Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

RB next year.
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
drfrey13

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 1:56 pm    Post subject: RB next year. Reply with quote

Let me start by saying I am a huge fan of McFadden when he is on the field. I even bought my son his jersey. However it looks like the injury bug may be striking again. Hurt hamstrings can linger and if he misses significant time again do you see the Raiders letting him walk next year? I personally would not mind seeing what Ben Tate can do in a full time role i just do not know if he is purely a zone blocking system back. i would also like to see if they could get Franklin from Green Bay for a late round pick. I am a UCLA fan also. If you think they go the college rout who do you think they go for.
Jamethus92

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm thinking they will let McFadden hobble his way into FA.

In that scenario, I'd like to resign Jennings and go with some combination of him/Latavius Murray and a rookie. But MJD will also be a free agent and I think that might be a good fit for a while while we develop a younger RB.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jamethus92 wrote:
I'm thinking they will let McFadden hobble his way into FA.

In that scenario, I'd like to resign Jennings and go with some combination of him/Latavius Murray and a rookie. But MJD will also be a free agent and I think that might be a good fit for a while while we develop a younger RB.

I would cringe if we brought in MJD. RBs are a dime a dozen. I would hope our management wouldn't bring in a RB who will be 29 w/ a lot of miles on those tires that would demand a big pay day

PM sig requests.
TiberiusRising

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya I think only big name RB we would sign is McFadden.

I dont think they are going to put as much value on RB's anymore like other teams. Murray should be good. That kid from Cal Poly may have improved by then and we can get running backs late rounds UDFA. Probably the least of my concerns next year. Truth is not hard to replace a guy that is never really there.
big_palooka

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Time to move on with the McFadden experiment IMO. Aside from the obvious injury issues, he seems to struggle making people miss. A good back can create and find space. If the hole isn't open for him, he doesn't produce or create.

His goal line production is nil normally as well.

As for what to do w/ the position RBs are a dime a dozen. Let's see what Murray brings next year. Pick up another RB along the way to compete. Jennings is a solid enough vet.

Maybe add an air back to the offense (because they are fun).

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This isn't directed at you dr. but the difference between those who can evaluate and those who can't is having the ability to project vs those "I need to see for myself". I'm frustrated because a few us suggested trading DMC 2 years ago when his value was high and the NFL hadn't turned the corner on RBs. (where is rundmc21 these days anyways? who doesn't know football now?) There is a ton of luck involved however some make more calculated guesses than others. You would think those that miss ALL the time would take notice. I come to this board for one reason and one reason only. I've noticed that my Kung Fu (ie: evaluating ability) has grown stronger over the last 18 months. For some reason I'm missing less. I don't care why but I think battling with some of the knuckleheads here has sharpened my eye maybe. I appreciate the guys that really get after you. (Dessie, Dark, oakdb don't ever stop fighting for what you believe in)

Here's the short of it. You don't NEED a premium RB to win. However, you STILL need to run the football AND a strong running game is cover for a developing QB. Examine how ALL the teams with promising young QBs are built. For all this talk of running QBs nearly all of teams projected to make the playoffs either have a premium QB (Brady, Brees, Manning, Rogers) or they run the ball. The Raiders will be FINE at running back with Jennings, Stewart & Murray. Personally, I'm not that high on Murray. He runs too high but he is speedy. This draft I was bananas about Christine Michael whose measureables & film (as short as it was) was off the charts. Seattle drafted him in the 2nd despite RB not being a need and by reports they are REALLY high on him.

The RB I like 2014 is Wilder, Jr. He has uncanny balance and tackle breaking ability. However, he is no where NEAR as elusive as Michael. Wilder can block and can play special teams. However, I have backed off of him a little because he has a chronic bum shoulder (but no lower body injuries) and has had number of minor skirmishes with the law. Currently projected as a 3rd rounder but rumors of alcoholism will cause him to slip in the draft. I have Wilder as a 5th or 6th rounder.
ZoomWaffle

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I honestly don't see us resigning McFadden. I think his injury history combined with the money he will likely ask for will seal his fate. I would rather bring in Blount and let him, Murray, Jennings, and Reece duke it out for touches. Blount was a knucklehead, but he has stayed pretty clean lately. He may have been unable to beat out Doug Martin, but not many guys would. Reuniting him with Olson and giving him a good shot at starting could be just what he needs to get his mojo back.

Silver&Black88 on the sig

La_Vader wrote:
I wouldn't trade Pryor for any prospect in this years draft. Quote me on that
TiberiusRising

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow not great player but Giants just released DaRel Scott. Was doing pretty good this year thus far.
cdUbs14

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depending on how long he is out and his productivity this year I say re-sign him if its cheap. It would be good to have him for insurance just incase we can't fill the void in the draft or FA.

Personally I feel like you can get a solid back in any round but I want to see what we have in Murray as well (hopefully he isn't injury prone like McFadden as well Rolling Eyes )

Sig by me PM for one
Chali21

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly I want to see us sign guards before we sign one of these lame RBs. Without a good line our rbs won't go anywhere.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:
This isn't directed at you dr. but the difference between those who can evaluate and those who can't is having the ability to project vs those "I need to see for myself". I'm frustrated because a few us suggested trading DMC 2 years ago when his value was high and the NFL hadn't turned the corner on RBs. (where is rundmc21 these days anyways? who doesn't know football now?) There is a ton of luck involved however some make more calculated guesses than others. You would think those that miss ALL the time would take notice. I come to this board for one reason and one reason only. I've noticed that my Kung Fu (ie: evaluating ability) has grown stronger over the last 18 months. For some reason I'm missing less. I don't care why but I think battling with some of the knuckleheads here has sharpened my eye maybe. I appreciate the guys that really get after you. (Dessie, Dark, oakdb don't ever stop fighting for what you believe in)

Here's the short of it. You don't NEED a premium RB to win. However, you STILL need to run the football AND a strong running game is cover for a developing QB. Examine how ALL the teams with promising young QBs are built. For all this talk of running QBs nearly all of teams projected to make the playoffs either have a premium QB (Brady, Brees, Manning, Rogers) or they run the ball. The Raiders will be FINE at running back with Jennings, Stewart & Murray. Personally, I'm not that high on Murray. He runs too high but he is speedy. This draft I was bananas about Christine Michael whose measureables & film (as short as it was) was off the charts. Seattle drafted him in the 2nd despite RB not being a need and by reports they are REALLY high on him.

The RB I like 2014 is Wilder, Jr. He has uncanny balance and tackle breaking ability. However, he is no where NEAR as elusive as Michael. Wilder can block and can play special teams. However, I have backed off of him a little because he has a chronic bum shoulder (but no lower body injuries) and has had number of minor skirmishes with the law. Currently projected as a 3rd rounder but rumors of alcoholism will cause him to slip in the draft. I have Wilder as a 5th or 6th rounder.
wilder was my fav rb in NCAA last year haven't kept up with him this year. His off the field stuff scares me but if he can get right like marshawn (who I think he kinda runs like) he will be a solid nfl back. Ps jake matts> Taylor haha

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN > all of you

Raider X wrote:
This is football, not pussology 101
RaisinBran

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would be cool if we somehow got Ben Tate. Doubt it'll happen though haha

(NFL)=Raiders, (MLB)=A's, (NBA)= Warriors
agarcia34

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ben Tate is gonna get paid!!

I don't think MJD will demand a lot of money last year and this year is gonna really hurt him in FA.Plus maybe get a home town discount.
agarcia34

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chali21 wrote:
Honestly I want to see us sign guards before we sign one of these lame RBs. Without a good line our rbs won't go anywhere.

That's the thing the FA market for OG's look weak. Aside from the OG from KC Asamoah there really isn't much there from what I remember. Gonna have to draft one.
BigD1123

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would use Stew and Murray and maybe an undrafted guy next year. But if I was gonna draft a rb high (which I dont agree with) I would wait a yr. The 15 Draft should be a pretty deep rb draft and id try to go after Gurley(my fave ncaa rb) talk about a beast

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 1 of 9

Jump to: