Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Official 2014 Draft Discussion Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 164, 165, 166  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BamaRam

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I definitely think some of our Pass D woes are rooted somewhat in scheming. I don't know how much freedom our corners are given in their pre-snap alignments, but Jenkins consistently backs up 10+ yards off the line. He has the athleticism to stick to receivers but he always allows short receptions and isn't as good of a tackler as Tru.

I think better safety play will help on extended plays. We saw it a lot against the 49ers when we would win the first phase, force Kaep to move down his reads, and then there would be Boldin wide open because none of our safeties were keeping track of him once Kaep left the pocket.

But I think another corner could do wonders for our flexibility and scheme. Last season we had Jenkins, Tru, and Finnegan playing at above-average levels. Finnegan was garbage this year, Jenkins & Tru are still growing, we need that third corner.

I'm really warming up to Dennard in a trade-down scenario or if our pick ends up being later. The kid has an attitude, but just abuses WR's in coverage and still has the awareness to make plays on the ball.

Purifoy is intriguing because of his size and athleticism. But his technique needs refining and he really needs to show more intelligence at the position. He has as much upside as anyone, but I could also see him getting abused for consistently taking bad angles and stumbling into his back-pedal.
DEE RAWL

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with you there, Purifoy has elite size and speed for a corner, but isnt a shut down corner. He will make some big plays and allow some big plays. Dennard is more of a stick to the man like glue which we do not have. I think its very possible he could go late 1st, and if he is available in the 2nd he has to be considered.

And I think TJ even with the injury has played better than expected. Like someone has mentioned, both he and Tree are rookies out there so mistakes are expected, but they are also making some nice plays that show promise.

The theme of this defense seems to be, fast athletic playmakers. Its not a veteran 3-4 stuff everything defense play solid shut down. Its as I said, gamble make plays or give up a play kind of scheme/mentality (or so it seems). Therefore I would expect them to draft accordingly to that theme.

Examples

Hageman > Nix
Purifoy > Dennard

Etc.
DEE RAWL

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Alabama senior CB John Fulton posted on social media that junior SS Ha Ha Clinton-Dix underwent surgery to repair a torn meniscus.
It is unclear how long Clinton-Dix has dealt with the injury, but according to Fulton he did play through it. "Salute to my lil brudda (Clinton-Dix). My young bull pushed through the pain and played wit a torn meniscus for the squad. I'm prayin that your surgery went well and that you have a speedy recovery," the post read. The healing process usually takes a few weeks, at least, depending on the severity. We expect Clinton-Dix to declare for the NFL draft following Alabama's bowl game.

Per Rotoworld
holt_bruce81

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zach Mettenberger tore his ACL according to ESPN. I normally hate the posts "omg he got injured blah blah blah we can now get him in the late rounds as a steal" But yes....I want him.
jrry32

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

holt_bruce81 wrote:
Zach Mettenberger tore his ACL according to ESPN. I normally hate the posts "omg he got injured blah blah blah we can now get him in the late rounds as a steal" But yes....I want him.

No thank you.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
FRO

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What are your thoughts on Bradley Roby? I like the fact that he can match up well inside and has plus tools. I think he would be good late first or somewhere in the second. What are your thoughts on him?
DEE RAWL

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FRO wrote:
What are your thoughts on Bradley Roby? I like the fact that he can match up well inside and has plus tools. I think he would be good late first or somewhere in the second. What are your thoughts on him?

No way jose, I said he was incredibly overrated at the start of the season when he was rated as the top corner and now he is where he belongs. He plays exactly like Finnegan, he will more than likely be a late 2nd-early 3rd type guy I think.
kgarrett12486

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone else heard of CB Pierre Desir? He's goes to school at Lindenwood (small school 10 minutes from my house, my sister is a cheerleader there) and I've seen him play a couple times...

He's got the size and instincts to play in the NFL...

I could see him being one of those late round/UDFA's that are local area kids that Snead likes to bring in...

IDOG_det on the sig...
holt_bruce81

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kgarrett12486 wrote:
Anyone else heard of CB Pierre Desir? He's goes to school at Lindenwood (small school 10 minutes from my house, my sister is a cheerleader there) and I've seen him play a couple times...

I could see him being one of those late round/UDFA's that are local area kids that Snead likes to bring in...

I've heard of him, haven't seen him play though.
iRaMs

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kgarrett12486 wrote:

From what I have seen of him he definitely has the physical tools.

jrry32

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kgarrett12486 wrote:

He's going to the Senior Bowl. Think he's considered a mid rounder right now.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
titan52490

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
kgarrett12486 wrote:
Anyone else heard of CB Pierre Desir?

He's going to the Senior Bowl. Think he's considered a mid rounder right now.

I think its the Shrine Bowl.
holt_bruce81

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we consider Clowney, why wouldn't we consider Barr? Can he not play in a 4-3?
FRO

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's your guys take on Cyrus Kouandjio? Looks like he has plus tools and needs some polish.
catcheryea

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

holt_bruce81 wrote:
If we consider Clowney, why wouldn't we consider Barr? Can he not play in a 4-3?

You can keep Barr.

Jaboo2Rams

I am the Cinnabon of posters.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 164, 165, 166  Next
Page 27 of 166

Jump to: