Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jaguars trade OT Eugene Monroe to Baltimore
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sp6488

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He can't be starting soon enough IMHO.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think he's a cert to start against Green Bay. If they were considering it for this game, even for a second, he should be ready to go next week.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well yeah, I switch my tune. I didn't think he could be up-to-speed so quickly.

And the last two weeks McKinnie has looked worse than ever. There really is no way Monroe could be worse than what we saw from McKinnie in the Dolphins game. He was truly pathetic.

The Dolphins would be foolish to trade for him as he was worse than their OT options... though I hope they do.

We would have won twice in one week. Smile

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diamondbull424 wrote:

And the last two weeks McKinnie has looked worse than ever. There really is no way Monroe could be worse than what we saw from McKinnie in the Dolphins game. He was truly pathetic.

The Dolphins would be foolish to trade for him as he was worse than their OT options... though I hope they do.

I don't know. Their tackles both got abused on the bull rush.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sp6488 wrote:
diamondbull424 wrote:

And McKinnie got abused as well.. at best, it's a sideways move for them. But honestly, I still think McKinnie looked worse. Their tackles gave Tannehill a few drives where he looked clean for a good amount of time... whereas between McKinnie and Gino, pressure was getting to Flacco on virtually every play... even though the sacks don't support it. I just think Flacco is one of the best QBs in the league at getting the ball out there right before he takes a hit. And his pocket presence has really improved as well. Just a few years ago, Flacco would have NEVER been able to play behind this line and have success.

As an aside, the one GOOD thing that I can say about McKinnie is that he rarely, if ever, gets beaten to the inside at least. That was a problem with Oher at LT. As a QB you just can't account for that type of pressure. At least McKinnie, in his horribleness, gives Flacco a pocket... even if it's only a pocket that he can hold for 2.5s... which allows Flacco to step around into the pocket more confidently.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diamondbull424 wrote:
sp6488 wrote:
diamondbull424 wrote:

And McKinnie got abused as well.. at best, it's a sideways move for them. But honestly, I still think McKinnie looked worse. Their tackles gave Tannehill a few drives where he looked clean for a good amount of time... whereas between McKinnie and Gino, pressure was getting to Flacco on virtually every play... even though the sacks don't support it. I just think Flacco is one of the best QBs in the league at getting the ball out there right before he takes a hit. And his pocket presence has really improved as well. Just a few years ago, Flacco would have NEVER been able to play behind this line and have success.

As an aside, the one GOOD thing that I can say about McKinnie is that he rarely, if ever, gets beaten to the inside at least. That was a problem with Oher at LT. As a QB you just can't account for that type of pressure. At least McKinnie, in his horribleness, gives Flacco a pocket... even if it's only a pocket that he can hold for 2.5s... which allows Flacco to step around into the pocket more confidently.

All of that and... does anyone think it's a good idea to unleash Bryant McKinnie in Miami? Wasn't it there where he owed a strip joint about $300,000 a couple of years ago? I think he'd treat it like paid retirement.

The best place for McKinnie to go, in terms of his football, would be Green Bay, where there's nothing to do except his job.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mancunian Raven wrote:

All of that and... does anyone think it's a good idea to unleash Bryant McKinnie in Miami? Wasn't it there where he owed a strip joint about $300,000 a couple of years ago? I think he'd treat it like paid retirement.

The best place for McKinnie to go, in terms of his football, would be Green Bay, where there's nothing to do except his job.

I think you're severely under-estimating the quality of strippers to be found in Green Bay, Wisconsin. And under-estimating the level of strip clubs to be found in the middle of nowhere... I mean, why do you think towns out there even exist?

There's a lot of underrated talent out there... and McKinnie will make it his mission to find it. Laughing Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diamondbull424 wrote:
Mancunian Raven wrote:

I think you're severely under-estimating the quality of strippers to be found in Green Bay, Wisconsin. And under-estimating the level of strip clubs to be found in the middle of nowhere... I mean, why do you think towns out there even exist?

There's a lot of underrated talent out there... and McKinnie will make it his mission to find it. Laughing Laughing Laughing

Okay, well is there perhaps a franchise in Amish Country?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diamondbull424 wrote:
Mancunian Raven wrote:

As a resident of a Midwest area similar to that of Green Bay, I can attest to the truth of this statement.
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mancunian Raven wrote:
diamondbull424 wrote:
Mancunian Raven wrote:

Okay, well is there perhaps a franchise in Amish Country?

Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diamondbull424 wrote:
Mancunian Raven wrote:

Well, mckinnie doesn't have to work to find the talent in Baltimore. I completely mistakenly wandered into scores in Baltimore on accident the other night for a buddies birthday and the talent was pretty top notch. Shocked

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just watching the NFLN highlights I can tell McKinnie stunk it up today. Holy crap that was horrible. Every single highlight was him getting beat and either Joe getting sacked, Joe throwing a pick, or Joe making a great throw under pressure.

GET HIM OUT AND GET MONROE IN ASAP!
wackywabbit

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Just watching the NFLN highlights I can tell McKinnie stunk it up today. Holy crap that was horrible. Every single highlight was him getting beat and either Joe getting sacked, Joe throwing a pick, or Joe making a great throw under pressure.

GET HIM OUT AND GET MONROE IN ASAP!

Ugh... 18 QB hits on Flacco in the last 2 weeks. We can't take for granted how much value Flacco has given us by just being healthy and available (outside maybe that 2009 playoff run). We can't risk losing that with one of these many shots he's taking.

Joekel is out for the season for the Jaguars, but no takebacks!!!
coordinator0

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Integrity wrote:
Good thing we made the trade when we did. Luke Joeckel may be injured.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/10/06/jaguars-luke-joeckel-carted-off/

Thank you Ozzie for your impeccable timing.
DontTazeMeBro

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He says he's ready. Dancing

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Eugene-Monroe-Im-Ready-To-Go-vs-Packers/aa66e2fc-a829-4605-9d53-63185306a40c

So excited about what this offense can do. Especially if Jacoby gets back on the field.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8

Jump to: