Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Official 2014 Draft Discussion Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 162, 163, 164, 165, 166  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
DEE RAWL


Joined: 02 Oct 2007
Posts: 4500
Location: Southern California
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FRO wrote:
Deone Buchannon was in St. Louis for a visit. That makes one safety that we know of.


I love Bucannon, but Im not sure if hes the best fit at FS. Would prefer Brooks.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
FRO


Joined: 02 Feb 2013
Posts: 1155
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEE RAWL wrote:
FRO wrote:
Deone Buchannon was in St. Louis for a visit. That makes one safety that we know of.


I love Bucannon, but Im not sure if hes the best fit at FS. Would prefer Brooks.

I see him as very much like McDonald. I don't think he is the type of player that fits are needs.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jonezy


Joined: 14 Dec 2009
Posts: 3180
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Manziel.
_________________

^Delphi83^ (Sig)
<El Ramster.< (Avatar)
[quote="norcalraider510"]
Rams front 4 is going to be amazing next year[/quote]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Deemo55


Joined: 11 Nov 2013
Posts: 130
Location: New York
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
Deemo55 wrote:
kgarrett12486 wrote:
holt_bruce81 wrote:
I've watched a lot of tape on Watkins, and while he is physical, it's a tad overrated on just how physical he is on these boards. It certainly isn't at a Anquan Boldin level. And if he plays like that, I think he sees a lot of time on the IR.


I like Watkins, but I agree 100% with you here...

His physicality is vastly overrated by most. He's nowhere near Boldin in that department...

If someone truly believes that they're going to be sorely disappointed by him in the NFL...


This seems like nit picking. Boldin is more physical because he can't seperate whereas Watkins can. I don't see what any of you see that makes his physicality overrated. He fights for the ball and bulldozes guys after the catch. Just because he doesn't push off like Evans doesn't mean he's not physical. I know you didn't say he wasn't but where is "overrated" coming from? How much more physical should he be??


Yea, lets not act like Watkins never has to be physical. He's not nearly as physical as Mike Evans or Anquan Boldin are before the catch. And it's not because he's always so wide open that he doesn't have to be.


Not sure what this means but Mike Evans is always pushing off before the catch so putting him and Boldin in the same category isn't very logical. And yes being open has a lot to do with it. Both receivers you're comparing Watkins to are known for not being able to gain seperation.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jrry32


Joined: 04 Jan 2011
Posts: 45892
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deemo55 wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
Deemo55 wrote:
kgarrett12486 wrote:
holt_bruce81 wrote:
I've watched a lot of tape on Watkins, and while he is physical, it's a tad overrated on just how physical he is on these boards. It certainly isn't at a Anquan Boldin level. And if he plays like that, I think he sees a lot of time on the IR.


I like Watkins, but I agree 100% with you here...

His physicality is vastly overrated by most. He's nowhere near Boldin in that department...

If someone truly believes that they're going to be sorely disappointed by him in the NFL...


This seems like nit picking. Boldin is more physical because he can't seperate whereas Watkins can. I don't see what any of you see that makes his physicality overrated. He fights for the ball and bulldozes guys after the catch. Just because he doesn't push off like Evans doesn't mean he's not physical. I know you didn't say he wasn't but where is "overrated" coming from? How much more physical should he be??


Yea, lets not act like Watkins never has to be physical. He's not nearly as physical as Mike Evans or Anquan Boldin are before the catch. And it's not because he's always so wide open that he doesn't have to be.


Not sure what this means but Mike Evans is always pushing off before the catch so putting him and Boldin in the same category isn't very logical. And yes being open has a lot to do with it. Both receivers you're comparing Watkins to are known for not being able to gain seperation.


That's exactly what Boldin does. So it's very logical to put Evans and Boldin in the same category.

No, being open doesn't have anything to do with it. Watkins doesn't do even when he's covered. Terrell Owens did it all the time even though he could get open without it. So did Irvin.

It's all mind-set. I can show you plays of Watkins getting outmuscled by defenders. Plays where he should have fought them off and went after the ball.
_________________
The LBC wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
Don't worry. Sean Payton would pass the ball in a Tornado.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Deemo55


Joined: 11 Nov 2013
Posts: 130
Location: New York
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
Deemo55 wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
Deemo55 wrote:
kgarrett12486 wrote:
holt_bruce81 wrote:
I've watched a lot of tape on Watkins, and while he is physical, it's a tad overrated on just how physical he is on these boards. It certainly isn't at a Anquan Boldin level. And if he plays like that, I think he sees a lot of time on the IR.


I like Watkins, but I agree 100% with you here...

His physicality is vastly overrated by most. He's nowhere near Boldin in that department...

If someone truly believes that they're going to be sorely disappointed by him in the NFL...


This seems like nit picking. Boldin is more physical because he can't seperate whereas Watkins can. I don't see what any of you see that makes his physicality overrated. He fights for the ball and bulldozes guys after the catch. Just because he doesn't push off like Evans doesn't mean he's not physical. I know you didn't say he wasn't but where is "overrated" coming from? How much more physical should he be??


Yea, lets not act like Watkins never has to be physical. He's not nearly as physical as Mike Evans or Anquan Boldin are before the catch. And it's not because he's always so wide open that he doesn't have to be.


Not sure what this means but Mike Evans is always pushing off before the catch so putting him and Boldin in the same category isn't very logical. And yes being open has a lot to do with it. Both receivers you're comparing Watkins to are known for not being able to gain seperation.


That's exactly what Boldin does. So it's very logical to put Evans and Boldin in the same category.

No, being open doesn't have anything to do with it. Watkins doesn't do even when he's covered. Terrell Owens did it all the time even though he could get open without it. So did Irvin.

It's all mind-set. I can show you plays of Watkins getting outmuscled by defenders. Plays where he should have fought them off and went after the ball.


My point is that to say Watkins' physicality is overrated b/c he's not like Boldin is bs. Boldin HAS to be physical because he cannot separate from NFL corners. In two years Watkins will be a guy that can't be defended 1 on 1.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
l3lind golfer


Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

Joined: 17 Nov 2005
Posts: 33688
Location: California
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How tall is Watkins with cleats on?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
holt_bruce81


Joined: 23 Oct 2005
Posts: 19976
Location: St. Louis
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

l3lind golfer wrote:
How tall is Watkins with cleats on?


6'1?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
jrry32


Joined: 04 Jan 2011
Posts: 45892
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deemo55 wrote:


My point is that to say Watkins' physicality is overrated b/c he's not like Boldin is bs. Boldin HAS to be physical because he cannot separate from NFL corners. In two years Watkins will be a guy that can't be defended 1 on 1.


Except there are other guys that can separate that are still extremely physical...like Mike Evans, Alshon Jeffery, Julio Jones, etc.

Boldin is mean as a snake and I love that in a WR. TO was the same way. Give me the big, strong, mean WRs over the speedy ones.
_________________
The LBC wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
Don't worry. Sean Payton would pass the ball in a Tornado.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
l3lind golfer


Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

Joined: 17 Nov 2005
Posts: 33688
Location: California
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

holt_bruce81 wrote:
l3lind golfer wrote:
How tall is Watkins with cleats on?


6'1?
How good of a route runner is Watkins? NFL defenses will play tighter coverage and are faster than anything Watkins has ever seen. At Clemson he caught a lot of screens or passes within 5 yards of the LOS.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DEE RAWL


Joined: 02 Oct 2007
Posts: 4500
Location: Southern California
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
Deemo55 wrote:


My point is that to say Watkins' physicality is overrated b/c he's not like Boldin is bs. Boldin HAS to be physical because he cannot separate from NFL corners. In two years Watkins will be a guy that can't be defended 1 on 1.


Except there are other guys that can separate that are still extremely physical...like Mike Evans, Alshon Jeffery, Julio Jones, etc.

Boldin is mean as a snake and I love that in a WR. TO was the same way. Give me the big, strong, mean WRs over the speedy ones.


Werent you the one that was all about guys like TY Hilton, Markus Wheaton, and Tavon Austin?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
iRaMs


Joined: 05 May 2010
Posts: 3957
Location: Teletran 1
PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEE RAWL wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
Deemo55 wrote:


My point is that to say Watkins' physicality is overrated b/c he's not like Boldin is bs. Boldin HAS to be physical because he cannot separate from NFL corners. In two years Watkins will be a guy that can't be defended 1 on 1.


Except there are other guys that can separate that are still extremely physical...like Mike Evans, Alshon Jeffery, Julio Jones, etc.

Boldin is mean as a snake and I love that in a WR. TO was the same way. Give me the big, strong, mean WRs over the speedy ones.


Werent you the one that was all about guys like TY Hilton, Markus Wheaton, and Tavon Austin?


all else fails draft Cody Latimer in the 3rd.
_________________
Jared Cook: MIA

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DEE RAWL


Joined: 02 Oct 2007
Posts: 4500
Location: Southern California
PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iRaMs wrote:
DEE RAWL wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
Deemo55 wrote:


My point is that to say Watkins' physicality is overrated b/c he's not like Boldin is bs. Boldin HAS to be physical because he cannot separate from NFL corners. In two years Watkins will be a guy that can't be defended 1 on 1.


Except there are other guys that can separate that are still extremely physical...like Mike Evans, Alshon Jeffery, Julio Jones, etc.

Boldin is mean as a snake and I love that in a WR. TO was the same way. Give me the big, strong, mean WRs over the speedy ones.


Werent you the one that was all about guys like TY Hilton, Markus Wheaton, and Tavon Austin?


all else fails draft Cody Latimer in the 3rd.


He wont be there in the 3rd. And its not that WRs outside of Watkins and Evans dont have ability because they do, but we have a plethora of #2 and 3/slot type guys-- we need a number 1
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
iRaMs


Joined: 05 May 2010
Posts: 3957
Location: Teletran 1
PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEE RAWL wrote:
iRaMs wrote:
DEE RAWL wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
Deemo55 wrote:


My point is that to say Watkins' physicality is overrated b/c he's not like Boldin is bs. Boldin HAS to be physical because he cannot separate from NFL corners. In two years Watkins will be a guy that can't be defended 1 on 1.


Except there are other guys that can separate that are still extremely physical...like Mike Evans, Alshon Jeffery, Julio Jones, etc.

Boldin is mean as a snake and I love that in a WR. TO was the same way. Give me the big, strong, mean WRs over the speedy ones.


Werent you the one that was all about guys like TY Hilton, Markus Wheaton, and Tavon Austin?


all else fails draft Cody Latimer in the 3rd.


He wont be there in the 3rd. And its not that WRs outside of Watkins and Evans dont have ability because they do, but we have a plethora of #2 and 3/slot type guys-- we need a number 1


Ok. I see your point, I havent really been able to do much scouting this year or even reading about the draft. I'm a little behind everyone currently.
_________________
Jared Cook: MIA

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jonezy


Joined: 14 Dec 2009
Posts: 3180
PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you guys don't get it, we draft #2 at #2 we will never lose again #DimeCity
_________________

^Delphi83^ (Sig)
<El Ramster.< (Avatar)
[quote="norcalraider510"]
Rams front 4 is going to be amazing next year[/quote]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 162, 163, 164, 165, 166  Next
Page 163 of 166

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group