Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Official 2014 Draft Discussion Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 135, 136, 137  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DEE RAWL

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RamsFlash16 wrote:
Im on board with Britt as well. Its a low risk with big potential if he can get back to the Britt of 2010-2011 (when he got hurt). Hes only 25 so definately worth the flier on a 1 year prove it deal. But I am still going to stick to my Sammy Watkins love for this draft Laughing .

I maybe in the minority, but I would prefer Evans or Lee over Watkins. I have nothing against him at all, just personal preference before you all ask.

Side note: got to watch more tape of Scherff, his pass pro is somewhat of a liability, but his run blocking is ridiculous. If he isnt driving his man 5-10 yards downfield, its because they are in the dirt.

1. Jadeveon Clowney
2. Greg Robinson
3. Mike Evans
jrry32

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The J.R.S. wrote:
We could realistically be in a position to trade back with one of our picks, still land a top offensive tackle, and Clinton-Dix in the first round.

We still need to improve the competition in our WR corp, but once again this year I think bringing in a veteran is our best bet.

Here is a short list of un-restricted free agent wide receivers that I would entertain signing. It's simply too early to assume what our cap space will look like. Surprises happen every off-season.

Anquan Boldin
Kenny Britt
Eric Decker
James Jones
Jeremy Maclin
Hakeem Nicks
Emmanuel Sanders
Kevin Walter

There are a ton of question marks on this list, but that also means that a good deal can likely be found. Assuming we land an additional 2nd round pick in this hypothetical trade back, we could shore up the DT, CB and G positions in the second and third round.

Anquan Boldin - I would be fine with it because of the veteran knowledge and leadership he offers as well as the reliability of his hands

Kenny Britt - No interest...he has poor character and has looked terrible since his injuries...I don't think he makes the team...but you never know...regardless, not my cup of tea unless it's a no guarantee deal

Eric Decker - No interest at all...way too many mental errors(drops)

James Jones - I don't trust him for the money he'll want...guy who has drop issues in the past and is playing with an elite QB

Jeremy Maclin - Coming off an injury, if it's a cheap deal...maybe...but what does he offer us that we already don't have

Hakeem Nicks - Too much money for a guy that can't stay healthy...and this is coming from a guy that was in love with Nicks when he came out of UNC

Emmanuel Sanders - No interest at all...nothing special player that adds nothing to our team

Kevin Walter - No interest...washed up

I'm sorry, J.R.S, I just don't see much there. If I'm going after a FA WR, I want a bonafide #1 WR. Otherwise, just doesn't seem worth it. I'd be interested in Boldin but I'm not sold the interest would be mutual.
--------------------------------------------------------------------

I'll tell you the one guy other than Boldin that really interests me...Andre Roberts.

Why?
A) I think he'll be cheap because the Cardinals are under-utilizing him
B) He's a savvy player and a good route runner
C) He's young
D) He can make tough catches in traffic

I'd be willing to sign him to a cheap deal with a lot of incentives. However, I'd only sign him if the Rams are willing to let Tavon Austin play flanker. Roberts is a slot. IMO, he better fits the Danny Amendola slot WR role. I think Austin would do more damage for us as an outside WR who we occasionally played in the slot. Put him across from a big WR like Quick and Austin would be the perfect complement. Of course, that would make Givens our #4. When Givens comes on the field in Jet(10) personnel, he and Quick would be outside with Roberts and Austin in the slot.

However, that hopes/assumes that Quick steps his game up and earns the job.

But I think that Austin is a better outside threat than Givens and offers a more versatile skill-set. He has the deep threat ability but he offers a more varied route tree and better YAC skills. Roberts offers the more traditional slot type WR.

But Boldin could also offer that if we signed him.

The LBC wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
Don't worry. Sean Payton would pass the ball in a Tornado.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
jrry32

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEE RAWL wrote:
RamsFlash16 wrote:
Im on board with Britt as well. Its a low risk with big potential if he can get back to the Britt of 2010-2011 (when he got hurt). Hes only 25 so definately worth the flier on a 1 year prove it deal. But I am still going to stick to my Sammy Watkins love for this draft Laughing .

I maybe in the minority, but I would prefer Evans or Lee over Watkins. I have nothing against him at all, just personal preference before you all ask.

Side note: got to watch more tape of Scherff, his pass pro is somewhat of a liability, but his run blocking is ridiculous. If he isnt driving his man 5-10 yards downfield, its because they are in the dirt.

From what I heard(haven't seen), Scherff seems like a great candidate to play RT or OG.

The LBC wrote:
Harper41 wrote:

The J.R.S.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
The J.R.S. wrote:
We could realistically be in a position to trade back with one of our picks, still land a top offensive tackle, and Clinton-Dix in the first round.

We still need to improve the competition in our WR corp, but once again this year I think bringing in a veteran is our best bet.

Here is a short list of un-restricted free agent wide receivers that I would entertain signing. It's simply too early to assume what our cap space will look like. Surprises happen every off-season.

Anquan Boldin
Kenny Britt
Eric Decker
James Jones
Jeremy Maclin
Hakeem Nicks
Emmanuel Sanders
Kevin Walter

There are a ton of question marks on this list, but that also means that a good deal can likely be found. Assuming we land an additional 2nd round pick in this hypothetical trade back, we could shore up the DT, CB and G positions in the second and third round.

Anquan Boldin - I would be fine with it because of the veteran knowledge and leadership he offers as well as the reliability of his hands

Kenny Britt - No interest...he has poor character and has looked terrible since his injuries...I don't think he makes the team...but you never know...regardless, not my cup of tea unless it's a no guarantee deal

Eric Decker - No interest at all...way too many mental errors(drops)

James Jones - I don't trust him for the money he'll want...guy who has drop issues in the past and is playing with an elite QB

Jeremy Maclin - Coming off an injury, if it's a cheap deal...maybe...but what does he offer us that we already don't have

Hakeem Nicks - Too much money for a guy that can't stay healthy...and this is coming from a guy that was in love with Nicks when he came out of UNC

Emmanuel Sanders - No interest at all...nothing special player that adds nothing to our team

Kevin Walter - No interest...washed up

I'm sorry, J.R.S, I just don't see much there. If I'm going after a FA WR, I want a bonafide #1 WR. Otherwise, just doesn't seem worth it. I'd be interested in Boldin but I'm not sold the interest would be mutual.
--------------------------------------------------------------------

I'll tell you the one guy other than Boldin that really interests me...Andre Roberts.

Why?
A) I think he'll be cheap because the Cardinals are under-utilizing him
B) He's a savvy player and a good route runner
C) He's young
D) He can make tough catches in traffic

I'd be willing to sign him to a cheap deal with a lot of incentives. However, I'd only sign him if the Rams are willing to let Tavon Austin play flanker. Roberts is a slot. IMO, he better fits the Danny Amendola slot WR role. I think Austin would do more damage for us as an outside WR who we occasionally played in the slot. Put him across from a big WR like Quick and Austin would be the perfect complement. Of course, that would make Givens our #4. When Givens comes on the field in Jet(10) personnel, he and Quick would be outside with Roberts and Austin in the slot.

However, that hopes/assumes that Quick steps his game up and earns the job.

But I think that Austin is a better outside threat than Givens and offers a more versatile skill-set. He has the deep threat ability but he offers a more varied route tree and better YAC skills. Roberts offers the more traditional slot type WR.

But Boldin could also offer that if we signed him.

All the things you said about these guys are legitimate concerns.Still, I'd imagine that one of these guys, if not several, will have low price tags come off-season time.

Andre Roberts? Don't get me wrong, I like his game. I'm just not sure about his role here. We could have a package that featured only guys under 6 foot tall.

I think we need a guy who can use his size to win on the outside.

Real sports fans do not condone ESPN.
iRaMs

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

honestly, I would be ok with drafting someone late like Eric Ward from Texas Tech. I really think he is going to be good in the NFL.

Out of the Vets, give me Anquon his knowledge of the game is more than welcome.

Rrrrrrrams

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

we need corner. no 3 need behind g and s.
DEE RAWL

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rrrrrrrams wrote:

Huh?

1. Jadeveon Clowney
2. Greg Robinson
3. Mike Evans
BEASToftheEAST4

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEE RAWL wrote:
Rrrrrrrams wrote:

Huh?

I believe he's saying corner is the third biggest need behind guard and safety

^El Ramster^

If you're into hardcore/metal, check out my band: Portrait of a Prophecy
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Portrait-of-a-Prophecy/118264468260007
DEE RAWL

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BEASToftheEAST4 wrote:
DEE RAWL wrote:
Rrrrrrrams wrote:

Huh?

I believe he's saying corner is the third biggest need behind guard and safety

I can possibly agree whth that. Our starters are prett good, but our depth is one of the worst in the league.

1. Jadeveon Clowney
2. Greg Robinson
3. Mike Evans
StLunatic88

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sometimes I wonder what you all Realistically expect from Janoris? Especially when he is lined up against the Leagues Top WRs game in and Game out
Emcee

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StLunatic88 wrote:
Sometimes I wonder what you all Realistically expect from Janoris? Especially when he is lined up against the Leagues Top WRs game in and Game out

He did pretty well this week, no?
The J.R.S.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StLunatic88 wrote:

To excel? Is that asking too much for a player of his talent?

Real sports fans do not condone ESPN.
jrry32

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The J.R.S. wrote:
StLunatic88 wrote:

To excel? Is that asking too much for a player of his talent?

It's not. He can and should play better than he is. The scheme does him no favors but Janoris does himself no favors. His tackling is pitiful. I hope he figures it all out.

That INT, though, was amazing.

The LBC wrote:
Harper41 wrote:

Boboso20

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone like dominique easley from Florida in the 2nd or maybe 3rd? If he hadn't torn his ACL he would go in the 1st since he was having a monster year. Florida moved him inside to replace Shariff Floyd this year and went off until he got hurt. He's going to drop like tank carradine did and if we don't grab the kid from Minnesota like some on here have mocked to us I think we should grab him.
DEE RAWL

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boboso20 wrote:
Anyone like dominique easley from Florida in the 2nd or maybe 3rd? If he hadn't torn his ACL he would go in the 1st since he was having a monster year. Florida moved him inside to replace Shariff Floyd this year and went off until he got hurt. He's going to drop like tank carradine did and if we don't grab the kid from Minnesota like some on here have mocked to us I think we should grab him.

I love Easley, he has an intense get off and plays with passion. I wouldnt feel comfortable taking him in the 2nd, but if he is still there in the 3rd I hope we take him.

1. Jadeveon Clowney
2. Greg Robinson
3. Mike Evans

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 135, 136, 137  Next
Page 25 of 137

Jump to: