You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bridgewater or Clowney?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 12, 13, 14  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eagles_808

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is Teddy Two Gloves even going to be the best QB prospect in the 2014 Draft? I honestly think he could get a run for his money by a few other players.

But for the sake of discussion, I'm with everyone else who thinks a potential franchise QB trumps a top flight defensive player, even in the case of a Clowney (who doesn't come around every year).
Phire

Location: #FSU #2012 Eagles HoF #2012 Gold Standard #YAKtoseIntolerant #TrollyRangers #Danes #CAVALRY #DERWIN
PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah for me, I'm saying Teddy>Clowney but that's taking for granted that Teddy is actually anywhere close to the hype he gets around here. I don't follow college football very much and I'm not sure if he's actually that good... or he's just a lover-boy of the forum because I don't hear his name anywhere outside of this forum Laughing

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't really care about the player vs player. It's more about the position and QB is by far the most important, look what RG3 did for Redskins last year.

Kiltman on the sig
Hockey5djh

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eagles_808 wrote:
Is Teddy Two Gloves even going to be the best QB prospect in the 2014 Draft? I honestly think he could get a run for his money by a few other players.

This is the point I'm trying to make. This QB class is supposedly stacked, what if we took Clowney and traded or second and the following years first and got Mariota/Boyd?

^^Kilty on the sig

ninja wrote:
This is the eagles we are talking about here. This will all blow up in our faces not work.

Source: experience.
eaglesfan10

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah we would have to get the Franchise QB in this situation.

Since it's doubtful we will even be in this situation, wouldn't a better question be should we draft offensively or defensively in the 1st round?
Eagles_808

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hockey5djh wrote:
This is the point I'm trying to make. This QB class is supposedly stacked, what if we took Clowney and traded or second and the following years first and got Mariota/Boyd?
If that's a scenario that could be on the table come draft day, I would seriously consider taking Clowney and trading back to get a QB in the mid to late 1st, sure.
baconrad3

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thing is, we can't just take Clowney and then assume we'll be able to trade up high enough to draft the guy that we like.

A lot of teams are gonna need QBs...

TB, Jax, Minny, AZ maybe, Cleveland...could be forgetting someone else too.

I like Bortles a lot..and he could likely be had late 1st/early 2nd...but Teddy is a Luck-esque prospect.

Not quite as good as Luck, but close enough.

I've watched a LOT of him. And the hype is warranted. Trust me, Phire. He's the real deal.

Teddy, Boyd, and Hundley are the top 3 in this class (assuming Hundley comes out). After that, it's tough to say. I don't like Mariotta. I don't think he's gonna be that great. Hate Manziel. I like Bortles and Carr, and I need to watch more of Morris.

Would I rather have Bridgewater and someone like Van Noy, Hubbard, or Za'Tarius Smith....or Get Clowney and then Bortles/Carr?

Option A.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hockey5djh wrote:
Eagles_808 wrote:

I would rather get the top QB of the class.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eaglesfan10 wrote:

Since it's doubtful we will even be in this situation, wouldn't a better question be should we draft offensively or defensively in the 1st round?

Defense....no thought about it.

Louis Nix III is our guy.

Eagles Forum Hall of Famer | 2013 Gold Standard Baldy | 2015 Steegles Baldy | The Reigning ENBD Champion
baconrad3

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kiltman wrote:
eaglesfan10 wrote:

What if we're picking top 6 and Hundley or Boyd are there?

I'd take either of them in a heartbeat

Location: #FSU #2012 Eagles HoF #2012 Gold Standard #YAKtoseIntolerant #TrollyRangers #Danes #CAVALRY #DERWIN
PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We need a QB in the draft then rest defense.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kiltman wrote:
eaglesfan10 wrote:

I just hate using a early first round pick on NT. Give me an impact position over a NT.
Kiltman

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZ_Eaglesfan wrote:
Kiltman wrote:
eaglesfan10 wrote:

I just hate using a early first round pick on NT. Give me an impact position over a NT.

NT is the most important position in the 3-4.....if that's what they want to run we need an impact one. Nix is that, he's Wilfork, he's Hampton.

A great NT will make everyone around him better....especially the MLBs.

Eagles Forum Hall of Famer | 2013 Gold Standard Baldy | 2015 Steegles Baldy | The Reigning ENBD Champion
JayAp07

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marky_b27 wrote:
Bridgewater

Franchise QB >>>>>> everything else.

This is my thinking, but honestly I don't know a whole lot about Teddy. But Clowney is hyped up to be a once in a generation type player, which certainly makes the discussion interesting.

RandyMossIsBoss

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Either one would cause me to lose yet another pair of jorts, but I think I give the slight edge to Clowney. I think he truly is a once in a generation defensive prospect and I view him as a more of a sure thing than Bridgewater. IT really is close though, I have no problem with those who'd rather take Bridgewater as an elite QB >>> an elite passrusher. I'm 90% certain Clowney will be an elite pass rusher, while I'm only around 25% sure Bridgewater will be an elite QB (keep in mind when I say elite I'm talking Rodgers/Brees/Peyton/Brady, not Rivers/Ben/Romo/Eli who are very good, and I'd say I'm 70% sure Bridgewater will be a very good QB.)

At the end of the day either would be amazing picks, although I don't think we'll even get a top 5 pick, which I'm happy about. Sure some 6-10 season that only nets us a #8 pick feels like a waste, but establishing a winning culture and what it can do for your team in the long run is very underrated by pro-tankers.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 2 of 14

Jump to: