Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Rams4eva92 2014 Mock Draft!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rams4eva92

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:42 pm    Post subject: Rams4eva92 2014 Mock Draft!! Reply with quote

Hey guys here is my first mock draft of the year. I got hyped by the 2014 NFL draft thread so I decided to make a mock draft. I have been watching a lot of college football and here is a seven round mock draft. I think the Rams and Redskins turn it around. Redskins give us pick 11 and we get pick 14.

Round one pick 11- Mike Evans WR Texas A&M
Mike Evans is our answer. He is the most impressive player I have seen all year. He is a physical freak and will be our number one. Evans will be our go to guy in the Redzone and be a great possession reciever. Givens is our speedy deep threat. Austin is our slot reciver. Great pick up that completes our WR corp. Bye bye Quick and Pettis.

Round one pick 14- Ha'sean Clinton Dix FS Alabama
Clinton Dix is an elite ball hawking safety that we have not had in a long time. We desperately need a guy like this to allow our corners to do our job. I was quietly impressed with Mcdonald this year. I feel Mcdonald is more suited at SS. Haha can be our guy in the back ball hawking like a boss. This pick will tremendously help our corners. Stop pressing after this.

Round two- Cyril Richardson OG Baylor
If Richardson is available it is a no brainer. He is a great mauler and pass blocker. He excels at pretty much everything and will be a great upgrade to help our running game.

Round three- James Hurst OT UNC
I feel that Saffold is leaving after this year. Hurst is was very impressive against Clowney and Hurst can take over RT and later take on LT once Long leaves. Good pickup.

Round four- Logan Thomas QB Virgina Tech
I have always been a fan of Thomas. He can develop under Bradford and if Bradford loses it then we have a great dual threat quaterback that is big and can take a hit.

Round five- E.J. Gaines CB Mizzou
E.J. is one of the most underrated corners I have ever seen. He is a true lockdown corner that gets no respect. He will be a steal this year. I watch every Mizzou game he is impressive.

Round six- David Fluellen RB Toledo
Love this RB can catch and run. He is the Tolded offense and he did very well against Florid and Mizzou. Great back.

Round seven- Kerry Hyder DT Texas Tech
Kerry is a great underrated defensive tackle. He gets great penetration. If he could add a little bit more size he will be a great prospect. He would fit nicely next to run stuffer Brockers.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the first two rounds, but realistically there is like a 2% chance (if that) that Hurst drops to the 3rd round. Personally I have him as a late 1st/early 2nd guy. I would stay away from Thomas completely in any round, especially if you're under the impression that he'll improve as a backup. If we go QB it has to be early. I don't know much about the last 3 guys, but I think we need to avoid RB completely this year.

Jaboo2Rams

I am the Cinnabon of posters.
NVRamsFan

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't like Logan Thomas and not sure why we'd spend another late pick on an RB at this point. Draft high on talent or run with what we have. Also I understand the value in the first I'm just hoping we address the OL more.
DEE RAWL

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Id hardly call Evans a "freak", but its ok we all have our man crush.

1. Marcus Mariota
2. Jameis Winston
3. Brett Hundley
iRaMs

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEE RAWL wrote:
Id hardly call Evans a "freak", but its ok we all have our man crush.

If we take a receiver. I want Brandon Coleman, dude is going yo be a beast at the next level.

StLunatic88

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike Evans is being extremely over hyped off of like 4 catches he has made that everyone saw. On plays that could never happen in the NFL, atleast not that you could expect to happen. He is not nearly as good of an actual Receiver as he is a big bodied athlete.

Dix is a good player, but the way things are shaking out, we very well might be too high for him with both picks. As in there will be too much other talent to pass on at that point (but in a trade down scenario it would make sense)

Im still not sure about Richardson, not that he isnt a good Guard, but I wish we would make up our minds on what type of OL we want. Some times it seems we want a big mauling line, and other it looks like we would rather have a pass blocking one who would be better off running a ZBS. We need an offensive Identity, and it should start with the OL.

There is a very small chance Hust is in the 3rd round, even the early 3rd. He has the LT potential to be going in the back half of the 1st round, and if he is in the 2nd plenty of teams need Tackles that he is likely gone.

And after the past 2 seasons, Logan Thomas is near undraftable.
kgarrett12486

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are already scouts out there that think Mike Evans is going to be better suited at the next level as a Move/Flex TE player (i.e. Jared Cook/Aaron Hernandez type). We already have that guy under contract...

Wouldn't mind any of the other picks (outside of Logan Thomas, I like the idea of a QB, but not him) at all though, especially love the Gaines one. Dude is underrated on the national level...

IDOG_det on the sig...
Rams4eva92

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kgarrett12486 wrote:
There are already scouts out there that think Mike Evans is going to be better suited at the next level as a Move/Flex TE player (i.e. Jared Cook/Aaron Hernandez type). We already have that guy under contract...

Wouldn't mind any of the other picks (outside of Logan Thomas, I like the idea of a QB, but not him) at all though, especially love the Gaines one. Dude is underrated on the national level...

Yeah I hope we get Gaines I think he has second round talent. I don't understand why he isn't hyped up on the media. He shuts down recievers and never gets thrown at and he already has like 3 picks this year.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: