Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Official 2014 Draft Discussion Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 162, 163, 164, 165, 166  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DEE RAWL

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FRO wrote:
Deone Buchannon was in St. Louis for a visit. That makes one safety that we know of.

I love Bucannon, but Im not sure if hes the best fit at FS. Would prefer Brooks.
FRO

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEE RAWL wrote:
FRO wrote:
Deone Buchannon was in St. Louis for a visit. That makes one safety that we know of.

I love Bucannon, but Im not sure if hes the best fit at FS. Would prefer Brooks.

I see him as very much like McDonald. I don't think he is the type of player that fits are needs.
Jonezy

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Manziel.

^Delphi83^ (Sig)
<El Ramster.< (Avatar)
[quote="norcalraider510"]
Rams front 4 is going to be amazing next year[/quote]
Deemo55

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
Deemo55 wrote:
kgarrett12486 wrote:
holt_bruce81 wrote:
I've watched a lot of tape on Watkins, and while he is physical, it's a tad overrated on just how physical he is on these boards. It certainly isn't at a Anquan Boldin level. And if he plays like that, I think he sees a lot of time on the IR.

I like Watkins, but I agree 100% with you here...

His physicality is vastly overrated by most. He's nowhere near Boldin in that department...

If someone truly believes that they're going to be sorely disappointed by him in the NFL...

This seems like nit picking. Boldin is more physical because he can't seperate whereas Watkins can. I don't see what any of you see that makes his physicality overrated. He fights for the ball and bulldozes guys after the catch. Just because he doesn't push off like Evans doesn't mean he's not physical. I know you didn't say he wasn't but where is "overrated" coming from? How much more physical should he be??

Yea, lets not act like Watkins never has to be physical. He's not nearly as physical as Mike Evans or Anquan Boldin are before the catch. And it's not because he's always so wide open that he doesn't have to be.

Not sure what this means but Mike Evans is always pushing off before the catch so putting him and Boldin in the same category isn't very logical. And yes being open has a lot to do with it. Both receivers you're comparing Watkins to are known for not being able to gain seperation.
jrry32

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deemo55 wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
Deemo55 wrote:
kgarrett12486 wrote:
holt_bruce81 wrote:
I've watched a lot of tape on Watkins, and while he is physical, it's a tad overrated on just how physical he is on these boards. It certainly isn't at a Anquan Boldin level. And if he plays like that, I think he sees a lot of time on the IR.

His physicality is vastly overrated by most. He's nowhere near Boldin in that department...

If someone truly believes that they're going to be sorely disappointed by him in the NFL...

This seems like nit picking. Boldin is more physical because he can't seperate whereas Watkins can. I don't see what any of you see that makes his physicality overrated. He fights for the ball and bulldozes guys after the catch. Just because he doesn't push off like Evans doesn't mean he's not physical. I know you didn't say he wasn't but where is "overrated" coming from? How much more physical should he be??

Yea, lets not act like Watkins never has to be physical. He's not nearly as physical as Mike Evans or Anquan Boldin are before the catch. And it's not because he's always so wide open that he doesn't have to be.

Not sure what this means but Mike Evans is always pushing off before the catch so putting him and Boldin in the same category isn't very logical. And yes being open has a lot to do with it. Both receivers you're comparing Watkins to are known for not being able to gain seperation.

That's exactly what Boldin does. So it's very logical to put Evans and Boldin in the same category.

No, being open doesn't have anything to do with it. Watkins doesn't do even when he's covered. Terrell Owens did it all the time even though he could get open without it. So did Irvin.

It's all mind-set. I can show you plays of Watkins getting outmuscled by defenders. Plays where he should have fought them off and went after the ball.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
Deemo55

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
Deemo55 wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
Deemo55 wrote:
kgarrett12486 wrote:
holt_bruce81 wrote:

That's exactly what Boldin does. So it's very logical to put Evans and Boldin in the same category.

No, being open doesn't have anything to do with it. Watkins doesn't do even when he's covered. Terrell Owens did it all the time even though he could get open without it. So did Irvin.

It's all mind-set. I can show you plays of Watkins getting outmuscled by defenders. Plays where he should have fought them off and went after the ball.

My point is that to say Watkins' physicality is overrated b/c he's not like Boldin is bs. Boldin HAS to be physical because he cannot separate from NFL corners. In two years Watkins will be a guy that can't be defended 1 on 1.
l3lind golfer

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How tall is Watkins with cleats on?

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

l3lind golfer wrote:

6'1?
jrry32

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deemo55 wrote:

My point is that to say Watkins' physicality is overrated b/c he's not like Boldin is bs. Boldin HAS to be physical because he cannot separate from NFL corners. In two years Watkins will be a guy that can't be defended 1 on 1.

Except there are other guys that can separate that are still extremely physical...like Mike Evans, Alshon Jeffery, Julio Jones, etc.

Boldin is mean as a snake and I love that in a WR. TO was the same way. Give me the big, strong, mean WRs over the speedy ones.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
l3lind golfer

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

holt_bruce81 wrote:
l3lind golfer wrote:

6'1?
How good of a route runner is Watkins? NFL defenses will play tighter coverage and are faster than anything Watkins has ever seen. At Clemson he caught a lot of screens or passes within 5 yards of the LOS.

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
Deemo55 wrote:

Except there are other guys that can separate that are still extremely physical...like Mike Evans, Alshon Jeffery, Julio Jones, etc.

Boldin is mean as a snake and I love that in a WR. TO was the same way. Give me the big, strong, mean WRs over the speedy ones.

Werent you the one that was all about guys like TY Hilton, Markus Wheaton, and Tavon Austin?
iRaMs

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEE RAWL wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
Deemo55 wrote:

Werent you the one that was all about guys like TY Hilton, Markus Wheaton, and Tavon Austin?

all else fails draft Cody Latimer in the 3rd.

DEE RAWL

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iRaMs wrote:
DEE RAWL wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
Deemo55 wrote:

He wont be there in the 3rd. And its not that WRs outside of Watkins and Evans dont have ability because they do, but we have a plethora of #2 and 3/slot type guys-- we need a number 1
iRaMs

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEE RAWL wrote:
iRaMs wrote:
DEE RAWL wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
Deemo55 wrote:

He wont be there in the 3rd. And its not that WRs outside of Watkins and Evans dont have ability because they do, but we have a plethora of #2 and 3/slot type guys-- we need a number 1

Ok. I see your point, I havent really been able to do much scouting this year or even reading about the draft. I'm a little behind everyone currently.

Jonezy

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you guys don't get it, we draft #2 at #2 we will never lose again #DimeCity

^Delphi83^ (Sig)
<El Ramster.< (Avatar)
[quote="norcalraider510"]
Rams front 4 is going to be amazing next year[/quote]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 162, 163, 164, 165, 166  Next
Page 163 of 166

Jump to: