Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Official 2014 Draft Discussion Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 163, 164, 165, 166  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DEE RAWL

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jonezy wrote:
you guys don't get it, we draft #2 at #2 we will never lose again #DimeCity

Which #2 are you talking about? Manziel or Watkins?
Jonezy

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEE RAWL wrote:
Jonezy wrote:

damn you Watkins, talking JFF baby!

^Delphi83^ (Sig)
<El Ramster.< (Avatar)
[quote="norcalraider510"]
Rams front 4 is going to be amazing next year[/quote]
jrry32

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jonezy wrote:
DEE RAWL wrote:
Jonezy wrote:

I can't really figure out if you're joking or being serious. The guy with 6 losses in 2 years, 0 conference championships, and 0 divisional championships in college is going to make it so we never lose again? Ha. HA! HAHAHAHA! Laughing

But would he do it in a Sharknado?

Last edited by jrry32 on Sat May 03, 2014 7:27 am; edited 1 time in total
FRO

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So with the second pick in the draft we downgrade out QB position while passing up better talent. That would be the worst possible scenario.
FRO

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So looking at out top 30 visits we have a ton of offensive linemen, DTs, WRs, QBs and CBs with Clowney, Mack, Shazier, and Bucannon being the guys who don't fit into those positions. The offensive linemen are guys who played OT in college and vary from rounds 1-3. The DTs are quicker pass rush types who range from rounds 1-2. The WRs are high end first rounders with second and third round prospects mixed in. The QB was Savage who is a second round to third round guy. The CBs are first rounders. Now these are top 30 visits and not prodays.

Judging by this list Clowney, Mack, Watkins, Robinson, and Matthews are guys they are seriously considering with the top pick. I contend they are trying to trade down. While I would sit and pick Watkins, I feel they look to move down targeting one of Robinson or Matthews and if both are gone as well as Watkins and Mack that Evans or Lewan would be the targets. Hopefully Evans.

As for pick 13, I feel this is also a pick they would move. I think they could easily move up or back from 13. I look at the CBs for 13. Gilbert fits their profile of productive athletes that they like to pick. Dennard and Varrett are better football players. I don't feel that size at CB matters as much to Fisher as it does around the league. Finnagen was small. Jenkins isn't big. Gregg Williams guy last year, Verner, isn't a big CB either. So I feel Varrett may be a real possibility for us. He is super athletic and productive. Don't discount Donald at 13 if he falls.

As far as QBs, if I were them the earliest round I would start looking is third, although I would prefer fourth round or later. Reason being is I feel you can get starters in the second and third round. Unless you feel Bradford isn't starting caliber, there is no need to draft a backup when you can get a starter at another position of need. Also we didn't sign Shaun Hill to be the third string QB. We have looked at Manziel, Savage, McCarron, Murray, Gilbert, Shaw. I feel that Murray is the best fit for us.

This draft is going to be crazy. I have no clue what will happen. Last year I predicted a Austin/Ogletree first round and felt confident about it. I have no clue whatsoever who we will pick in this draft. The guy I feel most confident in is Matthews. This draft is going to be a complete roller coaster.
ramssuperbowl99

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

l3lind golfer wrote:
holt_bruce81 wrote:
l3lind golfer wrote:
How tall is Watkins with cleats on?

6'1?
How good of a route runner is Watkins? NFL defenses will play tighter coverage and are faster than anything Watkins has ever seen. At Clemson he caught a lot of screens or passes within 5 yards of the LOS.
He's not like an Abbredaris, who is a spectacular route runner, but his route tree is fairly advanced for a college guy. He's also really quick in and out of his breaks, so if you work on head/hand placement, he'll be a really nice route-runner in the NFL.

He caught a bunch of screens and 5-yard routes at Clemson because that was the easiest way to get him the ball. That has more to do with Boyd than Watkins, IMO.

Title Town USA wrote:
Don't question Rams. He runs this place. He is The Man.
ramssuperbowl99

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FRO wrote:
This draft is going to be crazy. I have no clue what will happen. Last year I predicted a Austin/Ogletree first round and felt confident about it. I have no clue whatsoever who we will pick in this draft. The guy I feel most confident in is Matthews. This draft is going to be a complete roller coaster.
Everyone knew we coveted those 2 guys last year. This year, with our 1a and 1b picks, we could take the following guys and not surprise me:

1a:
Clowney, Mack, Watkins, Robinson, Matthews (trade down)

1b:
HHCD, Gilbert, Matthews (trade up), Evans (trade up), Lewan, Donald

10 different guys and 149 different combinations, none which would surprise me.

Title Town USA wrote:
Jonezy

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
Jonezy wrote:
DEE RAWL wrote:
Jonezy wrote:

I can't really figure out if you're joking or being serious. The guy with 6 losses in 2 years, 0 conference championships, and 0 divisional championships in college is going to make it so we never lose again? Ha. HA! HAHAHAHA! Laughing

Here's how I look at it.

The 22 year old, full time student, working full time, responsible adult wants us to take Clowney, Robinson, MAYBE Watkins, or trade down.

The 16 year old, sneaking out of my window at night, skipping class, playing madden all day everyday, want Manziel.

^Delphi83^ (Sig)
<El Ramster.< (Avatar)
[quote="norcalraider510"]
Rams front 4 is going to be amazing next year[/quote]
l3lind golfer

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jonezy wrote:
The 22 year old, full time student, working full time, responsible adult wants us to take Clowney, Robinson, MAYBE Watkins, or trade down.

The 16 year old, sneaking out of my window at night, skipping class, playing madden all day everyday, want Manziel.
That's stupid.

Clearly. I joined this site in 2005 to talk movies.
DEE RAWL

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ramssuperbowl99 wrote:
FRO wrote:
Everyone knew we coveted those 2 guys last year. This year, with our 1a and 1b picks, we could take the following guys and not surprise me:

1a:
Clowney, Mack, Watkins, Robinson, Matthews (trade down)

1b:
HHCD, Gilbert, Matthews (trade up), Evans (trade up), Lewan, Donald

10 different guys and 149 different combinations, none which would surprise me.

This. Also I wouldnt be surprised one bit if we took any of the 1st round corners either.
l3lind golfer

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we take a CB at #13 I want it to be Kyle Fuller. Would not mind Dennard either.

Clearly. I joined this site in 2005 to talk movies.
DEE RAWL

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

l3lind golfer wrote:
If we take a CB at #13 I want it to be Kyle Fuller. Would not mind Dennard either.

While I would prefer a trade down from 13, those are mine as well-- add Verrett in there too
ramssuperbowl99

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEE RAWL wrote:
l3lind golfer wrote:

While I would prefer a trade down from 13, those are mine as well-- add Verrett in there too
At the same time, if the Rams decide they love Gilbert and want to take him, it'll be hard for me to really arm-chair GM it. There's a ton to like about him athletically, so if they believe the coaching staff can teach him and it's worth the risk, it makes sense.

I guess what I'm saying is that it's a defensible pick.

Title Town USA wrote:
Flatlyner

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ramssuperbowl99 wrote:
DEE RAWL wrote:
l3lind golfer wrote:

At the same time, if the Rams decide they love Gilbert and want to take him, it'll be hard for me to really arm-chair GM it. There's a ton to like about him athletically, so if they believe the coaching staff can teach him and it's worth the risk, it makes sense.

IMO, he is the 4th best CB, so I wouldn't like it one bit. He has some return skills that he brings but we don't really need that. Verrett, Fuller, & Dennard just seem like Fisher/Robinson kinda CB's to me. Gilbert isn't a great or aggressive tackler like those 3. In the end, I think Verrett matches up with what they like in a CB best, which is fine with me as I believe him to be the most complete, best CB in this draft. I'd LOVE a trade down in the first and grab him, maybe even gamble going down to whiners pick, since they are looking to move up.
Lamarcus Joyner
Tre Mason
DEE RAWL

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flatlyner wrote:
ramssuperbowl99 wrote:
DEE RAWL wrote:
l3lind golfer wrote:

IMO, he is the 4th best CB, so I wouldn't like it one bit. He has some return skills that he brings but we don't really need that. Verrett, Fuller, & Dennard just seem like Fisher/Robinson kinda CB's to me. Gilbert isn't a great or aggressive tackler like those 3. In the end, I think Verrett matches up with what they like in a CB best, which is fine with me as I believe him to be the most complete, best CB in this draft. I'd LOVE a trade down in the first and grab him, maybe even gamble going down to whiners pick, since they are looking to move up.

Agree with everything here, Gilbert is overrated IMO and Im glad most teams think otherwise pushing the other corners down.

Theres only one "first round" corner that I would be more upset about and thats Roby

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 163, 164, 165, 166  Next
Page 164 of 166

Jump to: