Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

RB next year.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Burgesskills

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

McFadden has poor vision and runs too upright. He doesn't make people miss and can't break tackles.

Hopefully Murray could stay healthy because he could be the perfect replacement.

McFadden will demand too much based on what he did at Arkansas and somebody, probably Jerry Jones will pay him too much. He'll end up with the Jets, Cowboys, or to really make us mad go to Denver.
Professor Oak

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I honestly think this is McFadden's last season as a Raider. It's hard to rely on someone when they are rarely available - no matter how talented they are. It's disappointing as a fan because the talent has always been there.

I wouldn't mind keeping him for cheap but I have a feeling Reggie will just want to move on.
Raidin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
Raidin wrote:

I don't think running backs are as easy to find as people make it out to be imo. Who would you get into replace him? The running back free agent list this year isn't great, lots of old guys who are injury prone and don't have the potential of McFadden. Drafting one to replace him immediately isn't a option either. Look through the list of those players who are top 10 backs and tell me how many of them produced in their first year, I'd say the number is very very small. Not to mention I could probably list about 20 running backs draft in rounds 3+ every year who've never made it in the nfl. The value of running back isn't as important, but that doesn't mean the ability to find a good one has become any easier.

I think we could get numerous people to replicate his 3.9 YPC this season. I doubt that would be difficult and I bet it could be done cheaper than McFadden will demand.

As for your top 10 thing.... well.... So far we have the following as our top ten:

McCoy - Was just fine his rookie season.
Foster - Didn't play but he did play well in limited fashion
Lynch - Was just fine
AD - Nothing needed
Gore - Just fine
Charles - Didn't play but did well when he got touches
Forte - Just fine
Murray - Limited role but was just fine
Martin - His was last year and we all remember that.
Williams - Yeah, he sucks. Shocked to see him at 10 anyway.

We can always name players who didn't make it, that's easy but it's the fact that many of the good ones have been found in later rounds also. This list above doesn't really go w/ that notion but if you look at past years and compare, I would consider this to be the exception unless my few times researching it were just lucky haha.

McFadden's production will be easy to duplicate and much cheaper. I see no need for him coming back. I know people love his potential and still think he's going to be good but how many years do we give him??

Very few would even be able to get close to his 3.9 ypc behind our oline though. I think your list says it all. The vast majority of those guys didn't start or were expected to be feature backs. So again, I'm wondering who we are going to get to be our number 1 back? I certainly hope Reggie isn't going to rely on some 4th+ round rookie considering they pretty much never produce to a sufficient level.
dawsonleery

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure Reggie wouldn't mind keeping him for the right price but I don't see the point, its best for both Raiders and McFadden to part ways.
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raidin wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
Raidin wrote:

I don't think running backs are as easy to find as people make it out to be imo. Who would you get into replace him? The running back free agent list this year isn't great, lots of old guys who are injury prone and don't have the potential of McFadden. Drafting one to replace him immediately isn't a option either. Look through the list of those players who are top 10 backs and tell me how many of them produced in their first year, I'd say the number is very very small. Not to mention I could probably list about 20 running backs draft in rounds 3+ every year who've never made it in the nfl. The value of running back isn't as important, but that doesn't mean the ability to find a good one has become any easier.

I think we could get numerous people to replicate his 3.9 YPC this season. I doubt that would be difficult and I bet it could be done cheaper than McFadden will demand.

As for your top 10 thing.... well.... So far we have the following as our top ten:

Lynch - Was just fine
AD - Nothing needed
Gore - Just fine
Forte - Just fine

We can always name players who didn't make it, that's easy but it's the fact that many of the good ones have been found in later rounds also. This list above doesn't really go w/ that notion but if you look at past years and compare, I would consider this to be the exception unless my few times researching it were just lucky haha.

McFadden's production will be easy to duplicate and much cheaper. I see no need for him coming back. I know people love his potential and still think he's going to be good but how many years do we give him??

Very few would even be able to get close to his 3.9 ypc behind our oline though. I think your list says it all. The vast majority of those guys didn't start or were expected to be feature backs. So again, I'm wondering who we are going to get to be our number 1 back? I certainly hope Reggie isn't going to rely on some 4th+ round rookie considering they pretty much never produce to a sufficient level.

I think every single one of those guys would get McFadden's 3.9 YPC. How are you concluding they wouldn't? Hell, even Jennings is getting 3.9. Why can't we have a RB by committee? Regardless, I honestly think we could punch in anyone back there at RB and get 3.9. The only thing McFadden gives us is the ability to throw passes and he's arguably thrown the best ball we've seen this season LOL.

PM sig requests.
Raidin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
Raidin wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
Raidin wrote:

Lynch - Was just fine
AD - Nothing needed
Gore - Just fine
Forte - Just fine

I think every single one of those guys would get McFadden's 3.9 YPC. How are you concluding they wouldn't? Hell, even Jennings is getting 3.9. Why can't we have a RB by committee? Regardless, I honestly think we could punch in anyone back there at RB and get 3.9. The only thing McFadden gives us is the ability to throw passes and he's arguably thrown the best ball we've seen this season LOL.

4th+ round rookies aren't able to carry the load for a season. I still have no idea who people would get to replace him. all I've heard is to get rid of him. Reggie should be sacked if he goes into next September with our running core as Jennings, Murray and late round rookie.
Stix101

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We should take the Packers approach (With RM, we probably will) draft two RBs in rounds 2-5 and hope one sticks. Lacy is looking like the real deal. Our draft should be focused on improving the running game, with Oline and RB. As well as sprinkle some BPA in there. I dont think FA is the answer, at least not this season.
Raidin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stix101 wrote:
We should take the Packers approach (With RM, we probably will) draft two RBs in rounds 2-5 and hope one sticks. Lacy is looking like the real deal. Our draft should be focused on improving the running game, with Oline and RB. As well as sprinkle some BPA in there. I dont think FA is the answer, at least not this season.

Easy approach to take when your QB in Rodgers tbh.
Darbsk

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raidin wrote:
4th+ round rookies aren't able to carry the load for a season. I still have no idea who people would get to replace him. all I've heard is to get rid of him. Reggie should be sacked if he goes into next September with our running core as Jennings, Murray and late round rookie.

That's a bit harsh. Kind of depends on who the rookie is I guess - Terrell Davis or Arian Foster would be ok Very Happy . Also, if we bolster the OL then a couple low key backs grinding out the yards behind Watson, Veldheer, Wiz and (for example) John Asamoah would probably be quite effective. We'll also have that rangy QB of ours running all over the place.
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raidin wrote:

Sure they could. It's just that they don't normally get that opportunity due to draft placement. Ryan Grant came into his first season after almost dying and handled it quite well. There are other examples also I'm sure but he is the one that comes to mind b/c it's pretty memorable.

PM sig requests.
big_palooka

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly.... I am all for blowing up the offense (ala the defense last offseason). Right now the only players I am keeping are:

Veldheer - Obvious franchise LT
Wiz - Adequate C who can play multiple spots
Watson - Too further evaluate
Streater - Decent role play WR who might thrive w/ a better QB
Reece - Would thrive in a better offense.

Onto the offseason. Ford, McFadden I let hit the open market. Hope to get compensatory pick for McFadden. Or, better yet I trade McFadden before the trade deadline. I'm also moving Moore in the offseason (too inconsistent for my liking).

Now I build the Oline at the G spot. Find decent starting talent, no need to break the bank. This happens in FA to assure day 1 starters. Also looking for a go to WR to help the QB in FA.

Draft. I'm looking at skill positions across the board. I want WRs and RBs who can make a difference in 2-3 years. I want an air back change of pace (Woodhead type) and a decent between the tackles runner to pair w/ him.

I am looking hard at WR early (been too long sing Oakland's had a great WR). Look at how as crappy as the Jags are, what Blackmon brings to them.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
Honestly.... I am all for blowing up the offense (ala the defense last offseason). Right now the only players I am keeping are:

Onto the offseason. Ford, McFadden I let hit the open market. Hope to get compensatory pick for McFadden. Or, better yet I trade McFadden before the trade deadline. I'm also moving Moore in the offseason (too inconsistent for my liking).

Now I build the Oline at the G spot. Find decent starting talent, no need to break the bank. This happens in FA to assure day 1 starters. Also looking for a go to WR to help the QB in FA.

Draft. I'm looking at skill positions across the board. I want WRs and RBs who can make a difference in 2-3 years. I want an air back change of pace (Woodhead type) and a decent between the tackles runner to pair w/ him.

I am looking hard at WR early (been too long sing Oakland's had a great WR). Look at how as crappy as the Jags are, what Blackmon brings to them.

Sammy Watkins Pray
Raidin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
Raidin wrote:

Sure they could. It's just that they don't normally get that opportunity due to draft placement. Ryan Grant came into his first season after almost dying and handled it quite well. There are other examples also I'm sure but he is the one that comes to mind b/c it's pretty memorable.

There are far more latavius murray's than Ryan Grant's in the nfl though. It would be disaster if we basically hitched our wagon a late round rookie to come in and produce straight away.
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raidin wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
Raidin wrote:

There are far more latavius murray's than Ryan Grant's in the nfl though. It would be disaster if we basically hitched our wagon a late round rookie to come in and produce straight away.

To be fair, we have no clue what we have in Murray haha but you're right. While Grant is the exception, there are far more of them in the RB situation than there are for other positions. CB and WR come next.

PM sig requests.
DirtyHarry

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:

Ding ding ding ^^^^ I want to revamp the receiving core. I know we have some young guys but we need a stud. Some won't agree but I really want Hakeem Nicks.

JonesDrew32 wrote:
38-10 Chargers

This game should definitely bring some lulz from the Raiders side.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 6 of 9

Jump to: