Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Official 2014 Draft Discussion Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 164, 165, 166  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
holt_bruce81

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easley is one of my favorite prospects this year. Would love to snag him on day 2.
StLunatic88

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
The J.R.S. wrote:
StLunatic88 wrote:
Sometimes I wonder what you all Realistically expect from Janoris? Especially when he is lined up against the Leagues Top WRs game in and Game out

To excel? Is that asking too much for a player of his talent?

It's not. He can and should play better than he is. The scheme does him no favors but Janoris does himself no favors. His tackling is pitiful. I hope he figures it all out.

That INT, though, was amazing.
He is a gambler, and that what he will always be, to ask him to be anything other than that would be a waste of his talent.

Yea his Tackling needs to be better, but his coverage has been good in this defensive scheme, and thats all I can really ask for from him.

he isnt a Lock Down guy, he is a very good cover corner that makes his bones with big plays. It seems like most of you are expecting him to be Joe Haden out there, hes not.
holt_bruce81

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want EJ Gaines....That is all.
Rams4eva92

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

holt_bruce81 wrote:
I want EJ Gaines....That is all.

MIZ-ZOU. Yeah EJ Gaines shutdown Mike Evans. He messed him up so much Evans could not even run routes last night.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEE RAWL wrote:
RamsFlash16 wrote:
Im on board with Britt as well. Its a low risk with big potential if he can get back to the Britt of 2010-2011 (when he got hurt). Hes only 25 so definately worth the flier on a 1 year prove it deal. But I am still going to stick to my Sammy Watkins love for this draft Laughing .

I maybe in the minority, but I would prefer Evans or Lee over Watkins. I have nothing against him at all, just personal preference before you all ask.

Side note: got to watch more tape of Scherff, his pass pro is somewhat of a liability, but his run blocking is ridiculous. If he isnt driving his man 5-10 yards downfield, its because they are in the dirt.

I like Lee as a football player (hate em as a UCLA fan lol) but im not big on Evans. He looks too slow. He reminds me of Brian Finneran... I just dont think he will get much seperation in the NFL.
DEE RAWL

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RamsFlash16 wrote:
DEE RAWL wrote:
RamsFlash16 wrote:
Im on board with Britt as well. Its a low risk with big potential if he can get back to the Britt of 2010-2011 (when he got hurt). Hes only 25 so definately worth the flier on a 1 year prove it deal. But I am still going to stick to my Sammy Watkins love for this draft Laughing .

I maybe in the minority, but I would prefer Evans or Lee over Watkins. I have nothing against him at all, just personal preference before you all ask.

Side note: got to watch more tape of Scherff, his pass pro is somewhat of a liability, but his run blocking is ridiculous. If he isnt driving his man 5-10 yards downfield, its because they are in the dirt.

I like Lee as a football player (hate em as a UCLA fan lol) but im not big on Evans. He looks too slow. He reminds me of Brian Finneran... I just dont think he will get much seperation in the NFL.

I think Jrry made the perfect comparrison-- a taller version of Boldin. Not a speedster, but just savvy and even when hes covered, hes open.

1. Amari Cooper
2. Brandon Scherff
3. Todd Gurley
RamForLife81-39

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Allen Robinson! Exclamation

Edit- how about Stedman??? I think he's going to be special. I just wish he got more chances

Tavon Austin
39 catches-- 409 yards---4TD
8carries----- 95yards-----1TD
32PR---------279yards----1TD
14KR---------303yards
1,086 All Purpose Yards 6 TD
Boboso20

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEE RAWL wrote:
RamsFlash16 wrote:
DEE RAWL wrote:
RamsFlash16 wrote:

I think Jrry made the perfect comparrison-- a taller version of Boldin. Not a speedster, but just savvy and even when hes covered, hes open.

I would rather have Jordan Matthews from Vandy In the 2nd if we get any WR (I don't think we do) and get HaHa and a tackle in the 1st.
DEE RAWL

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RamForLife81-39 wrote:
Allen Robinson! Exclamation

Edit- how about Stedman??? I think he's going to be special. I just wish he got more chances

Honestly Im torn on our WR situation, right when you think we can live with what we have, we have a day like today when everyone gets butterfingers (with Clemons to blame as well).

Either way I believe the logical thing to do is see what we have with what we have for another year and upgrade areas of true need.

I do like Robinson though

1. Amari Cooper
2. Brandon Scherff
3. Todd Gurley
Rams4eva92

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we need to sign a free agent like Jeremy Maclin. He should come cheap and he is a sure handed, good route running reciever. Bring him home.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright so Im trying to figure out a solution by kind of talking out loud about the issues in pass defense. At times its difficult to see what the scheme is because of the camera angle focuses in on the front, but there are just absolutely heartbreaking breakdowns im coverage on the backend. I know there is an upgrade needed at FS next to TJ, but what else might be missing? I didnt think corner was a big need with JJ and Tru seemingly being the guys which at times play outstanding and at times get beat. Although that comes with the territory as a corner, even the best like Joe Haden today get beat for big plays.

Thoughts? Players?

A name that comes to mind for corner is Purifoy out of Florida who has recently declared and his stock isnt as high as expected currently a day 2 prospect with elite size and speed could be nice value.

1. Amari Cooper
2. Brandon Scherff
3. Todd Gurley
The J.R.S.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEE RAWL wrote:
Alright so Im trying to figure out a solution by kind of talking out loud about the issues in pass defense. At times its difficult to see what the scheme is because of the camera angle focuses in on the front, but there are just absolutely heartbreaking breakdowns im coverage on the backend. I know there is an upgrade needed at FS next to TJ, but what else might be missing? I didnt think corner was a big need with JJ and Tru seemingly being the guys which at times play outstanding and at times get beat. Although that comes with the territory as a corner, even the best like Joe Haden today get beat for big plays.

Thoughts? Players?

A name that comes to mind for corner is Purifoy out of Florida who has recently declared and his stock isnt as high as expected currently a day 2 prospect with elite size and speed could be nice value.

I guess my thought is this: Why is everyone sold on T.J. Macdonald?

We haven't seen enough of him, and what we have seen hasn't been stellar.

Real sports fans do not condone ESPN.
Boboso20

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The J.R.S. wrote:
DEE RAWL wrote:

Thoughts? Players?

I guess my thought is this: Why is everyone sold on T.J. Macdonald?

We haven't seen enough of him, and what we have seen hasn't been stellar.

I like TJ he's played pretty good and can bring the wood. He made a nice play on Vernon Davis yesterday and swatted a ball down. Like all rookies he makes mistakes but like Ogletree the more they play the better they will get plus fisher loves him. I do think the secondary will suffer a lil since finnegan is on IR especially against the best teams like Niners, Seahawks and saints remaining on our schedule on his veteran presence alone.
stl_rams_fan

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

although I think Jenkins is a great player and I think Tru J is a pretty good coverage guy, it just seems there it always someone open. I know we need real safety back there, and Cortland and McDonald have been hurt. But I really think we should take a talented CB in round 2. I think we should trade down, gain a 2nd and take a guy like Darqueze Dannard from Michigan State. Hes very talented, and although we may have 2 suitable starters, what happens when one of them gets hurt? At worst we would have trade value in one of the 3.

Do you really want Brandon McGee in there?? Ive seen enough of him
The J.R.S.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stl_rams_fan wrote:
although I think Jenkins is a great player and I think Tru J is a pretty good coverage guy, it just seems there it always someone open. I know we need real safety back there, and Cortland and McDonald have been hurt. But I really think we should take a talented CB in round 2. I think we should trade down, gain a 2nd and take a guy like Darqueze Dannard from Michigan State. Hes very talented, and although we may have 2 suitable starters, what happens when one of them gets hurt? At worst we would have trade value in one of the 3.

Do you really want Brandon McGee in there?? Ive seen enough of him

I couldn't agree more that McGee looks inept. I've got no problem drafting a CB, but I want some guys with size on this roster, for the same reason that I advocated taking Trumaine.

Real sports fans do not condone ESPN.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 164, 165, 166  Next
Page 26 of 166

Jump to: