Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Re-Structuring a Broken Franchise: R&P's Rebuild.
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:03 pm    Post subject: Re-Structuring a Broken Franchise: R&P's Rebuild. Reply with quote

The Writing is on the wall for Mark Dominik and the rest of the Circus. \

The whole crew is fired. Canned. Gone. Here is the rebuilding mode.

Promote Eric Stukes to Assistant GM/Director of Scouting.

Hire: Eric DeCosta New Tampa Bay Buccaneers General Manager

The first move that Decosta makes as our new GM:

Head Coach: Adam Gase
- Gase currently serves as the Denver Broncos OC and word around the league is raving about him as a top Head Coach in waiting. Some will say , Oh well he has Peyton Manning. That may be true, but he and Mike McCoy banged heads together to adjust the offense around the strength of Tim Tebow back in 2011, which turned that season around. There is creativity there and very bright offensive mind. Peyton Manning endorsed Gase once McCoy left for San Diego. Gase is a QBs guru who also is vocal and a leader. I think he can get this team where it's supposed to be.

Defensive Coordinator: Gus Bradley
- Bradley currently serves as the Jaguars Head Coach. There is no way he survives an 0-16 season. I liken him to a Rod Marinelli type guy. Excellent assistant/Coordinator. But may not be fit to be a head coach. I'm predicting a Jacksonville 0-16 season, which no coach survives.

Offensive Coordinator: Joe Lombardi
- Currently serves as the Saints QBs coach. Bucs new head coach Adam Gase gets creative here. Bucs have weapons on offense. Utilize them and Lombardi has spent 7 seasons under Sean Payton and Pete Carmichael.

Free Agency:
- Cut G Davin Joseph
- Cut C Jeremy Zuttah
- Cut Donald Penn
Freeing up 16 million in waste.

- With Freeman's 8.5 Million coming off he books, Bucs have a legit shot here to strengthen with solid and not overpay for olineman.

Signings:
- C Brian De la Fuente
- CB Alterraun Verner
- T Michael Oher

Draft: Currently, I think we own the 3rd overall pick in the draft. That is my hindsight prediction. Move down and Do not over draft a player. IF a franchise QB is not there, we don't take him. Hundley does not declare and comes back for one more year to develop and based on wise inight from Jim Mora Jr, who im sure knows the benefits of getting that extra year for development purposes, especially at the mental stage.

Bucs trade down, recoup a 2nd and 5th round draft pick.

Draft:

1st : Taylor Lewan T Michigan.
- Bucs want to get nasty and physcial up front. Well, it starts in the trenches. Moving Carimi to right guard and signing Oher solidfies the Oline.

2nd: Aaron Murray QB Georgia
- This guy is going to be stud. And he runs a potent offense at Georgia where he has elevated and continues to elevate the game of WRs who are unknown. He lacks the ideal height , but at 6'1, he stands tall and moves well in the pocket. Excellent velocity and touch on his deep ball. Intangibles are off the chart. Bucs will get a good one for this spread offense.

2nd via trade: CJ Fiederovitz TE Iowa
- Might be the most underrated TE in this draft. Iowa lacks consistency at the QB position and very rarely

4th Round: Chris Smith DE Arkansas
- Speed rusher on the outside, we look to create various ways to get after the opposing QB. Smith falls under the radar here.

5th Round: Josh Huff WR Oregon
- Getting speed on the inside to match depth and utilize our weapons on offense. Murray is going to be a happy guy.

5th round (via trade): Andrew Norwell G Ohio State
- Competition for Carimi on the inside.

7th: Mister Cobbler DT Kentucky
- Mamouth run stuffind DT competing for a roster spot

7th: Michael Dyer RB Lousiville
- 7th Round gamble to compete and possibly get some reps behind Martin.

After this offseason, we bring a blend of speed and tenacity, excellent mixture in today's NFL.

Lineup:
QB: Murray/Glennon
RB: Martin/Demps/James/Dyer
FB: Lorig
WR1: Jackson/Underwood
WR2: Williams/Page/Huff
TE: Fiederovich/Crabtree/Wright
LT: Lewan
LG: Nicks/Meredith
C: De la Fuente/Larsen
G: Carimi/Norwell
T: Oher/Dotson

Defense:
LDE: Clayborn(plays effectively on either side)/Bowers
UT: McCoy/Gholston
DT: Spence/Cobbler
RDE:Scott/Smith/Means
WLB: David/Hayward
MLB: Foster./UDFA
SLB: Watson/Casillas
CB: Revis/Verner
CB: Banks/Johnson/Melvin
Nickel: Verner
SS: Barron/UDFA or Free agent
FS: Goldson/Tandy
K: Barth
P; Koenen or replacement.
Lil' Shorty

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could roll with that coaching staff and GM but am not a fan of the offseason at all. We look like we got worse and downgraded pisitions rather than improved, especially on the OL. I mean sure there is potential there but I assume you want all 3 of those guys gone regardless and we are not picking an OL with the 1st pick, we are getting a QB. So basically we have a huge gap in part of our OL and Carimi isn't solving any problems either. We just are t turning over 3 OL this offseason. And I'm not at all a fan of Murrey...especially considering he is who we draft when we potentially have the 3rd overall pick.

Down with the GM. Gase I think has a lot of potential as a HC, but only being 35, I believe, worries me. I like the fact that he is vocal..or is that just something you threw in there and do not know..but at that young can you really run a team? Also I doubt Bradley gets fired but I'd love him as a DC if he did. Jax just fired Mike Mularkey after 1 year and now they do the same to Gus, nah. Plus with Jax getting Blackmon back it will help their offense put some points up.

Smack ^
#FireLovie
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lil' Shorty wrote:
I could roll with that coaching staff and GM but am not a fan of the offseason at all. We look like we got worse and downgraded pisitions rather than improved, especially on the OL. I mean sure there is potential there but I assume you want all 3 of those guys gone regardless and we are not picking an OL with the 1st pick, we are getting a QB. So basically we have a huge gap in part of our OL and Carimi isn't solving any problems either. We just are t turning over 3 OL this offseason. And I'm not at all a fan of Murrey...especially considering he is who we draft when we potentially have the 3rd overall pick.

Down with the GM. Gase I think has a lot of potential as a HC, but only being 35, I believe, worries me. I like the fact that he is vocal..or is that just something you threw in there and do not know..but at that young can you really run a team? Also I doubt Bradley gets fired but I'd love him as a DC if he did. Jax just fired Mike Mularkey after 1 year and now they do the same to Gus, nah. Plus with Jax getting Blackmon back it will help their offense put some points up.

A lot makes sense, but no. How do we get worse along the oline than we already are? Penn has been horrid. Joseph has been horrid. Zuttah is terrible. These are all upgrades, younger, and cheaper, in my opinion.

Oher is a RT. Hes not going to cost more than 4-5 mill per. De La Fuente is not going to be retained by the Saints and vastly a top 12 C in this league who is solid and will come at a solid price.

The way the CB market was last year, Verner will come out a cheap rate last year as well.

You are going to be VASTLY wrong with Murray my friend.
He Hate Me

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we're picking as high as I believe we will, I cannot see us drafting an OL first. Nope. Don't see the new head coach leaving Peyton Manning and going "we'll skip the first round prospects and grab someone like Aaron Murray. I'll let my career depend on him."

Props to Eggy
bucsfan333

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah... I mean. If we've got a top three pick, we're gonna take a QB. I agree with HHM.
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucsfan333 wrote:
Yeah... I mean. If we've got a top three pick, we're gonna take a QB. I agree with HHM.

Who then ? Y reach and miss again ?
bucsfan333

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
bucsfan333 wrote:

Because that's what new regimes do; find their guy early and hitch to him.

And we know ABSOLUTELY NOTHING about the upcoming draft class.
SappDaddyDance

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
bucsfan333 wrote:

I agree but as a new head coach if you don't feel that there is a first round talent/ franchise QB at a position that you are currently at, then you either trade up to get one or trade a team that has a young guy that can be one.

The more and more I read about Hundley, the more likely he is to come out in this years draft and if we're picking 3rd. Based off what I have seen already (granted combine and other extenuating situations have not been factored in), I would gladly take a shot at Hundley at three. If not I would rather trade back and stack up picks to fill other needs. I for one have not been a personal fan of Murray's since last year as he has not shown significant improvement in his game to warrant me thinking the guy is a potential "the guy" in the NFL.

In fact, I would rather trade our third and sixth round picks and grab Kirk Cousins

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everything up until the draft looks good. Then it goes to heck no. If we can't get Bridgewater Hundley is my guy. I've spent the week not watching film, but digging into his personal life as much as I could. Read his entire twitter, his background, articles from his recruiting and redshirt years. This kid has moxy and is a leader of men.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't like the offseason player moves or the draft.

I would like to redo both Penn and Joseph's contract. Bring their numbers down. They have played at a high level for a long time and neither is "that" old. I would rather them protecting our new franchise qb than reshuffle and bring new guys in. Use the draft pick you used on a olinemen and grab our franchise guy at #3 then in the second trade up to grab either the best te or the best wr left. Give our new guy as many weapons as we can.

Jackson, Williams, Martin, Demps, second round te/wr with a vet oline and a stud defense should make for about as smooth of a transition for a young qb as we could hope for.

Michael Johnson 15 tackles | 3 sacks | 1 ff
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've grown to become one of the biggest fans of Brett Hundley. But he will only have 2 years experience at the college level playing the most difficult position on the nfl.

He's still raw in certain places. Not really taking a lot of snaps underneath the center. Some of the reads he's asked to make are quick bubbly screens and quick hitches. No lie he's got some arm strength and does a nice job working through progressions but I think he'd benefit greatly coming back one more year.

21 years old and you're the face of the franchise? How many young qbs succeed coming out as RS Soph ?
tml_gogo

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm all good up to the draft.

We're gonna get a top 3 pick and end up with a tackle? How did that work out for the Dolphins and Jake Long? Lewan's not even a great tackle prospect, he's just the best one right now. If we pick top 3 and get an entire new regime, we're taking a franchise quarterback. It would be Hundley there, no question. There is no way in the world that a brand new regime would start with Aaron Murray, just no way.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why cut Davin Joseph?

But I agree 100% on cutting Zuttah
Get on the yearly Buc carousel. Start off trash. Look better by mid season. Win 2-3 games at the end of the season. Get the 7th pick. Have what most fans consider a great draft and free agency. Start off trash again. Rinse and repeat
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tml_gogo wrote:
I'm all good up to the draft.

We're gonna get a top 3 pick and end up with a tackle? How did that work out for the Dolphins and Jake Long? Lewan's not even a great tackle prospect, he's just the best one right now. If we pick top 3 and get an entire new regime, we're taking a franchise quarterback. It would be Hundley there, no question. There is no way in the world that a brand new regime would start with Aaron Murray, just no way.

I don't have Brett Hundley declaring for obvious reasons. And what don't you like about Aaron Murray?
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calibucsfan wrote:
Why cut Davin Joseph?

But I agree 100% on cutting Zuttah

Joseph has been graded out as one of the most overrated and overpaid olinemen. Add in the injury history and history of the lack of full recovery made from patella tendon injuries, it's obvious you can find an upgrade.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: