Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Official 2014 Draft Discussion Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DEE RAWL

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
ESPN's Adam Schefter indicated on SportsCenter Friday that Buffalo OLB Khalil Mack may still be in the mix to go No. 1 overall to the Texans.

Rotoworld
l3lind golfer

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Davonte Adams, Jordan Matthews, and Allen Robinson.

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEE RAWL wrote:
Quote:
ESPN's Adam Schefter indicated on SportsCenter Friday that Buffalo OLB Khalil Mack may still be in the mix to go No. 1 overall to the Texans.

Rotoworld

Please be true.
Rrrrrrrams

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://twitter.com/evansilva/status/462314103424700416

Very Happy
kgarrett12486

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rrrrrrrams wrote:
https://twitter.com/evansilva/status/462314103424700416

Very Happy

I'm not buying it...

It makes too much sense that we're drumming up as much interest as we can to make someone think we're taking him. I still think it's a ploy to try and trade out of #2 or #13 for as much compensation as possible...

Could be a ploy from Manziel's camp to push his value up as well....

Smokescreens are blowing thick right now...

TommyC376 on the sig...

Last edited by kgarrett12486 on Fri May 02, 2014 3:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
BamaRam

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kgarrett12486 wrote:
BamaRam wrote:
kgarrett12486 wrote:
Rotoworld wrote:
Some teams want Missouri DL Kony Ealy to add 15 pounds and play DT, according to NFL Network's Ian Rapoport.

Rams have shown interest in him and brought him in...

Probably because he was a local visit. Doesn't count against the 30, might as well.

Could be more as well...

Quote:
@RapSheet: All depends on grades. But if #Mizzou DL Kony Ealy is a three-technique (DT), it may bring in teams like #Giants, #Rams, #Cowboys, & #Bears

Just putting it out there for others to see. Believe what you want at this point, because anything out there has to be taken with a grain of salt no matter the source...

Definitely. I like Ealy more than most on this forum it seems, most people seem low on him. I think he is pure 43 end. I see him being a strong side end and having a decent, if unspectacular career.
Flatlyner

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

holt_bruce81 wrote:
Would you guys rather have a 2nd tier WR like Adams, Matthews, Lee, Benjamin or would you guys go for a TE in the 2nd round? I think TE is a position the Rams could surprise us and take one in the top 3 rounds. Would love to get a guy like ASJ in the 2nd...But also love Adams.

I'd rather we took neither of those options and instead, concentrated on a big need like our secondary. That said, I'd much rather any of: Adams, Matthews, Lee over Benjamin or ASJ. I do really like ASJ, just not for us. Don't like Benjamin at all.
Lamarcus Joyner
Tre Mason
DEE RAWL

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
ESPN's Chris Mortensen stated on NFL Insiders that the Rams' interest in Texas A&M QB Johnny Manziel is "genuine."

Rotoworld

Mort goes onto add that teams genuinely feel that "they" (Rams) could take him at 2.

Snead is a BOSS making this rumor seem legit, who knows-- we could come out of this with a nice trade from the Browns and only move down two spots to ensure we land the guy we wanted all along-- which is NOT Manziel.
The J.R.S.

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEE RAWL wrote:
Quote:
ESPN's Chris Mortensen stated on NFL Insiders that the Rams' interest in Texas A&M QB Johnny Manziel is "genuine."

Rotoworld

Mort goes onto add that teams genuinely feel that "they" (Rams) could take him at 2.

Snead is a BOSS making this rumor seem legit, who knows-- we could come out of this with a nice trade from the Browns and only move down two spots to ensure we land the guy we wanted all along-- which is NOT Manziel.

I think I'm the only one around here that would actually be happy if Johnny Football was wearing the Horns. I sure hope he doesn't end up an Arizona Cardinal.

Real sports fans do not condone ESPN.
DEE RAWL

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The J.R.S. wrote:
DEE RAWL wrote:
Quote:

Rotoworld

I think I'm the only one around here that would actually be happy if Johnny Football was wearing the Horns. I sure hope he doesn't end up an Arizona Cardinal.

Speak for yourself my dude, I love JF. I would be a little upset if he were the pick at 2 just for value reasons, but id wait to see how they would handle (trade) Bradford first. Not gunna happen but id be happy from a standpoint of being a fan of his.
Flatlyner

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The J.R.S. wrote:
DEE RAWL wrote:
Quote:

Rotoworld

I'm actually undecided on this. I do like a lot of what JFF brings to our team, however, I have no clue what we would do with Bradford in this case and would really like to see Bradford make it through the season with a productive running game to fully evaluate his ability to lead a team.

Johnny could be a huge upgrade in offense for us, but the flip side is he could be a huge bust, which would set us back quite a bit.

I wouldn't throw my controller through my TV if we drafted him, but I'm not sure I'd be happy either.
Lamarcus Joyner
Tre Mason
FRO

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Manziel isnt a top 5 talent in this draft. He isn't a top 32 talent in this draft. Using a first round pick on him while bypassing a better player will set us back.

Another point to be made about picking a first round QB. If you pick a QB in the first, that means you don't have confidence in Bradford. If that's the case, why didn't you get rid of him and use the cap space he would give you to sign a Verner, or a Byrd, ect. I think keeping him while having no faith in him is a total mismanagement of cap space.

Also who here believes Manziel is more talented than Bradford?
FRO

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another point on Manziel and the Rams. Fisher talked about Austin's height not being an issue because Bradford is a tall QB and he can spot the smaller WR. So you pick a 5'11" QB to throw to a 5'9" WR, will Manziel be able to spot Austin? Also Manziel likes to throw 50/50 balls, who on the Rams will win those battles? Another point, Manziel is going to turn the ball over a lot, does his style fit into what Fisher wants to do with ball control and defense?
l3lind golfer

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want us to take a QB in the 1st round, I've been saying that for a while now. I'd rather have Teddy Bridgewater at #13 or later.

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deone Buchannon was in St. Louis for a visit. That makes one safety that we know of.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166  Next
Page 162 of 166

Jump to: