Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Final Update: RB Da'rel Scott unclaimed on waivers... To IR
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Acgott

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and then he was gone

http://www.giants.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Giants-place-CB-Aaron-Ross-on-IR/3417f37c-90c0-4cd7-8610-b6b460406954
Acgott

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
No surprise here - with David Wilson ailing, the Giants will re-sign RB Da'Rel Scott, per source

https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/status/387342101286879232
Shockey1979

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yawn. Gotta be better backs out there we can bring in. I understand Scott knows the offense but he has very little talent. Waste of roster spot.

"Sundown, you better take care... if I find you been creepin' round my back stairs"
jacobsrules

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree. Im upset as hell we didnt sign McGahee. Stupid front office move. Id even venture to say at this point Turner amd Torain would be better options. I also think u could kick tires on Benson and Grant if their available. Id also like to see us sign Flynn and dump Painter. Id be more comfortable with Flynn over Pajnter if Eli goes down. I know he hasnt excelled but if we need someone for an extended time I think we have a way better chance with him. Ill be honest im losing faith that Reese really has a clue what hes doing.

A real LB Giant Pride
Thanks Shockey 1979
ESKY008

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jacobsrules wrote:
I agree. Im upset as hell we didnt sign McGahee. Stupid front office move. Id even venture to say at this point Turner amd Torain would be better options. I also think u could kick tires on Benson and Grant if their available. Id also like to see us sign Flynn and dump Painter. Id be more comfortable with Flynn over Pajnter if Eli goes down. I know he hasnt excelled but if we need someone for an extended time I think we have a way better chance with him. Ill be honest im losing faith that Reese really has a clue what hes doing.

Reece makes good cheap signings and is decent at drafting high picks. He seems to fail on big FAs and later rounds. I'm starting to think our past pass rush is starting to make everyone look better than they actually are.
dkebones

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ESKY008 wrote:
jacobsrules wrote:

Reece makes good cheap signings and is decent at drafting high picks. He seems to fail on big FAs and later rounds. I'm starting to think our past pass rush is starting to make everyone look better than they actually are.

i have zero confidence in Reese's pick-making past the second round...
Acgott

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and then he was gone again

Quote:
#Giants announced: Waived/injured RB Da'Rel Scott.

https://twitter.com/caplannfl/status/390206279215349760
GmenSeattle

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jacobsrules wrote:

Before you jump on Reese for "not signing McGahee" you have no idea what McGahee wanted in terms of compensation and you have no idea if he even wants to play on the Giants.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GmenSeattle wrote:
jacobsrules wrote:

Before you jump on Reese for "not signing McGahee" you have no idea what McGahee wanted in terms of compensation and you have no idea if he even wants to play on the Giants.

Well I mean he did come in for a workout didn't he? He must have had some interest.

So we have Jacobs and Cox on the active roster?

"Sundown, you better take care... if I find you been creepin' round my back stairs"
Shockey1979

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to a ESPN update I just got Giants looking to sign Peyton Hillis Laughing

edit: http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/9833322/new-york-giants-add-peyton-hillis-tryout

Acgott

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

he went unclaimed on waivers and is now on IR

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: