the 7th pick. Have what most fans consider a great draft and free agency. Start off trash again. Rinse and repeat
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just think we could have had chudzinksi in 2012. Sheesh. What is wrong with our organization? We don't look like nor make the quality decisions these teams make.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: