Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bridgewater or Clowney?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JayAp07

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marky_b27 wrote:
AZ_Eaglesfan wrote:
marky_b27 wrote:
I'd most likely take Evans.

I wouldn't want to pick a receiver (since its more of a luxury pick), but he's BPA

Evans from A&M? Is he even draft eligible this year? And you take him over Watkins and Lee?

Yes and Yes and Yes.

He'd give us something different to what we've got already. Plus he has high upside - he could be that dominant #1 receiver we haven't had since TO.

I haven't seen a lot of Evans except those Alabama highlights Shocked. I keep seeing people comparing him to Vincent Jackson. Is that fair and accurate?

2013 Philadelphia Eagles NFC East Champs
marky_b27

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JayAp07 wrote:
marky_b27 wrote:
AZ_Eaglesfan wrote:
marky_b27 wrote:

I wouldn't want to pick a receiver (since its more of a luxury pick), but he's BPA

Evans from A&M? Is he even draft eligible this year? And you take him over Watkins and Lee?

Yes and Yes and Yes.

He'd give us something different to what we've got already. Plus he has high upside - he could be that dominant #1 receiver we haven't had since TO.

I haven't seen a lot of Evans except those Alabama highlights Shocked. I keep seeing people comparing him to Vincent Jackson. Is that fair and accurate?

I've heard Jackson, I've heard Brandon Marshall.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Marky > Foles
ninjapirate

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marky_b27 wrote:
JayAp07 wrote:
marky_b27 wrote:
AZ_Eaglesfan wrote:
marky_b27 wrote:

Yes and Yes and Yes.

I've heard Jackson, I've heard Brandon Marshall.

I thought people are saying evans is really slow. That makes him very unattractive as a prospect.

Thanks Kilty
RainbowCarebear wrote:
Al Davis is died
RandyMossIsBoss

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JayAp07 wrote:
marky_b27 wrote:
AZ_Eaglesfan wrote:
marky_b27 wrote:

Yes and Yes and Yes.

Yes. Nearly identical size, and very similar play style. Both are great at using every inch of their 6'5 frames, and really know how to use their body to get in position for tough catches, which is only complimented by their great hands. Jackson is probably a bit faster but Evans is definitely a bit quicker.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RandyMossIsBoss wrote:
JayAp07 wrote:
marky_b27 wrote:
AZ_Eaglesfan wrote:
marky_b27 wrote:

Yes and Yes and Yes.

Yes. Nearly identical size, and very similar play style. Both are great at using every inch of their 6'5 frames, and really know how to use their body to get in position for tough catches, which is only complimented by their great hands. Jackson is probably a bit faster but Evans is definitely a bit quicker.

Evans is quicker? I am watching some highlights right now and I don't think evans ever gets open in the nfl, Guy seems stiff. Just a big body.

Thanks Kilty
RainbowCarebear wrote:
Al Davis is died
RandyMossIsBoss

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ninjapirate wrote:
RandyMossIsBoss wrote:
JayAp07 wrote:
marky_b27 wrote:
AZ_Eaglesfan wrote:
marky_b27 wrote:

Yes and Yes and Yes.

Evans is quicker? I am watching some highlights right now and I don't think evans ever gets open in the nfl, Guy seems stiff. Just a big body.

Not saying he's quick, but I definitely think he is quicker than VJax, although maybe not enough to make a real difference. But yeah VJax is one of the stiffest top WRs there are and it's shocking how little separation he gets, he's able to overcome that though with great hands, ability to track the football and using his body to get in position to make catches.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RandyMossIsBoss wrote:
ninjapirate wrote:
RandyMossIsBoss wrote:
JayAp07 wrote:
marky_b27 wrote:
AZ_Eaglesfan wrote:
marky_b27 wrote:

Yes and Yes and Yes.

Not saying he's quick, but I definitely think he is quicker than VJax, although maybe not enough to make a real difference. But yeah VJax is one of the stiffest top WRs there are and it's shocking how little separation he gets, he's able to overcome that though with great hands, ability to track the football and using his body to get in position to make catches.

Still i don't think he would be a good fit for our offense. I would rather someone big with great YAC skills. Someone that can take a wide receiver screen and maybe do something with it.

Thanks Kilty
RainbowCarebear wrote:
Al Davis is died
bwestEagles

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ninjapirate wrote:
RandyMossIsBoss wrote:
ninjapirate wrote:
RandyMossIsBoss wrote:
JayAp07 wrote:
marky_b27 wrote:
AZ_Eaglesfan wrote:
marky_b27 wrote:

Yes and Yes and Yes.

Still i don't think he would be a good fit for our offense. I would rather someone big with great YAC skills. Someone that can take a wide receiver screen and maybe do something with it.

I like Evans and think he will be a good pro, just needs to learn some route running skills to create more separation. Watkins would be the best option for our offense, he is the most dangerous WR on the short screens and bubble routes in CFB. It's not like he's small either, he has 3-4 inches on DeSean and is almost as fast.

Chips-Ahoy
2013 Bird Watch Brent Celek
Rec: 32 Yards: 502 tds : 6 men trucked: only god knows
Hammertime52

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At the Temple-Louisville game in Philly the crowd was chanting "overrated" when Teddy went 3 and out. While the score is 24-0 Laughing

Nick Foles supporter since 2012
RainbowCarebear

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hammertime52 wrote:
At the Temple-Louisville game in Philly the crowd was chanting "overrated" when Teddy went 3 and out. While the score is 24-0 Laughing

Have to take consolation in the small victories.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love Mike Evans, that Yac though.

simonwayne wrote:
LeBron has done for the NBA what Teen Mom has done for teenage pregnancies

#JDI
marky_b27

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hammertime52 wrote:

Good ole Philly fans.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Marky > Foles
BBIB

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hammertime52 wrote:

That's hilarious. Well those Philly fans don't have to worry about rooting for the guy, because there is pretty much no chance the Eagles are worse than the Jaguars this year.

Even if you started Matt Barkley the rest of the year the Eagles would win more games than the Jaguars.
ninjapirate

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BBIB wrote:
Hammertime52 wrote:

That's hilarious. Well those Philly fans don't have to worry about rooting for the guy, because there is pretty much no chance the Eagles are worse than the Jaguars this year.

Even if you started Matt Barkley the rest of the year the Eagles would win more games than the Jaguars.

We might have already won more games than jags will.

Thanks Kilty
RainbowCarebear wrote:
Al Davis is died
Phire

Location: #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #Merica #TrollyRangers #Danes #BirdGang
PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Jags are so bad they'll fail to select a player with their pick, even though they'd have had months to prepare for it.

theuntouchable wrote:
Think about this phire. I am the real chow.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Only for the quick and lucky.

Danish proverb 3:69

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 11 of 14

Jump to: