Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

GDT: Smelly Birds @ BTITW Cant stop us now!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Biggsam49

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GmenSeattle wrote:
Acgott wrote:
Biggsam49 wrote:
xPrISM wrote:
Biggsam49 wrote:
So.

We go 2-14. We get the number 1 or 2 pick.

Do we fire Coughlin and draft a QB?

Neither? They aren't the problem.

Colts picked first. Peyton wasn't the problem. Still got replaced.

And Eli deserves a large portion of the blame.

Peyton had a MAJOR neck injury... No one knew if he would play again

Good thing the Colts didn't keep him too. He's clearly been a bad signing by the Broncos.

We're looking at the Colt's decision, not the Broncos.

Get 3(?) more years of an elite QB with a terrible surrounding team or get the young franchise QB? If they had the chance to make that decision again, they absolutely do it again.

That's sort of the dilemma we're in. In this hypothetical situation where we get a top pick, we're going through a coaching change. Our team lacks talent. How many years of good Eli do we have? I think 4 is reasonable (if he hasn't already started a decline.) How many years will be wasted rebuilding and implementing a new scheme around him? At least 2?

If we believe Bridgewater or whoever, is a franchise guy, I think it's the right move to draft him. Doesn't mean get rid of Eli immediately, but his days would be numbered.
Biggsam49

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are people still complaining about Gilbride? We cried for more screens/slants. It happened. Slants worked. Screens we proved we can't run.

He's calling a gameplan with no weapon at TEs, a should-be FA as the only HB. The oline is historically bad in both aspects, Jacobs fumbled and is missing blocks, and the WRs are dropping things down the field (Nicks, Cruz, and Randle all guilty.) Both Nicks and Cruz gave up interceptions cause they didn't fight for the ball. Eli was drunk again.

We lack talent and don't execute. Gilbride didn't call a bad game.
reckless123

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Biggsam49 wrote:
Are people still complaining about Gilbride? We cried for more screens/slants. It happened. Slants worked. Screens we proved we can't run.

He's calling a gameplan with no weapon at TEs, a should-be FA as the only HB. The oline is historically bad in both aspects, Jacobs fumbled and is missing blocks, and the WRs are dropping things down the field (Nicks, Cruz, and Randle all guilty.) Both Nicks and Cruz gave up interceptions cause they didn't fight for the ball. Eli was drunk again.

It worked and we still went for the big play every other snap. Yes we did miss opportunities to catch more deep passes but the defenders were always in place.

Gilbride is part of the problem no doubt and a huge part of it.

"I'm not in the danger, I AM the DANGER" - Heisenberg
Gmen

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Coughlin will be gone. Eli isn't going anywhere, and nor should he. We have the worst running game in the league, worst defense in the league. Eli is trying to make things happen behind an offensive line that has given up the most sacks in the league thus far. He's shown what he can do when he has a halfway decent team around him. This team is not anywhere near halfway decent.

"Has courage and poise. In my opinion, most of all, he has that quality you can't define. Call it magic."

- Ernie Accorsi scouting report of Eli
mattbags2313

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i was at the game and had the pleasure of SITTING BY ALL EAGLES FANS..almost got tossed on 2 different occasions. I got to see 3 drunk girls get arrested by undercover cops in eagles jerseys....go figure Laughing Laughing

highlight of my game experience today
mlv

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gmen wrote:
Coughlin will be gone. Eli isn't going anywhere, and nor should he. We have the worst running game in the league, worst defense in the league. Eli is trying to make things happen behind an offensive line that has given up the most sacks in the league thus far. He's shown what he can do when he has a halfway decent team around him. This team is not anywhere near halfway decent.

All of this. I have doubts whether Coughlin will be gone, but he certainly should be. He's done an absolutely horrible job this year and has been outcoached in nearly every game.

I am certain that Gilbride and Fewell are history, though.
GmenSeattle

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Biggsam49 wrote:
GmenSeattle wrote:
Acgott wrote:
Biggsam49 wrote:
xPrISM wrote:
Biggsam49 wrote:
So.

We go 2-14. We get the number 1 or 2 pick.

Do we fire Coughlin and draft a QB?

Neither? They aren't the problem.

Colts picked first. Peyton wasn't the problem. Still got replaced.

And Eli deserves a large portion of the blame.

Peyton had a MAJOR neck injury... No one knew if he would play again

Good thing the Colts didn't keep him too. He's clearly been a bad signing by the Broncos.

We're looking at the Colt's decision, not the Broncos.

Get 3(?) more years of an elite QB with a terrible surrounding team or get the young franchise QB? If they had the chance to make that decision again, they absolutely do it again.

That's sort of the dilemma we're in. In this hypothetical situation where we get a top pick, we're going through a coaching change. Our team lacks talent. How many years of good Eli do we have? I think 4 is reasonable (if he hasn't already started a decline.) How many years will be wasted rebuilding and implementing a new scheme around him? At least 2?

If we believe Bridgewater or whoever, is a franchise guy, I think it's the right move to draft him. Doesn't mean get rid of Eli immediately, but his days would be numbered.

Why do you think he'll play for just 3 more years? Peyton is 5 years older and still doing just fine.

Anyway. If I knew how to fix football teams I'd have a job doing it I'm sure:P In stead I'm online posting on a forum Razz

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mlv wrote:
Gmen wrote:

All of this. I have doubts whether Coughlin will be gone, but he certainly should be. He's done an absolutely horrible job this year and has been outcoached in nearly every game.

I am certain that Gilbride and Fewell are history, though.

I agree. Coughlin will likely be back and allowed to hire a new DC and OC. Our OL coach and ST should go to. It's some execution but it is schemes and playcalling. Not to excuse the players for poor execution but the schemes suck.

AND IN OTHER NEWS...ROMO CHOKES AGAIN Laughing

Desperado82 wrote:
I will never defend Romo again. I'm done. We may only have a shot at the playoffs or what have you because of him, but he will NEVER put us over the hump.
minutemancl

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To rub salt in the wounds I had to serve Jason avant ice cream again tonight Sad I wanted to say something but I didn't.

Let me give you my personal opinion, on what I think has happened.
It all started with the release of the coke machine in Brandon Jacobs.
DTURBULENTGMEN

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First payton won it all then Eli The Very Next Year then Eli Again but In Payton's House and Now It's Gonna Be Payton In But Eli's House , Talk About Your Serious#PoeticJustice ....
Shockey1979

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Biggsam49 wrote:

You may be the lone single Giants fan that believes Killdrive isn't a huge part of the problem...

"Sundown, you better take care... if I find you been creepin' round my back stairs"
Gmen4ev

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

minutemancl wrote:
To rub salt in the wounds I had to serve Jason avant ice cream again tonight Sad I wanted to say something but I didn't.

Oh come on!!!!

Prime opportunity man Laughing

Not a Knicks fan
Gmen

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If all of his coordinators stink and should be fired, including the ST coordinator, why keep Coughlin around? He's the oldest coach in the league. Hard for me to imagine him having another run with a completely new coaching staff around him. It's time to bring in a new HC, a new system, and hope we can quickly rebuild around Eli. I wouldn't mind a guy like O'brien from Penn State or Shaw from Stanford.

"Has courage and poise. In my opinion, most of all, he has that quality you can't define. Call it magic."

- Ernie Accorsi scouting report of Eli
bballbkd1001

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gmen wrote:
If all of his coordinators stink and should be fired, including the ST coordinator, why keep Coughlin around? He's the oldest coach in the league. Hard for me to imagine him having another run with a completely new coaching staff around him. It's time to bring in a new HC, a new system, and hope we can quickly rebuild around Eli. I wouldn't mind a guy like O'brien from Penn State or Shaw from Stanford.
can we start preaching this to the world? Shaw for nyg head coach??

I've seen rumors start on this board that have came true. This is the only one I care about

^^^ Huge props Rase on the Sig!
dkebones

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gmen wrote:

a guy i love is Mike Zimmer.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 11 of 12

Jump to: