Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Ryan Fitzpatrick
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
derekfelty

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:14 pm    Post subject: Ryan Fitzpatrick Reply with quote

I think this Titans team is the most talented squad Fitzpatrick has played with in his NFL career. He's a tough competitor who has a strong body for a quarterback; he also brings some mobility outside the pocket. The smart Harvard product will be paired with another intelligent guy in Titans offensive coordinator Dowell Loggains; between Loggains' game plan and Fitzpatrick's talent, Tennessee shouldn't really see a drop-off at quarterback while injured starter Jake Locker is out.

Fitzpatrick has been less than impressive when given chances to start before, but those opportunities came with inferior teams. Yes, he was cast aside in Buffalo, but I think the Bills' decision to part ways with him had more to do with the sizable contract extension they'd given him than it did with his ability. The Titans, meanwhile, are a pretty salty group, and Fitzpatrick has a chance to do so something with them. Tennessee is facing a tough stretch of the schedule, with games coming up against the Kansas City Chiefs and San Francisco 49ers, plus a road matchup with the Seattle Seahawks.
www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000254500/article/brian-hoyer-ryan-fitzpatrick-matt-cassel-topnotch-backup-qbs
therealdeal

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Ryan Fitzpatrick Reply with quote

derekfelty wrote:
I think this Titans team is the most talented squad Fitzpatrick has played with in his NFL career. He's a tough competitor who has a strong body for a quarterback; he also brings some mobility outside the pocket. The smart Harvard product will be paired with another intelligent guy in Titans offensive coordinator Dowell Loggains; between Loggains' game plan and Fitzpatrick's talent, Tennessee shouldn't really see a drop-off at quarterback while injured starter Jake Locker is out.

Fitzpatrick has been less than impressive when given chances to start before, but those opportunities came with inferior teams. Yes, he was cast aside in Buffalo, but I think the Bills' decision to part ways with him had more to do with the sizable contract extension they'd given him than it did with his ability. The Titans, meanwhile, are a pretty salty group, and Fitzpatrick has a chance to do so something with them. Tennessee is facing a tough stretch of the schedule, with games coming up against the Kansas City Chiefs and San Francisco 49ers, plus a road matchup with the Seattle Seahawks.
www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000254500/article/brian-hoyer-ryan-fitzpatrick-matt-cassel-topnotch-backup-qbs

Next time place that in quotes.....

regarding the article, I agree with it. I hope i'm not really being biased, but Im pretty optimistic about the whole Fitz playing right now
titanrick

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like Fitz a lot and thought back when he was available that he could become one of the best backup QBs in the league. Glad we signed him.

Having said that, he's got his work cut out for him the next three weeks. I will consider 1-2 a smashing success. Anything more is gravy.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titanrick wrote:
Like Fitz a lot and thought back when he was available that he could become one of the best backup QBs in the league. Glad we signed him.

Having said that, he's got his work cut out for him the next three weeks. I will consider 1-2 a smashing success. Anything more is gravy.

In total Agreement... I have no question about the defensive play..

It's going to be on the offense playing well.. Limiting turnovers.. And Britt stepping up
Titans fan 617

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

therealdeal wrote:
titanrick wrote:

It's going to be on the offense playing well.. Limiting turnovers.. And Britt stepping up

Im in agreement that im fine with Fitz hes more than capable on beating good teams the Titans wont let him throw it 40 times so hell be fine. I expect the defense to play good. Im not worried if Britt does or doesnt play I think were good enough for now without Britt but what a huge difference he can make if he jus shuts up focuses and plays football. No one here is asking him to be Calvin Johnson we jus want Britt to be Britt but im just not confident that hes ever gonna by in to winning an getting better

Sig by daboyle250

TITANIA FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPIONSHIPS

Shaun Phillips: 3 Tackles

Ropati Pitoitua: 5 Tackles 1 Assist 1 Sack
SpacemanSpiff

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The throw to Washington was pure luck. The Wright throw was nice. So outside of those two completions, what did Fitzpatrick really show us last week against the Jets?

I understand a lack of preparation, but correct me if I'm wrong: Isn't the backup's job to be prepared for the game in the event of an injury?

I'm not optimistic about this team's chances to win with this guy. Chad Pennington without the accuracy is not a good description you want for your backup.
TitanLegend

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpacemanSpiff wrote:
The throw to Washington was pure luck. The Wright throw was nice. So outside of those two completions, what did Fitzpatrick really show us last week against the Jets?

I understand a lack of preparation, but correct me if I'm wrong: Isn't the backup's job to be prepared for the game in the event of an injury?

I'm not optimistic about this team's chances to win with this guy. Chad Pennington without the accuracy is not a good description you want for your backup.

You can "prepare" all you want, it's not going to get you any familiarity with the 1s. Jake has had all the reps with the starters. It takes time to get on the same page as your receivers, I won't even be surprised if he's a bit off vs KC as well.

However, his career completion % is 59.4, and over the past 3 seasons/45 starts, his stats are:

914/1515 comp/att 60.3 comp% 10,232 yards 6.7 ypa 71 TDs 54 INTs and a 81.2 QB rating

That's not counting his stats vs the Jets

So as I've stated before, he's better than what Jake was in Jake's first two games this year. We can win with that level of production, and his production should actually be better considering the team around him is much better than the team around him in Buffalo.

#1CB Jason McCourty
2014 Stats - 1 Game/2 INTs/35.0 QB rating when thrown at
LT Michael Roos
2014 Stats - 1 Game/2 QB Hurries Allowed/7.0 YPC When ran behind
titansNvolsR#1

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpacemanSpiff wrote:

Weren't you throwing out some crazy ideas like Tebow and Freeman? Fitz is miles ahead of them.
-Munch-

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a brutal 3 game stretch for Fitzpatrick to come in and play. Chiefs/Seahawks/49ers are you kidding? He's a veteran so there's less of a basement for him, he'll be decent no matter what happens. But even if he doesn't do that well for us and we go 0-3 how much do you really expect from him?

20-32, 260 yards, 2 TD's 1 INT
TitanTuff

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpacemanSpiff wrote:
So outside of those two completions, what did Fitzpatrick really show us last week against the Jets?

How about no turn overs. Effective management of the clock in the last minutes of the game. Didn't get our receivers injured. Didn't have a VY-esque spaz-out when thrust into a game. That work for you or do you need more?

Or you can continue to criticize our quarterback.

Locker, Pollard, Chance, and now Fitzy. Sigh. Can't please everyone.

2014 Adopt-A-Titan 7 Zach Mettenberger
SpacemanSpiff

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanTuff wrote:
SpacemanSpiff wrote:
So outside of those two completions, what did Fitzpatrick really show us last week against the Jets?

How about no turn overs. Effective management of the clock in the last minutes of the game. Didn't get our receivers injured. Didn't have a VY-esque spaz-out when thrust into a game. That work for you or do you need more?

I love Pollard and Chance... I'm actually trying to get someone to make me a Bernard Pollard sig.
TitanLegend

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpacemanSpiff wrote:
TitanTuff wrote:
SpacemanSpiff wrote:

I love Pollard and Chance... I'm actually trying to get someone to make me a Bernard Pollard sig.

Well, it probably is time to stop thinking of Ben Troupe and Pacman as the future. Wink

#1CB Jason McCourty
2014 Stats - 1 Game/2 INTs/35.0 QB rating when thrown at
LT Michael Roos
2014 Stats - 1 Game/2 QB Hurries Allowed/7.0 YPC When ran behind
Dionysus

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no doubt that Fitz is more than capable to get the job done. I think people are debating and nitpicking over this way too hard. This is not a permanent situation. He's stepping in as our backup, not our long term solution for anything. And I honestly feel a lot better about him than I ever did with Hasselbeck (no disrespect to Matt-Hass). All of this business about his TD throw to Nate being pure luck or whatever, I really could care less. Hey, it wasn't perfect, but it got there well enough for Nate to go up and make a play on it and walk away with the 6 points. I'll take that any day. All I really need Fitz to do is keep the TDs coming and the INTs still stuck at 0, while adding another "W" on the schedule.

Thing about it, it's time for the rest of the team to step up and dominate in their areas. The OC needs to get on his game and get all of these weapons, that we paid good money for, in the mix. CJ, Greene and Walker both need to wake up and bring their "A" game Sunday. Reynaud won the returns job by default, but he need to pick up where he left off last season and play like he wants another contract. So far, he's been almost useless. And the defense needs to continue doing what they do, but do it harder.

therealdeal

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Titans fan 617 wrote:
therealdeal wrote:
titanrick wrote:

Im in agreement that im fine with Fitz hes more than capable on beating good teams the Titans wont let him throw it 40 times so hell be fine. I expect the defense to play good. Im not worried if Britt does or doesnt play I think were good enough for now without Britt but what a huge difference he can make if he jus shuts up focuses and plays football. No one here is asking him to be Calvin Johnson we jus want Britt to be Britt but im just not confident that hes ever gonna by in to winning an getting better

It was like 1 Tweet man lol
titans0021

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And since that tweet, this is what he has tweeted:

Quote:
@KennyBritt_18 19 Sep
Big thanks to everybody that show me love on my bday. Much love and for the haters my team still on top n we won't stop #O.N.E #TitanUp

Quote:
@KennyBritt_18 26 Sep
Ill be scared to kick a dog that has a bite of a lion ..

Quote:
@KennyBritt_18 29 Sep
Everyone plz take a moment to pray for jake locker and his family Yu did a great job out there today #Godbless #TitanUp

Quote:
@KennyBritt_18 5h
My ingredient to my success. I got away from it .. No more I'm back on
1:God
2:Football
3:Family
In that order

I get that he has failed on the field, but everybody needs to calm down a bit on making him seem like this horrible teammate.

2014 Adopt-a-Titans
1. Justin Hunter, WR - 3 receptions, 63 yards, 0 touchdowns
2. Brian Schwenke, C.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: