Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jaguars trade OT Eugene Monroe to Baltimore
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diamondbull424 wrote:
sp6488 wrote:
diamondbull424 wrote:
Well yeah, I switch my tune. I didn't think he could be up-to-speed so quickly.

And the last two weeks McKinnie has looked worse than ever. There really is no way Monroe could be worse than what we saw from McKinnie in the Dolphins game. He was truly pathetic.

The Dolphins would be foolish to trade for him as he was worse than their OT options... though I hope they do.

We would have won twice in one week. Smile

I don't know. Their tackles both got abused on the bull rush.

And McKinnie got abused as well.. at best, it's a sideways move for them. But honestly, I still think McKinnie looked worse. Their tackles gave Tannehill a few drives where he looked clean for a good amount of time... whereas between McKinnie and Gino, pressure was getting to Flacco on virtually every play... even though the sacks don't support it. I just think Flacco is one of the best QBs in the league at getting the ball out there right before he takes a hit. And his pocket presence has really improved as well. Just a few years ago, Flacco would have NEVER been able to play behind this line and have success.

As an aside, the one GOOD thing that I can say about McKinnie is that he rarely, if ever, gets beaten to the inside at least. That was a problem with Oher at LT. As a QB you just can't account for that type of pressure. At least McKinnie, in his horribleness, gives Flacco a pocket... even if it's only a pocket that he can hold for 2.5s... which allows Flacco to step around into the pocket more confidently.

I just read your post and I have to point out to you that on Flacco's completion to Doss against Miami (the 40 yard one), McKinnie was instantly beat to the inside and that's where the pressure got to Flacco from.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Monroe says he's ready to go, I'll trust him. Whatever the case, he can't be worse than McKinnie.

And I like the mention in the article that he's been studying game film in his spare time, but also that Gradkowski joined him. Hopefully that's an indicator that Gino knows he needs to improve, and is doing his very best to do just that.

If that O-line steadies up, and Joe gets Jacoby and Marlon back, then this offense could finally start to motor like we hoped it would. And we should see some things.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8

Jump to: