Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Re-Structuring a Broken Franchise: R&P's Rebuild.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
indifference

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gase doesn't really impress me as a HC candidate and that 2011 year that Denver defense was playing elite ball which is why they were always in games. Their offense always did just enough to win. Bradley is fine if he brings that Seattle Seahawks like aggressiveness here instead of that bullcrap zone we got Revis playing in. I agree with releasing Joseph and Zuttah but not Penn. Not just yet, we have too many important needs to find a competent LT.
DaRealdeal

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be honest...if we go with another coach that has no HC experience I will be disgusted.

How much of Denver's offensive success can we actually attribute to Gase? I realize it's a chicken or the egg kind of thing, but I'm more inclined to believe that Peyton Manning is doing what he wants to do, when he wants to do it. Gase may be a brilliant mind, but I really have no idea what he is responsible for.

There is no way that we are going to release 3 starting OLineman this offseason. That just seems so unnecessary. Do one of them have to go? Yeah, probably, but dumping all 3 is asking for problems. We need to keep some semblance of continuity.

If we end up with a Top 3 pick and we don't go with a QB I would be stunned. Glennon would have to look like a monster for us to even consider that, and if he did that Schiano would likely keep his job.

I have to admit that I'm warming up to Murray. He's doing much better under pressure. I still think that his deep ball is way too inconsistent, but he's stepped up his game this year.

I really like Fiedorowicz and Huff. They would bring some much needed athleticism and depth to TE and WR. Huff is definitely one of my favorite prospects in this draft. I like Chris Smith too.

Adopt-A-Buc Adrian Clayborn
Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
Calibucsfan

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaRealdeal wrote:
There is no way that we are going to release 3 starting OLineman this offseason. That just seems so unnecessary. Do one of them have to go? Yeah, probably, but dumping all 3 is asking for problems. We need to keep some semblance of continuity.

Yup, my thoughts exactly. And the only lineman that deserves to be cut is Zuttah.

Davin Joseph can have his contract re-structured
Get on the yearly Buc carousel. Start off trash. Look better by mid season. Win 2-3 games at the end of the season. Get the 7th pick. Have what most fans consider a great draft and free agency. Start off trash again. Rinse and repeat
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calibucsfan wrote:
DaRealdeal wrote:

Yup, my thoughts exactly. And the only lineman that deserves to be cut is Zuttah.

Restructuring are easier said than done. If a guy really wants to stay here then he'll take one. If not its adios. Davin Joseph has stated multiple times he wants to win a championship. His injuries age and lack of play is not worth what he currently makes.

Our entire oline needs an overhaul with nicks staying on.
Calibucsfan

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
Calibucsfan wrote:
DaRealdeal wrote:

Restructuring are easier said than done. If a guy really wants to stay here then he'll take one. If not its adios. Davin Joseph has stated multiple times he wants to win a championship. His injuries age and lack of play is not worth what he currently makes.

Our entire oline needs an overhaul with nicks staying on.

Yes, because Nicks does not have a huge contract, and he always stays healthy Rolling Eyes

Sorry to have to say this, but overhauling the o-line is idiotic. We would be a ton of a lot better if we just had a real Center....and not a average converted Guard
Get on the yearly Buc carousel. Start off trash. Look better by mid season. Win 2-3 games at the end of the season. Get the 7th pick. Have what most fans consider a great draft and free agency. Start off trash again. Rinse and repeat
Lil' Shorty

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's the chance that Eric DeCosta actually leaves Baltimore? 2 years ago he said he didn't wanna go anywhere. But that was 2 years ago too. I mean with the talent we have on this roster and his chance to draft a top QB it would have to be enticing. For how much money the Glazers have I would hope they just throw an absurd amount at him to get the best in here to GM our team.

Smack ^
#FireLovie
ravishingone

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As much as I want the next head coach to have head coaching experience, recent history shows the Glazers haven't shied away with trying to identify tomorrow's stars.

Replacing Gruden with Rah, the flirtation with Chip, and the ultimate hiring of Schiano. I believe Jay Gruden would be a fine selection. Another off the radar possibility is Ben McAdoo QB coach of the Packers. You may remember McAdoo was denied permission by the Pack to interview for the Bucs OC position that was eventually filled by Sully. McAdoo is definitely viewed as an up and coming coach.
Calibucsfan

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike Zimmer is the guy I want. If you guys didnt get a chance to watch this years Hard Knocks with the Cincinnati Bengals, I suggest you do....Zimmer is the guy we need IMO
bucstopshere

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calibucsfan wrote:
Mike Zimmer is the guy I want. If you guys didnt get a chance to watch this years Hard Knocks with the Cincinnati Bengals, I suggest you do....Zimmer is the guy we need IMO

Zimmer or Lovie is who I want with Hundley

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucstopshere wrote:
Calibucsfan wrote:

Shoot. What does it matter if we have a defensive minded HC as long as we get a good OC. I mean the HC has to be able to run the whole team and I definitely think Zimmer could. I wanted him 2 years ago. Plus he has ties to solid potential OCs in the NFL.

But the point about the Glazers not being afraid to go get the up and coming stars make me think a glitz and glamor OC or college coach could still get the job. This is why I say Kevin Sumlin is a real possibility. But then again, if we implode with Schiano...and that looks entirely possible with 12 games to go...idk if they go the inexperienced route again.

But first we are gonna have to get a GM.

Smack ^
#FireLovie
Bucs00

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zimmer sounds like a number one choice for this team. I would be okay with Lovie too, if he comes bundled with good OC. I would rather go with the NFL route this time. Unless there is some really promising coach.

Glazers should be looking coaching and GM options right now. They need to act soon for two reasons. Firstly, if NFL finds some violations in their investigation this thing could turn in to Schiano gate. Firing him now could safe Bucs face. Acting before season is over would also give Glazers some time to think. We all know they like to take their time when making decisions.
ravishingone

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucstopshere wrote:
Calibucsfan wrote:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7468229/tampa-bay-buccaneers-talk-mike-zimmer-rob-chudzinski-next

Since it was reported the Bucs interviewed Zimmer before hiring Schiano, I'm not sure what would change two years later. I would consider Zimmer a long shot candidate. Lovie does make more sense then Zimmer.
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thing is lovie has struggled to build an offense and put the right staff in place on that side of the ball.

Zimmer I like a lot. But do the glazers go defensive background again?
He Hate Me

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
Thing is lovie has struggled to build an offense and put the right staff in place on that side of the ball.

His quarterbacks have also been Rex Grossman, Brian Griese, Kyle Orton, and Jay Cutler. Hard to build an offense around most of those guys. Hopefully we'd be building with a true franchise QB.

Props to Eggy
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He Hate Me wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:

His quarterbacks have also been Rex Grossman, Brian Griese, Kyle Orton, and Jay Cutler. Hard to build an offense around most of those guys. Hopefully we'd be building with a true franchise QB.

He also chose those qbs.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: