Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

RB next year.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
big_palooka

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ka'deem Carey is a guy I'm keeping an eye on.

Good all around back in the Gio Bernard mold. Has a shiftiness to his game that reminds me of Shady McCoy. Great vision in the open field.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:

Good all around back in the Gio Bernard mold. Has a shiftiness to his game that reminds me of Shady McCoy. Great vision in the open field.

I live in Tucson and been watching Ka'deem Carey since his CDO days and sadly he went to the UOFA but the kids talent is undeniableI like your comparison of Shady McCoy moves a lot like him. RB's are a dying breed in the NFL so I can see him going 2nd round.

One RB that I really like is Carlos Hyde big RB but I worry about his long distance speed. He is a monster after the first contact.

But I do believe Oakland should invest a draft pick on a RB
big_palooka

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

agarcia34 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:

I live in Tucson and been watching Ka'deem Carey since his CDO days and sadly he went to the UOFA but the kids talent is undeniableI like your comparison of Shady McCoy moves a lot like him. RB's are a dying breed in the NFL so I can see him going 2nd round.

One RB that I really like is Carlos Hyde big RB but I worry about his long distance speed. He is a monster after the first contact.

I think it's past due that the Raiders address the skill positions. There is young talent on the Online as it stands, so look to shore it up in FA.

But you look at the Raiders skill positions outside McFadden:

Moore - 5th round
Ford - 4th round
Streater - Undrafted
Criner - 5th round
Butler - 6th round
Ausberry - 7th round
Kasa - 6th round
Rivera - 5th round
Murray - 6th

It's been so long since Oakland has tried to address the skill positions. Looking at that list, is it any wonder the roster is lacking playmakers? They've found some nice role players, but nobody has popped yet.

I would be interested in how this regime evaluates playmakers at the skill positions early.

Fact is, if you are going to go w/ Pryor at QB he needs help at the skill positions. And if he doesn't improve, then 2015 the QB class will be better anyway. Hello Kevin Hogan you beautiful bastard!!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
agarcia34 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:

I think it's past due that the Raiders address the skill positions. There is young talent on the Online as it stands, so look to shore it up in FA.

Moore - 5th round
Ford - 4th round
Streater - Undrafted
Criner - 5th round
Butler - 6th round
Ausberry - 7th round
Kasa - 6th round
Rivera - 5th round
Murray - 6th

It's been so long since Oakland has tried to address the skill positions. Looking at that list, is it any wonder the roster is lacking playmakers? They've found some nice role players, but nobody has popped yet.

I would be interested in how this regime evaluates playmakers at the skill positions early.

Fact is, if you are going to go w/ Pryor at QB he needs help at the skill positions. And if he doesn't improve, then 2015 the QB class will be better anyway. Hello Kevin Hogan you beautiful bastard!!

Agree 100 percent.

They tried and failed with McFadden and DHB.

Moore has come around the past couple weeks and seems to be on the path he was on in his rookie year but I like him as a number 2 WR. Streater is a good WR but needs more chances. Oakland needs another WR Hakeem Nicks in FA but the nagging injury's do have to worry you about him. Kenny Britt loads of talent but needs to grow up. In the draft you have guys in the first round like Evans,Watkins and Lee second round like Allen Robinson or Jordan Matthews.

Oakland needs to spend draft picks on the skill positions. O-line woes will be fixed once Veldheer is healthy and Watson and Wiz, Need to get better guard play.

I wouldn't mind if Oakland went mostly Offense in this draft I would prefer to have the first 4 picks on the offense side of the ball.
agarcia34

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Side note anyone watch Melvin Gordon play? hard not to watch him and not think of J.Charles same running style.
Stix101

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

agarcia34 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:

+1 Hyde is a guy we could grab in the 5th-6th and id feel ok with him as the starter. But you'd need a air back to go with him
Rolni

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
agarcia34 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:

Moore - 5th round
Ford - 4th round
Streater - Undrafted
Criner - 5th round
Butler - 6th round
Ausberry - 7th round
Kasa - 6th round
Rivera - 5th round
Murray - 6th

Agreed big time.
We need a really good WR (Watkins, Evans, Matthews...) for TP or for the next QB project.
We could use a guy like Carey to complement the big Murray or Jennings we have
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not high on this year's RB class at all yet but I do like: Seastrunk, Hyde and Wilder.

Bonez wrote:
Teams that win Superbowls and make the playoffs aren't picking in the Top 5, clearly
CaribouLou

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

agarcia34 wrote:
Side note anyone watch Melvin Gordon play? hard not to watch him and not think of J.Charles same running style.

I mentioned him a couple of weeks back but he didn't get a good response, as he is just another Wisconsin back that won't do much in the NFL. But I LOVE his abilities. Great elusiveness and quickness, I love what he has to offer at the next level. Would be a dream for me if he came here.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CaribouLou wrote:
agarcia34 wrote:

I mentioned him a couple of weeks back but he didn't get a good response, as he is just another Wisconsin back that won't do much in the NFL. But I LOVE his abilities. Great elusiveness and quickness, I love what he has to offer at the next level. Would be a dream for me if he came here.

Honestly I'm one of those people that just watched him a little and said well he is just one of those Wincosin RB's But then I actually watch a couple of his games and you can't teach what this kid can do.
alex_93

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only problem with this year's WR class is that although they are undoubtably talented, there really isn't anyone who stands out as anything more than a slight upgrade on a player we already have or when it comes to big bodes receivers there is value in the 2nd and potentially 3rd round.

With our first pick I'd personally love to see Austin Seferian-Jenkins simply because he addresses our worst position by a mile, is a legit playmaker in a position that is becoming vital in today's league and what would help Pryor develop more than a big body we can really one over the middle to go up and get the ball or give him a target who will make plays for him. Pryor is obviously our guy as of now so lets get him a BFF.

Also if we do let DMac walk, I can't believe how lots of people on here think that a scrub league veteran or late round pick will give us a viable running game. Again we could potentially have a franchise QB on our hands so lets give him tools to succeed. We've got a D playing great ball on a shoestring budget so give him a running game to set up his offensive strengths. Seabrook or Carey as mentioned earlier I'd like also, especially as a 2nd round steal.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ASJ needs to start producing 185 yards in 5 games really uncalled for needs to have a bigger impact like he did last year. And his YPC is really not that impressive. 12.3 yards per catch last year and 11.6 this year.
CaribouLou

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

alex_93 wrote:
Also if we do let DMac walk, I can't believe how lots of people on here think that a scrub league veteran or late round pick will give us a viable running game. Again we could potentially have a franchise QB on our hands so lets give him tools to succeed. We've got a D playing great ball on a shoestring budget so give him a running game to set up his offensive strengths. Seabrook or Carey as mentioned earlier I'd like also, especially as a 2nd round steal.

Aside from the Jacksonville game McFadden hasn't given us a run game at all. His vision is terrible and always goes down on first contact and has little to no wiggle, just straight speed. Not saying he's not a threat for us, but a mid-round pick could literally be outplaying him at this point. Sucks Murray had to go down, really wanted to see what he can bring.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CaribouLou wrote:
alex_93 wrote:

Aside from the Jacksonville game McFadden hasn't given us a run game at all. His vision is terrible and always goes down on first contact and has little to no wiggle, just straight speed. Not saying he's not a threat for us, but a mid-round pick could literally be outplaying him at this point. Sucks Murray had to go down, really wanted to see what he can bring.

I agree that DMac isn't playing great ball and that's not the argument I'm trying to make. The point was I think it would be foolish to go into next season with a no name RB from a low draft pick or a FA scrub. Given how key it could be in Pryor's development I think he'd need more than a average running game to have a shot at getting anywhere near playoff football, heck maybe even .500.

I'm not necessarily saying throw money at an MJD type guy but if we could invest in a talented RB in the top 3 rounds that would be my ideal scenario. Looking at the trenches on O without the horrible injury scenario we have we look pretty solid on paper, we need playmakers in skill positions most obviously TE and RB.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone like Ronnie Brown would be a nice cheap alternative to Murray, Reece and Stewart

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 7 of 9

Jump to: