Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

McKinnie To be Traded?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
coordinator0

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:03 pm    Post subject: McKinnie To be Traded? Reply with quote

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/ravens-insider/bal-ravens-expected-to-explore-trading-bryant-mckinnie-sources-say-20131002,0,7044280.story

Quote:
Another option the Ravens are expected to explore is attempting to trade left offensive tackle Bryant McKinnie now that they're in the process of finalizing their trade for his replacement, Eugene Monroe, from the Jacksonville Jaguars, according to league sources.

McKinnie, 34, participated in the Ravens' walkthrough practice today, but his status remains unresolved.

Whether the Ravens will be successful at trading McKinnie remains to be seen with a fluid market for offensive tackles following the Monroe trade. If they're unable to move McKinnie, they could just have him back up Monroe.

Is it bad that I'd be almost as happy if this happens as I was when I heard the Monroe news? If they can even get just a 7th round pick for him I'd be ecstatic because a.) he's a terrible player that's not worth anything and b.) he'd be off the team. After the Cardinals traded Brown to the Steelers (lol Steelers) I'd think they might be a potential trading partner.
RavensTillIDie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Imagine if we could somehow, miraculously trade McKinnie to a team desperately in need of a tackle for a 5th round pick? We'd of essentially gotten Monroe for a 4th. Laughing

Doubt it happens though. Crying or Very sad

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We aren't getting anything for him. 34 year old LT who isn't playing well, has weight issues, and everyone knows we have no intention of keeping. There's no trade value.

Free Ray Rice
Flaccomania

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wonder if we could get something conditional like:

If McKinnie starts 10+ games for the new team, we swap 7ths only if the Ravens pick is later than the new teams' pick. Otherwise, they essentially get him for free.

I think the effort of just getting his salary taken off our hands would be worth giving him away for free.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah cutting McKinnie wouldn't save any cap space this year since it's guaranteed for all vested veterans now but trading him should get his remaining salary off the Raven's books.
Mancunian Raven

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trade him for a 7th round pick, and I'd take it. Hell, trade him for a bag of peanuts and a diet pepsi, and I'd take it.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd trade him for a Qdoba burrito, and that's the max I'd offer.

Other than that, like DTMB said, there's no market for him.

BlaqOptic wrote:
I'd say he's [Dennis Pitta] the fourth best TE in the division... Cameron > Miller > Gresham > Eiffert = Pitta
wackywabbit

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are we allowed to give away picks to a team to take a player? In this case I'd do it.

Give away a 6th and to get it by league scrutiny, we get a conditional 5th in return. The "condition" being something like McKinnie has 1000 receiving yards Laughing.
coordinator0

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DontTazeMeBro wrote:
We aren't getting anything for him. 34 year old LT who isn't playing well, has weight issues, and everyone knows we have no intention of keeping. There's no trade value.

The Ravens don't actually have anything to gain by cutting him outright. They probably have no intention of keeping him past this year but if another team wants McKinnie (HAHAHA) then I could see them giving up something like a conditional 6th or 7th round pick. Arizona will be starting Bradley Sowell at LT now if Massie doesn't flip sides. They have to have some motivation to upgrade over him to keep Palmer clean. Pray
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:
DontTazeMeBro wrote:

The Ravens don't actually have anything to gain by cutting him outright. They probably have no intention of keeping him past this year but if another team wants McKinnie (HAHAHA) then I could see them giving up something like a conditional 6th or 7th round pick. Arizona will be starting Bradley Sowell at LT now if Massie doesn't flip sides. They have to have some motivation to upgrade over him to keep Palmer clean. Pray

Maybe they'll give us a 4th for him Wink

BlaqOptic wrote:
I'd say he's [Dennis Pitta] the fourth best TE in the division... Cameron > Miller > Gresham > Eiffert = Pitta
Integrity

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't imagine any team in the NFL wanting McKinnie. We should explore the idea of trading him to the CFL. Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Integrity wrote:
I can't imagine any team in the NFL wanting McKinnie. We should explore the idea of trading him to the CFL. Very Happy

McKinnie for Mike Williams straight up!

BlaqOptic wrote:
sp6488

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Integrity wrote:

Mike Williams the tackle or Mike Williams the WR?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sp6488 wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Integrity wrote:

Does it matter? Wink

BlaqOptic wrote:
Flaccomania

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
sp6488 wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Integrity wrote:

Does it matter? Wink

I'll take Mike Williams the concession stand employee for McKinnie.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: