Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Official 2014 Draft Discussion Thread
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 164, 165, 166  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DEE RAWL

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:35 am    Post subject: Official 2014 Draft Discussion Thread Reply with quote

Good Mornin' gents. With my 3000th post (big whoop right?) I figured I'd start a thread for all of us that enjoy talking about something that we all look forward to and enjoy talking about no matter how early it is-- which depending how the rest of the season goes, can't come soon enough.

I for one, love the draft and its prospects every year, perhaps more than the actual season itself which might be pretty sad. Anyhow, I'll start it off listing a few prospects I've spent some time on recently and the options that the FO could go towards with our last year having the Skins' first rounder.

RB-

Lache Seastrunk- I have mixed feelings about this kid, and isn't that top 10 pick / Trent Richardson RB prospect, but he could be a late first/early second guy with everything you could ask for. Power, speed, vision, burst, etc. His pass game (pass pro, rec skills, etc) could use a lot of work, but you get a RB to run right? I would like to maybe see us trade down with one of those first picks and pick up an extra 2nd and use it on him perhaps.

Ka'Deem Carey- Interesting prospect with skill no doubt, but I'm not sure how well it will translate to the next level. Runs pretty upright which I think could become an issue. He doesn't have great speed, but enough and he does have a good burst through the hole. The best part I think is his vision and ball security, he always has it high and tight so coaches that stress that will love him. I'd say he's a late 2nd to 3rd.

Deanthony Thomas- I don't need to say a whole lot here. He's stupid fast, but probably not what we need as much as I like the idea.

WR-

Marqise Lee- Aw c'mon guys, a guy can dream can't he? He has been hindered both by awful QB play/play-calling as well as a recent knee injury, but we have all seen what he is capable of. He COULD be that #1 WR we have been searching for ( I really don't think Quick can be that guy). As much of a man crush I have on this kid I have to be fair and admit he does lose focus and drop a ball here and there, but there are others that he catches that nobody else apart from elite WR's can make. His speed and quickness is ridiculous especially when running his routes. His ability to stop on a dime on an out or comeback isn't human. He may "only" be 6'1", but his leaping ability and catching radius more than makes up for that.

OL-

Jake Matthews- Saffold is done wearing the horns after this year, he just can't stay healthy which is a damn shame, but luckly for us there are a lot of excellent replacements in this next draft. Matthews is as good as it gets, especially with pass protection which is second to none. His run blocking is decent, best used for zone blocking. He isn't gunna maul anyone like DJ Fluker would. When its all said and done, I really don't think we will have a shot at him because he will be the first tackle taken, but we will see.

Taylor Lewan- I love this kid, loved him last year and he has seemed to refined his technique over the summer. He was always an excellent run blocker with great strength and push, but his pass protection is where his game has improved the most. last year he was just about above average and now he is really quite good. I for one, love the idea of having two mountain Michigan men at both tackle spots. Lewan should be the 2nd or 3rd Tackle off the board which should be realistically obtainable for our picks.

Antonio Richardson- I haven't seen a whole lot of him, watched the tape against Florida that has a heck of a defense. My first impression is that he will have to make the move to RT in the NFL. He is big and strong, but not the quickest dude on the planet. He should be a late first kinda guy.

Cyril Richardson- A solid OG prospect. Not Warmack or Cooper by any means, but he wins his fair share of battles himself. He should also be a late first/early 2nd prospect which would be a nice option should be pick up an extra 2nd.

DL-

Louis Nix- I'm not the biggest fan of the idea of spending picks on areas NOT of immediate need, but if there is a guy that warrants it-- its Nix. I am continuously amazed at how much quickness, speed and hustle this guy has for being 350 pounds. He made our current rookie Barrett Jones look like an absolute amateur in the National Championship game in January driving him 2-4 yards into the backfield every time it was one on one. He even put forum favorite Warmack on skates down on the goal line. He requires a double team every snap. And as I said before, he is pursuing downfield every play and sometimes even makes the tackle. This may sound crazy, but I'm not sure if there is another player coming out that would have more of an impact on this team than Nix would. I am an SC fan remember.

Dominique Easely- Just had a brutal injury to end his season at Florida. He rotated at DE and 3 tech. He also has very impressive size and athleticism. Actually plays the 3 tech better IMO, gets excellent push and has speed to go with it. Could work on his initial pass rush moves, but that is always something to get coached up. With his injury he could be an excellent day 2 steal.

Will Sutton- This guy is an animal. He lives in the backfield of offenses he faces. He can get a little lazy at times, or perhaps just a little tired and it looks pretty bad, but for the most part he would also make a very good 3 tech adding some much needed interior pass rush. He should go mid to late first.

LB-

CJ Mosley- Another prospect I've loved since last year. He has an incredible combination of speed and strength, and his pass coverage ability and range is incredible. He will make any tackle sideline to sideline and while he isn't a thumper, he doesn't mind getting downhill in a hurry to clog a hole. When it comes to shedding blocks he is very underrated. Something Tree nor JL55 are very good at. I think with Dunbar coming back, LB probably won't be a direction we go or at least the first few rounds, but if we do I hope its CJ.

S-

Haha Clinton-Dix- This kid is what last years deep safety class lacked, a deep coverage ball-hawking midfielder type safety. Having Haha at Free and TJ MAC at Strong, we would have one heck of a safety tandum for years to come. Also, he is quite good when it comes to making open field touchdown saving tackles.
Ed Reynolds- Man, this kid was supposed to be a first rounder and he continues to slide down due to poor play. Misses open field tackles and doesn't play the ball all that well. I hope he gets better to show there is another option at safety, but as of right now I hope we stay away from this kid come draft day.

CB-

Bradley Roby- Man, I hate the fact that I'm even watching tape of corner prospects, but with the way my adopt-a-ram has been playing, I'd say we are much better off without him and his giant price-tag. The scary thing is, Roby actually plays a lot like Cort. Excellent closing speed, but the issue is that closing speed comes after he gets beat or is lost in his zone. Don't get me wrong, this kid does plenty of good and makes plays, but I'm not sure if I'm sold on him as the best corner supposedly.

Ifo Ekpre-Olomu- Holy crap, I don't care how many times I write this kid's name I'll have to look it up to make sure. I'll tell you what though, when he covers its like he knows the play or at least what the WR is gunna do. I haven't watched everything so I'm sure there is tape out there of him getting beat, but from what I've seen-- Ifo stands as the best corner prospect right now to me. Every scheme needs a different type of corner and as it seems with our scheme, we need corners that can play man, which Ifo can most certainly do with any WR in the game.

I will continue to watch more as it becomes available on youtube, but that is what I got for now.

In a perfect world (taking out my love for Marqise), I'd like to see
1. Nix
1(trade down). Lewan
2. Seastrunk
2(from trade down). Richardson

Obviously this is all subject to change and there are a ton of options that would all be just as respectable, but it seems as though we need to continue to build in the trenches and the running game so this would hopefully be a nice start to getting things fixed.

Anyway guys, I'm headin to bed. Lets get the discussion started.

1. Amari Cooper
2. Brandon Scherff
3. Todd Gurley
kgarrett12486

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The more and more I see on Virginia Tech's Kyle Fuller, the more and more I think he's be an ideal fit in our scheme. He's exactly what you want...

I'd love to add him in the 2nd round, would give us some more size to pair with Trumaine...

IDOG_det on the sig...
RIP "El Fenomeno" - Oscar Taveras
iRaMs

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the OG from Notre Dame Zack Martin.

I think for OLB we could add Jonathan Brown. Absolutely love that kid.

catcheryea

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oooooh draft talk, my favorite. I've said this many times (and I've said I've said this many times many times) but I think our first 3 picks this year need to be T, FS, and G. Now it looks like at worst we'll end up with two top 15 picks and probably if one (or both) is in the top 3 and Clowney is on the board, Les will most likely trade down because, well, he's Les Snead. Also if we do end up in the top 3 with our real pick, our priorities might have to change because it could be start of the Bridgewater era.

It also looks like we have a lot more needs than we though we did in August. I mean who would've ever imagined corner being a fairly high priority after last year? Also, resigning Jo Lonn looks like it may have put an end to our LB need (hopefully), so no need for CJ Mosley (Sad).

I am sticking to my guns that RB this year will be a waste of a pick. It's sort of like last year where there were guys mocked in the first just because they were RBs, when they were obviously day 2 guys.

I wouldn't mind going WR, but only if the right guy (Mike Evans) is there for the right value. I don't think we need another speedster like Lee or Watkins, a guy like Evans would be a great #1 that could make the plays when you need it, and allow Tavon, Givens, and Cook to stretch the field.

As for OL, I have Matthews, Lewan, Kouandjio, Richardson as tackles that could guy in the top 15 or 20. Hurst is in that early 2nd/late group that we could look at if we don't get one in the first. I haven't seen much Gabe Jackson this year, but I would gladly take either him or Cyril with 2nd rounder, and maybe our second 1st if they're the BPA at a need.

I really don't get all the Nix love on our line. Yes, he's a good player, but we already have a 1 technique that we used a 1st rounder on a couple years ago. I would much rather take a shot on Dominique Easley in the 4th or 5th depending on how his recovery goes (Much like how I wanted Marcus Lattimore in the 4th last year).

I've already spoken on LB, but I will say that Mosley is my favorite player in this draft. He's going to be an absolute stud. I just hope he doesn't end up on the Giants.

I haven't watch much of any corner this year, but from the limited amount I've seen on Kyle Fuller, I like what I see. I'll come back later on this year and see how things develop.

Ah, safety. It's Haha or bust really. I mean if we draft him, maybe Fisher starts playing some press coverage because he'll know there's someone back there who can make a play if necessary.

I think that about does it. My ideal draft would probably be this. I won't include possible trade downs because who know what kind of magic Les will pull.:

Top 5: Matthews, Bridgewater (if it's ours), Trade down
Top 15: Haha, Tiny Richardson, Gabe Jackson, Mike Evans
2nd: Cyril Richardson, Fuller,
3rd: ?
4th: Easley

#Guschamp

Jaboo2Rams

titans0021 wrote:
bkobow05 wrote:
So far, the higher ranked team has lost all three title games

CARDALE AIN'T COME TO PLAY FACTS!
DEE RAWL

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nix could easily play the 3 tech. People (understandably) just see the big body and think he cant move very well. The fact is he moves better than most naturally built 3 techs out there.

1. Amari Cooper
2. Brandon Scherff
3. Todd Gurley
Rams4eva92

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike Evan WR Texas A&M or bust! That is All. I am done with Quick and Pettis.

Evans #1 reciever Great Red Zone Threat and Possession Reciever. Bradfords favorite target 6 ft. 5 in. Big target that can run routes very physical.

Givens#2 Deep threat reciever that takes the top off the defense. Speedy reciever

Austin slot reciever get him in space and he can break it for a long one

Cook and Kendricks tight end duo

Evans completes our WR corp and it is perfect

MIKE EVANS OR BUST!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Idk how I feel about Evans, but he does seem to make plays and if he could do all of that for Bradford that he does for Johnny Football then Im all for it. If we go WR with one of our first rounders Id prefer Lee though.

1. Amari Cooper
2. Brandon Scherff
3. Todd Gurley
Flatlyner

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm shocked there isn't more talk about a QB in the first round. Whats the general rule of the draft? "If you don't have a franchise QB, you draft one". Does anyone really believe Bradford is our franchise QB anymore? Its sad to say out loud, as I would have loved if he had become that, but, after 4 seasons, I don't see it. With that in mind, I would certainly add these guys to the list:

Bridgewater (likely 1st or 2nd pick and out of our range)

T.Boyd - mixed opinions on him

Manziel - Personally, talent wise, I'd love him for the Rams, attitude wise, not sure.

Hundley - Haven't seen enough of him to formulate solid opinion.

Mariota - I'm a fan, bid, fast, strong arm. Hard to scout him based on the offense he's in.

There are certainly others to consider but I have limited time.

Also, not a fan of this WR in the first round talk. In my opinion, we don't have a terrible WR core. Certainly not enough to discuss taking another one in the first round.

Does anyone really think we have worse WR's then New England, San Diego, Washington? Difference in those teams and ours is a QB that can generate offense. Granted, our OCoordinator is not doing much to help and I agree he needs to go, but, you still need to look at the QB in this.
Lamarcus Joyner
Tre Mason
Rams4eva92

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEE RAWL wrote:
Idk how I feel about Evans, but he does seem to make plays and if he could do all of that for Bradford that he does for Johnny Football then Im all for it. If we go WR with one of our first rounders Id prefer Lee though.

Mike Evans is another class compared to Lee. I feel like we need that big go to guy. Lee is a fast shifty route runner that reminds me of Givens. I want that big dude that will play physical and go up and get the ball everytime. If you have watched a Texas A&M game Evans looks like a grown man out there in a school yard dude just is a beast.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEE RAWL wrote:
Nix could easily play the 3 tech. People (understandably) just see the big body and think he cant move very well. The fact is he moves better than most naturally built 3 techs out there.

I feel like Nix and Brockers are almost too similar to put them on the line together. They're both good athletes for their size, great run stuffers (well Brock used to be), and they can push the pocket. But neither one has a pass rush move that they can count on to shed a block.

#Guschamp

Jaboo2Rams

titans0021 wrote:
bkobow05 wrote:
So far, the higher ranked team has lost all three title games

CARDALE AIN'T COME TO PLAY FACTS!
I <3 Faulk

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flatlyner wrote:
Does anyone really believe Bradford is our franchise QB anymore?

I do. He hasn't lost any talent since we drafted him.

Nobody can stretch a page into oblivion like I can
Flatlyner

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I <3 Faulk wrote:
Flatlyner wrote:

No, he hasn't lost his arm, but he has clearly lost confidence and that is huge for a QB in the NFL. Though I guess some people will be hard to convince, but, it appears obvious to me. You cannot place all the blame on coordinators for his lack of production.

Its certainly not all his fault, what with receivers having been unreliable his whole career and getting hit constantly, but it happens. And it happened. Its time for us to move on if we want to be competitive, I'm convinced of that.
Lamarcus Joyner
Tre Mason
RamForLife81-39

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flatlyner wrote:
I <3 Faulk wrote:
Flatlyner wrote:

No, he hasn't lost his arm, but he has clearly lost confidence and that is huge for a QB in the NFL. Though I guess some people will be hard to convince, but, it appears obvious to me. You cannot place all the blame on coordinators for his lack of production.

Its certainly not all his fault, what with receivers having been unreliable his whole career and getting hit constantly, but it happens. And it happened. Its time for us to move on if we want to be competitive, I'm convinced of that.

Well said, sir

Tavon Austin
39 catches-- 409 yards---4TD
8carries----- 95yards-----1TD
32PR---------279yards----1TD
14KR---------303yards
1,086 All Purpose Yards 6 TD
NVRamsFan

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On Qb's the more I see and the more I read on Mettenberger the more I like. Any thoughts on him? Also my local boy Cody Fajardo is pretty impressive the last couple years.
nodefense

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Offense : They need a running game and don't have a legitimate RB on the roster. How many carries would Richardson and Pead be getting on most NFL teams ? They also need some guards who can open some holes.

Defense: They need a starting FS

1a ) FS

1b ) RB

2 ) OG

3 ) OG

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 164, 165, 166  Next
Page 1 of 166

Jump to: