Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bridgewater or Clowney?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
marky_b27

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a hypothetical situation for you.

Lets say we pick 8th.

Bridgewater is still sitting there after the first 3 picks (lets say for example Clowney, Barr and Hundley go top 3).

The team picking 4th don't need a QB, but the team picking 5th does. If we could get the 4th overall pick for our 1st and 2nd (or our 1st, 3rd and 4th), would you do it?

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Marky > Foles
ninjapirate

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marky_b27 wrote:

Lets say we pick 8th.

Bridgewater is still sitting there after the first 3 picks (lets say for example Clowney, Barr and Hundley go top 3).

The team picking 4th don't need a QB, but the team picking 5th does. If we could get the 4th overall pick for our 1st and 2nd (or our 1st, 3rd and 4th), would you do it?

if he is your guy then no cost is high enough

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Small d = pastry
Phire

Location: #FSU #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #TrollyRangers #Danes #CAVALRY
PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marky_b27 wrote:

Lets say we pick 8th.

I would do either. That's pretty damn cheap compared to the RG3 and Julio Jones trades which were for #2 and #6 respectively.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Only for the quick and lucky.
marky_b27

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phire wrote:
marky_b27 wrote:

Lets say we pick 8th.

I would do either. That's pretty damn cheap compared to the RG3 and Julio Jones trades which were for #2 and #6 respectively.

Got to remember that the Jones trade was coming up from the mid 20s and the RGIII trade was a steal for St Louis.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Marky > Foles
marky_b27

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ninjapirate wrote:
marky_b27 wrote:

Lets say we pick 8th.

if he is your guy then no cost is high enough

I wouldn't say no cost is high enough. There would be a limit of how much you would give up, but even if we had to give up 1st, 2nd and 4th, I'd still do it.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Marky > Foles
Phire

Location: #FSU #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #TrollyRangers #Danes #CAVALRY
PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marky_b27 wrote:
Phire wrote:
marky_b27 wrote:

Lets say we pick 8th.

Got to remember that the Jones trade was coming up from the mid 20s and the RGIII trade was a steal for St Louis.

I'm trying to recall a more analogous trade but my brain is not operating very well today. I have a feeling teams would want a future selection, though.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Dr. Philly

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As long as it isn't Ricky Williams or Herschel Walker trade I'm good

simonwayne wrote:
LeBron has done for the NBA what Teen Mom has done for teenage pregnancies

#JDI
marky_b27

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phire wrote:
marky_b27 wrote:
Phire wrote:
marky_b27 wrote:

Lets say we pick 8th.

I'm trying to recall a more analogous trade but my brain is not operating very well today. I have a feeling teams would want a future selection, though.

In 2012, Jacksonville went from 7 to 5 and gave up a 4th round pick. Dallas also went from 14 to 6 with a 2nd round pick.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Marky > Foles
BBIB

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be absolutely absurd for the Eagles to give up draft picks (which they clearly need) to draft a QB.

Have you all been watching the 1st quarter of the season?

Vick has not played at an A+++ level but he's also not at an F either

Your defense is on pace to be HISTORICALLY bad. Your entire draft and free agency should be focused on defense.

Maybe you focus on re-signing Jeremy Maclin or getting his replacement if you can't come to terms, but that's about it.
BBIB

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ninjapirate wrote:

We might have already won more games than jags will.

The way Cleveland has shown a pulse since the Trent Richardson trade, that is completely possible. I don't see a win on their schedule. I mean they could still beat Derrick Anderson and the Browns, but they won't be favored in that game either.
babyatemydingo

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BBIB wrote:
It would be absolutely absurd for the Eagles to give up draft picks (which they clearly need) to draft a QB.

Your defense is on pace to be HISTORICALLY bad. Your entire draft and free agency should be focused on defense.

Maybe you focus on re-signing Jeremy Maclin or getting his replacement if you can't come to terms, but that's about it.

But, how many more years does Vick have left in him?
And when will the Eagles sniff a pick this high again?

If they trade up for a QB in 2014 that gives them time to build around him.
So, the rebuilding isn't complete after two drafts. Big deal.
Phire

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BBIB wrote:

It's all about the future man. I've actually liked Vick this year and I've been harsh on him. But the reality is he's on the wrong side of time.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
BBIB

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

babyatemydingo wrote:

But, how many more years does Vick have left in him?
And when will the Eagles sniff a pick this high again?

If they trade up for a QB in 2014 that gives them time to build around him.
So, the rebuilding isn't complete after two drafts. Big deal.

Phire wrote:

It's all about the future man. I've actually liked Vick this year and I've been harsh on him. But the reality is he's on the wrong side of time.

No doubt that Vick isn't the answer 5+ years from now. I think it depends on how the season plays out. That will determine your draft status and who is available at QB. If no absolute stud is available, then if Chip Kelly's system is as legit as it has shown it can be, you will be able to afford to wait another year to draft a QB.

Let's say Vick has 2 years left after this one. I personally think he could have 4 more, but for sake of argument let's just at least say he could have 2 more after this one. He would be 35, and even at 35 you figure Vick if he takes care of his body like to his credit he has been doing for the most part the first 1/4 of the season, he could still be as athletic as most QBs at 25. Well it's by then if you don't spend a high pick on QB, and you focus on defense in draft and FA, the pieces could be in place for a young QB to step in and take over on a legitimate contender.

And all that could take place while the Eagles take even a shot at contending over the next 1-2 years with improved defenses before the young QB of the future takes over
eaglesfan10

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dude everyone here is done with Vick. We're sick and tired of saying "we'll see how he does the rest of the year" etc. We want a young high pick at QB.
Meco

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vick is not even playing well this season, he only looks decent because of Chip's system. He's still holding the ball too long, he's taking too many sacks and he's still making dumb throws that luckily for us haven't been picked off. He's not throwing the ball against man coverage unless it's to DeSean.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 12 of 14

Jump to: