Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

GDT: Chiefs(4-0) @ Titans(3-1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 62, 63, 64, 65  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
titans0021


Moderator
Joined: 21 Jan 2007
Posts: 26428
Location: Props to Smack on the sig
PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thelonebillsfan wrote:
titans0021 wrote:
Thelonebillsfan wrote:
Sorry you guys are stuck with Fitzy for another couple months.

He's exactly what you saw today. "Man what a great throw! Such a gutty... THE HELL WAS THAT RYAN NOW THEY HAVE THE BALL INSIDE OUR 40!"

Expect that. A lot.
Really, sounds like it will only be two more games. Jake should/hopefully will be back after the bye.


Wow, that's great actually. I thought it was supposed to be 6-8 weeks?
Was the initial report by someone outside of the organization. Later was 4-8 weeks, now 4-6 weeks. 5 weeks from the Sunday it happened is the Rams game coming out of the bye. Though with the Rams and Jaguars the first two games coming out of the bye, we may rest him an extra week, let him come back to get some of the rest out against Jacksonville before we play Indy. But yeah, shouldn't be more than three more games regardless.
_________________

2014 Adopt-a-Titans
1. Justin Hunter, WR - 3 receptions, 63 yards, 0 touchdowns
2. Brian Schwenke, C.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
lamont


Joined: 01 Feb 2008
Posts: 3869
Location: tennessee
PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another tough loss. I didn't have high expectations for this game honestly, so I am not that upset. Fitz is who I thought he was and that is he cannot carry this team to a victory. The interception on the throw to Wright, he should have checked down to CJ. He got greedy and the ball sailed on him a little.

ATV dropped 2 interceptions, that could have stopped drives. The Fokou penalty was avoidable. You have to realize that the refs were going to call that on the Titans. Especially with NFL media darling "Big Red" on the opposite sideline.

Munch should have kicked the FG in the 1st half instead of going for it on 4th down. Going in 10-3 at the half would have been better mentally than down 13-0. To the team's credit they did come out and put up a fight in the 3rd quarter.

Reynaud and Williams are both at fault on that 1st TD. It wasn't that loud in the stadium at that time that Williams could not hear Reynaud giving the "get away" call IF reynaud even gave the call?

The defense played well enough to win that game. I hope they keep it up the next 2 weeks. The interior OL is a joke. I wanted Poe in last year's draft and he looked like Fat Albert yesterday against Turner & Warmack.

I didn't like seeing Jake on crutches yesterday. I think the 4 week time table is not going to happen. I hope I am wrong. Pray

Kenny Britt.. wow.. I said bench him 2 weeks ago. Roll with Wright, Washington, Hunter, Williams & Preston. Kevin Walter should be coming off IR next week? Speaking of WRs, Nate could have fought harder for the ball on that interception.

What happened to Morgan? I know Sensabaugh had a concussion. Edwards and Campbell filled in nicely in their places in the 2nd half.

Seattle is beatable but it is going to take a great effort from the offense and Loggains. The defense is playing well enough to beat any QB that they face this year other than five head.

I said it 2 weeks ago and I will say it again. Bironas needs some competition. REAL competition. He is not reliable anymore.
_________________

**The #1 reason the Titans are my favorite team is #9. -- R.I.P Steve "Air" McNair**
Shout out to NS922 on da sig


Last edited by lamont on Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
KingTitan


Joined: 10 Mar 2006
Posts: 10484
Location: Nashville,TN
PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^Morgan said he got his arm bent crazy on a play.....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
lamont


Joined: 01 Feb 2008
Posts: 3869
Location: tennessee
PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:
^^Morgan said he got his arm bent crazy on a play.....


Thanks for the info. The seahawks play a 4-3. The Titans have faced 3-4 defenses thus far this season. Maybe the run game can get some runs outside this week? That is partly the reason the titans have been running inside all season is that it is harder to run outside on a 3-4 defense with active OLBs.
_________________

**The #1 reason the Titans are my favorite team is #9. -- R.I.P Steve "Air" McNair**
Shout out to NS922 on da sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
KingTitan


Joined: 10 Mar 2006
Posts: 10484
Location: Nashville,TN
PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thinking about it some more.

This team is still on pace for about a 10 win season. We do need those "lucky" bounces to go our way.

We need Verner to catch those INTs
We need the ball not to bounce and hit Williams
We need Fokou not to be called for a personal fould
We need Britt to catch, catchable passes.

If any of those things happen, 90-95% chance we win that game.

Fitz played well enough for us to win, defense played well enough for us to win, but when those outside factors like the ones above happen, without Locker, it's likely going to be bad for us.

I'm not gloom and doom going into these next games.

It will be hard to win in Seattle. They just lost so they going to be ready for a win.
The 49ers game isn't hopeless either. I know it don't work this way, but we played well against the Texans and Kap could harldy complete a pass against them.

We get them at home.

Clean up the mistakes, bench Britt and we are in these games.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
lamont


Joined: 01 Feb 2008
Posts: 3869
Location: tennessee
PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:
Thinking about it some more.

This team is still on pace for about a 10 win season. We do need those "lucky" bounces to go our way.

We need Verner to catch those INTs
We need the ball not to bounce and hit Williams
We need Fokou not to be called for a personal fould
We need Britt to catch, catchable passes.

If any of those things happen, 90-95% chance we win that game.

Fitz played well enough for us to win, defense played well enough for us to win, but when those outside factors like the ones above happen, without Locker, it's likely going to be bad for us.

I'm not gloom and doom going into these next games.

It will be hard to win in Seattle. They just lost so they going to be ready for a win.
The 49ers game isn't hopeless either. I know it don't work this way, but we played well against the Texans and Kap could harldy complete a pass against them.

We get them at home.

Clean up the mistakes, bench Britt and we are in these games.


From your keyboard to Loggains ears.

Quote:
Following Sunday's Week 5 loss to the Chiefs, Titans OC Dowell Loggains had sharp criticism for Kenny Britt. Working as the No. 3 wideout, Britt had one catch for nine yards. "We're gonna have to reassess everything at this point. We'll evaluate after we watch the tape," Loggains said. "Obviously, I'm not gonna hide anything. He had probably three drops in the game." Loggains was asked if Britt's potential is starting to dry up. "Potential just means you haven't done anything," he responded.


Britt is not the only reason the team lost, but he is large part of it. The coaching staff to their own fault is trying to rehab Britt's trade value by putting him in yesterday and asking him to make plays. This mental midget doesn't realize he is auditioning for a new team and could not come thru again. I bet he will stay off twitter now. Rolling Eyes
_________________

**The #1 reason the Titans are my favorite team is #9. -- R.I.P Steve "Air" McNair**
Shout out to NS922 on da sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
KingTitan


Joined: 10 Mar 2006
Posts: 10484
Location: Nashville,TN
PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lamont wrote:

Quote:
Following Sunday's Week 5 loss to the Chiefs, Titans OC Dowell Loggains had sharp criticism for Kenny Britt. Working as the No. 3 wideout, Britt had one catch for nine yards. "We're gonna have to reassess everything at this point. We'll evaluate after we watch the tape," Loggains said. "Obviously, I'm not gonna hide anything. He had probably three drops in the game." Loggains was asked if Britt's potential is starting to dry up. "Potential just means you haven't done anything," he responded.


Britt is not the only reason the team lost, but he is large part of it. The coaching staff to their own fault is trying to rehab Britt's trade value by putting him in yesterday and asking him to make plays. This mental midget doesn't realize he is auditioning for a new team and could not come thru again. I bet he will stay off twitter now. Rolling Eyes


I'm just all for benching players that are making costly mistakes. Personal fouls, missing blocks, drops, fumbles, INTs....any of that stuff should get you a seat on the pine.

Britt all the "potential" in the world, but he is mentally shot at this point.
I want other guys in there. Williams isn't a world beater but he will catch a pass his way.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Titans fan 617


Joined: 12 Jul 2008
Posts: 10057
Location: BeanTown
PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a point on Fokous hit i keep hearing people say "Well the refs are gonna call that stuff" if anyone remembers Locker running and sliding out of bounds in Houston he got blasted and there was no call so when is it really gonna be called? Brady Manning Rivers Rodgers Brees and when your teams 4-0?
_________________

Sig by daboyle250

TITANIA FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPIONSHIPS
*2011

Shaun Phillips: 4 Tackles

Ropati Pitoitua: 5 Tackles 2 Assist 1 Sack
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Rumless


Joined: 01 Sep 2012
Posts: 1517
Location: Chiefs Kingdom
PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ockham wrote:
Without a bonehead special teams play, a questionable coaches decision, a phantom personal foul call and a kicker who's lost his edge, the score would have been 25-12 Titans.

There were a lot of penalties that shouldn't have been called on both sides. I think you're overlooking a lot.
_________________
[quote="aceinthehouse"]I personally do NOT think Lewis is the Greatest MLBer ever.

In fact, I'm not sure he's better than our very own London Fletcher.[/quote]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ttitansfan4life


Joined: 30 Dec 2009
Posts: 24757
Location: Delaware
PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why are people so down on Bironas after that kick? The kick was clearly rushed and it wouldn't of mattered anyway considering there was only 2 seconds left on the clock. He's not the Bironas of old where he can hit a 55+ yarder everytime but he's still one of the best kickers in the league. Blaming anything on Bironas is a joke.

We blew the game and its that simple. The blunder on special teams and not scoring from the 1 yard line on 4 downs is why we lost. Sure the penalty on Fokou shouldn't of been called but the refs in general sucked yesterday on both sides. It doesn't get any easier from here. I said we'd be lucky to get 1 win out of these 3. Looking at the remaining schedule...

@ Seahawks - L - 3-3
49ers - L - 3-4
@ Rams - W - 4-4
Jags - W - 5-4
Colts - W - 6-4
@ Raiders - W - 7-4
@ Colts - L - 7-5
@ Broncos - L - 7-6
Cardinals - W - 8-6
@ Jags - W - 9-6
Texans - W - 10-6

That's my final prediction for the season assuming Locker comes back and continues to progress. The running game has to get on track and I think it'll get better once Greene gets healthy. The run defense needs to improve as well and I believe it will once Hill gets back. The team needs to get healthy and improve this running game because its beyond pathetic. I don't think this team will just roll over if their record becomes a losing one like I predicted after the Seahawk and 49er games. Munch knows his job is at stake and he needs to have a winning record. A win against the Seahawks or 49ers would just be amazing at this point but I can't see us winning either one. Also we have to bench Britt or reduce his snaps big time. Give the snaps to Williams and Hunter. Hell, I'd rather have Preston on the field than Britt. He's a head case and he's just not into it. The season is still young and far from over. We can get hot once the team gets healthier and make the playoffs. They've let two wins slip away but it is what it is. I predicted 2-3 at this point so we're ahead of my prediction at least.
_________________
Adopt-A-Titan:
Bishop Sankey
DaQuan Jones
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
-Hope-


Joined: 16 Feb 2007
Posts: 21329
Location: The []_[]
PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, this is what we've got left:

@ Seahawks
49ers
@ Rams
Jags
Colts
@ Raiders
@ Colts
@ Broncos
Cardinals
@ Jags
Texans

Eking out a win with Fitzpatrick against either the Seahawks or 49ers, while unlikely, would be huge for our playoff chances. We can and should beat the Rams, Jags (x2), Raiders, and Cardinals (+5 wins). We REALLY need to split the Colts at the very least (+1 win). So if we grab a game against the Seahawks or 49ers, we're at 10 wins while not depending on beating the Broncos, sweeping the Colts, or beating the Texans week 17 (which, given the state of their team right now, we should do, but I won't discount the chance of them getting hot down the stretch).
_________________

skywindO2 wrote:
Never spit it out. Always power through it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
titans0021


Moderator
Joined: 21 Jan 2007
Posts: 26428
Location: Props to Smack on the sig
PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rumless wrote:
Ockham wrote:
Without a bonehead special teams play, a questionable coaches decision, a phantom personal foul call and a kicker who's lost his edge, the score would have been 25-12 Titans.

There were a lot of penalties that shouldn't have been called on both sides. I think you're overlooking a lot.
I think if you look over the past few pages, most of us are willingly admitting that there were some terrible calls both ways yesterday. The officials, in general, were horrible. But as Titans fans after our team lost a close game, of course we're going to focus on the garbage call that went against us in an incredibly crucial situation.
_________________

2014 Adopt-a-Titans
1. Justin Hunter, WR - 3 receptions, 63 yards, 0 touchdowns
2. Brian Schwenke, C.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
titans0021


Moderator
Joined: 21 Jan 2007
Posts: 26428
Location: Props to Smack on the sig
PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, despite my lack of faith in Chris Johnson breaking tackles, at some point we're going to need to have him in on some goal-line situations. We can't keep running Jackie Battle right up the middle over and over again. Even if he's 250 pounds, he simply doesn't have the acceleration to power through five linemen that already know what play is about to happen.
_________________

2014 Adopt-a-Titans
1. Justin Hunter, WR - 3 receptions, 63 yards, 0 touchdowns
2. Brian Schwenke, C.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
ttitansfan4life


Joined: 30 Dec 2009
Posts: 24757
Location: Delaware
PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titans0021 wrote:
Also, despite my lack of faith in Chris Johnson breaking tackles, at some point we're going to need to have him in on some goal-line situations. We can't keep running Jackie Battle right up the middle over and over again. Even if he's 250 pounds, he simply doesn't have the acceleration to power through five linemen that already know what play is about to happen.


That'll be Greenes job when he's back. CJ has the potential to lose a couple yards, Battle doesn't have the speed to hit the outside. Greene can hit the hole up the middle and cut it outside. He was looking good until the injury. I'm hoping he comes back real soon because this run game needs him.
_________________
Adopt-A-Titan:
Bishop Sankey
DaQuan Jones
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
titans0021


Moderator
Joined: 21 Jan 2007
Posts: 26428
Location: Props to Smack on the sig
PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Why are people so down on Bironas after that kick? The kick was clearly rushed and it wouldn't of mattered anyway considering there was only 2 seconds left on the clock. He's not the Bironas of old where he can hit a 55+ yarder everytime but he's still one of the best kickers in the league. Blaming anything on Bironas is a joke.
Probably because he's not the kicker he used to be. I used to have complete confidence whenever we sent him out there inside of 50 yards. I didn't have to worry that he'd miss a 32 yarder because he was rushed. He very, very rarely puts anything right down the middle these days, and while I guess that doesn't matter as long as he puts it between the uprights, he's just not drilling him the way I'd gotten used to seeing. And it's not like this is new. He was 26th in make-percentage last season.
_________________

2014 Adopt-a-Titans
1. Justin Hunter, WR - 3 receptions, 63 yards, 0 touchdowns
2. Brian Schwenke, C.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 62, 63, 64, 65  Next
Page 63 of 65

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group