Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Ryan Fitzpatrick
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SpacemanSpiff

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titansNvolsR#1 wrote:
SpacemanSpiff wrote:
The throw to Washington was pure luck. The Wright throw was nice. So outside of those two completions, what did Fitzpatrick really show us last week against the Jets?

I understand a lack of preparation, but correct me if I'm wrong: Isn't the backup's job to be prepared for the game in the event of an injury?

I'm not optimistic about this team's chances to win with this guy. Chad Pennington without the accuracy is not a good description you want for your backup.

Weren't you throwing out some crazy ideas like Tebow and Freeman? Fitz is miles ahead of them.

I'm from Gainesville. Of course I was gonna throw out Tebow. You know that.

Ockham wrote:
Yeah. We wouldn't want a power run blocker. We prefer the ole' let CJ get hit in the backfeild type run blocker. My bad.
-Hope-

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpacemanSpiff wrote:
titansNvolsR#1 wrote:
SpacemanSpiff wrote:
The throw to Washington was pure luck. The Wright throw was nice. So outside of those two completions, what did Fitzpatrick really show us last week against the Jets?

I understand a lack of preparation, but correct me if I'm wrong: Isn't the backup's job to be prepared for the game in the event of an injury?

I'm not optimistic about this team's chances to win with this guy. Chad Pennington without the accuracy is not a good description you want for your backup.

Weren't you throwing out some crazy ideas like Tebow and Freeman? Fitz is miles ahead of them.

I'm from Gainesville. Of course I was gonna throw out Tebow. You know that.

I dunno man, most UF kids I know are a bit more realistic at this stage in Tebow's career. Laughing

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, watching Jeff Tuel tonight, yeah, we could do worse at backup QB than Fitzpatrick. Laughing

Adopted Titans - Sammie Lee Hill and Jackie Battle
coleman51

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

titans0021 wrote:
Well, watching Jeff Tuel tonight, yeah, we could do worse at backup QB than Fitzpatrick. Laughing

It also reminds me of what it could be like if Fitzpatrick goes down.

Quote:
@jwyattsports 1h
#Titans safety Bernard Pollard on #Chiefs: “I’m mad at the fact they’ve decided to come here and play football in our stadium."

RIP Stylish313
titans_5

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rusty wouldnt be thaaaat bad.
Titans fan 617

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

therealdeal wrote:
Titans fan 617 wrote:
therealdeal wrote:
titanrick wrote:
Like Fitz a lot and thought back when he was available that he could become one of the best backup QBs in the league. Glad we signed him.

Having said that, he's got his work cut out for him the next three weeks. I will consider 1-2 a smashing success. Anything more is gravy.

In total Agreement... I have no question about the defensive play..

It's going to be on the offense playing well.. Limiting turnovers.. And Britt stepping up

Im in agreement that im fine with Fitz hes more than capable on beating good teams the Titans wont let him throw it 40 times so hell be fine. I expect the defense to play good. Im not worried if Britt does or doesnt play I think were good enough for now without Britt but what a huge difference he can make if he jus shuts up focuses and plays football. No one here is asking him to be Calvin Johnson we jus want Britt to be Britt but im just not confident that hes ever gonna by in to winning an getting better

It was like 1 Tweet man lol

It goes beyond the one tweet though. Hes injured yet again. An after the Chargers game instead of talking about a win he has to defend his tweet an his performance that day. He's becoming a distraction. He needs to come out Sunday an make plays. All the other WRs are making plays Williams looked good last week an Wash an Wright have looked all year Walkers good its time for Britt to start playing football

Sig by daboyle250

TITANIA FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPIONSHIPS
therealdeal

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Titans fan 617 wrote:
therealdeal wrote:
Titans fan 617 wrote:
therealdeal wrote:
titanrick wrote:
Like Fitz a lot and thought back when he was available that he could become one of the best backup QBs in the league. Glad we signed him.

Having said that, he's got his work cut out for him the next three weeks. I will consider 1-2 a smashing success. Anything more is gravy.

In total Agreement... I have no question about the defensive play..

It's going to be on the offense playing well.. Limiting turnovers.. And Britt stepping up

Im in agreement that im fine with Fitz hes more than capable on beating good teams the Titans wont let him throw it 40 times so hell be fine. I expect the defense to play good. Im not worried if Britt does or doesnt play I think were good enough for now without Britt but what a huge difference he can make if he jus shuts up focuses and plays football. No one here is asking him to be Calvin Johnson we jus want Britt to be Britt but im just not confident that hes ever gonna by in to winning an getting better

It was like 1 Tweet man lol

It goes beyond the one tweet though. Hes injured yet again. An after the Chargers game instead of talking about a win he has to defend his tweet an his performance that day. He's becoming a distraction. He needs to come out Sunday an make plays. All the other WRs are making plays Williams looked good last week an Wash an Wright have looked all year Walkers good its time for Britt to start playing football

Im just responding to you saying he needs to just shut up and play...

It was just 1 Tweet (as far as talking wise)

thats all im saying Smile
derekfelty

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Were working out David Carr today, so in the mean while we might have another qb in the club.
SpacemanSpiff

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

titans0021 wrote:

That was a legitimate moment of "Ok, how does this guy have a job and not Tim Tebow?"

Ockham wrote:
Yeah. We wouldn't want a power run blocker. We prefer the ole' let CJ get hit in the backfeild type run blocker. My bad.
VY

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpacemanSpiff wrote:

That's a bit unfair, have to be reasonable when considering he likely got very few reps all week with any first team players. Getting a full week to prep with the 1's should help. This game is all about how our D can shut down KC + QB (in this case Fitz) minimizing any mistakes, and winning the field position battles.
titans0021

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpacemanSpiff wrote:
titans0021 wrote:

That was a legitimate moment of "Ok, how does this guy have a job and not Tim Tebow?"
There was a moment of "Hey, this guy is single-handedly going to make the decision to pick up the Browns defense in fantasy work."

But yeah, have no idea how Buffalo felt comfortable with him backing up their rookie QB.

Mockstairwell

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I asked a Bills forum what we should expect from Ryan Fitzpatrick.

http://www.reddit.com/r/buffalobills/comments/1nhpkn/im_a_titans_fan_what_should_i_expect_from_ryan/
titans0021

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mockstairwell wrote:
I asked a Bills forum what we should expect from Ryan Fitzpatrick.

http://www.reddit.com/r/buffalobills/comments/1nhpkn/im_a_titans_fan_what_should_i_expect_from_ryan/
Basically what we've all figured. He's a very good backup, but isn't really a true starter. Doesn't have the physical tools to be a great quarterback, but is tough and can manage games. Inconsistent is pretty much the most common word I've heard. Hopefully we'll be relying on him to manage games rather than relying on his arm to win them for us, and if that's the case, I think he'll be fine.

titanrick

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The thing I liked about those Bills fans' opinions is that while some were saying "He'll throw a horrible INT at the worst possible time," others were actually explaining that those picks came when it was either make-a-play or lose-the-game time. Sure it would be great if your QB won every game where you trailed late, but that's not realistic. So if his INT reputation comes from doing everything he can to try and win games late - when his team was trailing - I'll take that.

"You can win with him, but you won't win because of him." Pretty much exactly how I view him.

Congrats, Seahawk fans!
TitanTuff

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

titanrick wrote:
The thing I liked about those Bills fans' opinions is that while some were saying "He'll throw a horrible INT at the worst possible time," others were actually explaining that those picks came when it was either make-a-play or lose-the-game time. Sure it would be great if your QB won every game where you trailed late, but that's not realistic. So if his INT reputation comes from doing everything he can to try and win games late - when his team was trailing - I'll take that.

"You can win with him, but you won't win because of him." Pretty much exactly how I view him.

I was pleasantly surprised as well with the Bill's fans' responses. The majority said he was a great manager.

Quote:
Ryan Fitzpatrick is Jay Cutler without the brand name, statistically. In a good situation where he doesn't need to win games all by himself, he will be more than good enough.

2013 Adopt-A-Titan RYAN FITZPATRICK 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: