You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.


 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

RB next year.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
EricAllen21


Joined: 28 May 2013
Posts: 3289
Location: Fresno, California
PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about
Lamichael James? Has been inactive for games on the 9ers, 3rd in the depth chart. Has potential worse case could be a 3rd down back. I would offer a late round pick. Plus we will likely get a couple late round comp picks for Wheeler, Bryant and a pick for Palmer
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ch8878


Joined: 12 Mar 2012
Posts: 2620
PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EricAllen21 wrote:
ch8878 wrote:
Not saying they are the answer, but here are other teams Practice Squad RB's:

Jawan Jamison
Kendall Gaskins
Matthew Tucker
Steven Miller
Jewel Hampton
Daniel Herron


Anyone worth a look?


Kendall Gaskins (Titans) or Jewel Hampton (49ers) maybe, they are on the PS of RB deep teams.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
riceraider8080


Joined: 17 Jan 2007
Posts: 6496
Location: Missoula, Montana
PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we take a back next year, I pray it's Lache Seastrunk. But as a whole, the RB class for 2014 is pretty woeful...

I think we'll sign a RB next offseason...

Ben Tate, Ahmad Bradshaw, Darren McFadden, Maurice Jones-Drew, and James Starks are all UFAs who could be good in 2014. We'll obvi run a committee approach but if we could land one of them and get a 3rd down back we'd be ok IMO. Add in Reece, Pryor, and an upgraded O-line and we'll be fine...
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
big_palooka


Joined: 30 Mar 2006
Posts: 25678
Location: ATL
PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You all recall we drafted Latavius Murray this year right? There shouldn't be a need to draft a RB in 2014.

As far as PS players, Miguel Maysonet is a guy the Raiders looked at who is on the SD PS at the moment.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
big_palooka


Joined: 30 Mar 2006
Posts: 25678
Location: ATL
PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EricAllen21 wrote:
What about
Lamichael James? Has been inactive for games on the 9ers, 3rd in the depth chart. Has potential worse case could be a 3rd down back. I would offer a late round pick. Plus we will likely get a couple late round comp picks for Wheeler, Bryant and a pick for Palmer


Palmer was traded.

I like James being an Oregon guy. I'd be interested in what he can do in the NFL. It's odd he's not getting chances in SF w/ his skill set. He needs to be in an offense similar to the Lions in a Reggie Bush role.

If the Raiders opened up the offense more and had a place for an air back, he'd be a guy I want.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dawsonleery


Joined: 31 Oct 2012
Posts: 1082
PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its time to move on from McFadden. His run in Oakland has been disappointing to say the least. Maybe he'll find success somewhere else but Raiders wanna be a team that can run the ball and control the clock. DMC is good for about 5 good games a year. This is not worth money.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NCOUGHMAN


Joined: 25 Mar 2008
Posts: 16670
Location: Stockton via East Palo Alto
PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
You all recall we drafted Latavius Murray this year right? There shouldn't be a need to draft a RB in 2014.

As far as PS players, Miguel Maysonet is a guy the Raiders looked at who is on the SD PS at the moment.
murray isn't exactly reliable so far
_________________
green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN > all of you


Raider X wrote:
This is football, not pussology 101
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RaiderX


Joined: 04 Jan 2007
Posts: 24271
Location: Crown Town, CA
PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

McFadden and Jennings back at practice today.
_________________

SaveourSonics wrote:
Yea, RaiderX wins. We can all just top acting like this is a matter of opinion. MY GOD.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
ZoomWaffle


Joined: 25 Apr 2010
Posts: 5799
Location: United Kingdom
PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
EricAllen21 wrote:
What about
Lamichael James? Has been inactive for games on the 9ers, 3rd in the depth chart. Has potential worse case could be a 3rd down back. I would offer a late round pick. Plus we will likely get a couple late round comp picks for Wheeler, Bryant and a pick for Palmer


Palmer was traded.

I like James being an Oregon guy. I'd be interested in what he can do in the NFL. It's odd he's not getting chances in SF w/ his skill set. He needs to be in an offense similar to the Lions in a Reggie Bush role.

If the Raiders opened up the offense more and had a place for an air back, he'd be a guy I want.


+1

If Murray can put it all together, I would love to see what a backfield of him, James, and Reece could do.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ch8878


Joined: 12 Mar 2012
Posts: 2620
PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Raiders worked out free agent RBs Montario Hardesty, Keiland Williams and Jonathan Grimes.

Darren McFadden (hamstring) and Rashad Jennings (hamstring) are both questionable for Sunday's game at Kansas City. That leaves only Marcel Reece and Jeremy Stewart as healthy backs on the active roster. If one of this uninspiring free agent trio ends up signed, we'll know the Raiders expect DMC and Jennings to sit.


Montario Hardesty looked good his rookie year, but has been on IR ever since.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
riceraider8080


Joined: 17 Jan 2007
Posts: 6496
Location: Missoula, Montana
PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCOUGHMAN wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
You all recall we drafted Latavius Murray this year right? There shouldn't be a need to draft a RB in 2014.

As far as PS players, Miguel Maysonet is a guy the Raiders looked at who is on the SD PS at the moment.
murray isn't exactly reliable so far


Seriously? Why're people acting like an unproven, injury-prone, 6th round pick is the long term answer to our RB position?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
big_palooka


Joined: 30 Mar 2006
Posts: 25678
Location: ATL
PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

riceraider8080 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
You all recall we drafted Latavius Murray this year right? There shouldn't be a need to draft a RB in 2014.

As far as PS players, Miguel Maysonet is a guy the Raiders looked at who is on the SD PS at the moment.
murray isn't exactly reliable so far


Seriously? Why're people acting like an unproven, injury-prone, 6th round pick is the long term answer to our RB position?


Who said anything about long term answer? Just that he should get a shot at some point. No need to waste a pick on a RB when they are a dime a dozen and the FO drafted Murray last year.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dreadymatt


Joined: 05 Feb 2010
Posts: 1039
Location: Saturn
PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

we can't waste anything other than a very late round draft pick on a RB in 2014. With Murray, Jennings, Stewart (who showed some nice glimpses last year) and Reece I'm ok with this, particularly if a cheap FA is also brought in to compete. Draft OL and DL heavy in 2014
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Baggabonez


Joined: 29 Apr 2010
Posts: 8060
Location: RaiderNation
PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dawsonleery wrote:
Its time to move on from McFadden. His run in Oakland has been disappointing to say the least. Maybe he'll find success somewhere else but Raiders wanna be a team that can run the ball and control the clock. DMC is good for about 5 good games a year. This is not worth money.


No one can see the future but the frustration here is that a few us said this two years ago when he still had trade value. Befuddling, but some STILL want to give DMC a raise for the few games he does play in.
_________________
Nodisrespect wrote:
(on building inside out) teams without highly draft DT's make the playoffs and win the superbowl regularly.

Bonez wrote:
Teams that win Superbowls and make the playoffs aren't picking in the Top 5, clearly
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Raidin


Joined: 05 Mar 2007
Posts: 5711
Location: Dublin
PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I doubt any team offers DMAC a lot of money after the last two years. If that's the case I'd be happy enough to sign him up for relatively cheap.
_________________
raidr4life wrote:
Imagine if EricAllen21 posted better. Just imagine.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 4 of 9

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group