You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Zach Mettenberger is a First Round Lock
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
alfalcone

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:37 pm    Post subject: Zach Mettenberger is a First Round Lock Reply with quote

We need to discuss the fact that Zach Mettenberger has played his way into the first round, and could possibly be the first quarterback taken. He's playing in an NFL style system, has a monster arm, and prototypical size. He's thrived against the best competition in college football, and will be a first round pick come April. I don't think its out of the realm of possibility for Mettenberger to be the first QB selected. Hundley has a long delivery, Manziel is undersized, Bridgewater has quite frankly gotten overhyped to this point, I'm neither a fan of Boyd nor Mariota, and McCarron hasn't dealt with any adversity.
Tacos

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like his arm, I'll give him that.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's a good Air Coryell fit, but the Browns won't be picking Zach Mettenberger, and I'm struggling to find the fit around the NFL. Maybe Houston? That'd be interesting.

Bohlmann20 (On The 95 Cleveland Browns Staff) wrote:
Lombardi - Isn't that the guy the trophy is named after? If so, top 3 coach of all time.

#JDI
brownie man

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Physically he has all you want for a pro offense. Underrated pocket mobility and the best intermediate accuracy of any QB including Teddy. He also has balls to hang in the pocket to make the play.

What I like most about him though is he plays with a serious chip on his shoulder. That loss to Georgia was the best thing for him and he's going to come in the league and want to prove to everyone he's a winner. He's the type to put the team on his back. Mettenberger is my number one guy for the Browns if we go QB.

I never even predicted Kizer to fail, I simply said he was an over drafted project. Now tell me that I am wrong in that regard.

^^^^
This dude is gonna look real bad
Remixxxxxxx

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JammerHammer21 wrote:
He's a good Air Coryell fit, but the Browns won't be picking Zach Mettenberger, and I'm struggling to find the fit around the NFL. Maybe Houston? That'd be interesting.

I think Houston would be a fantastic fit for Mettenberger. The two most ideal spots for him to land in are Houston and Dallas, IMO.
Athelite

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

meh

^mike23md props
IDOG_det

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JammerHammer21 wrote:
Him in Houston would be interesting. I wish he could stay another year in college though because I don't think he's ready yet. He's got a lot of arm talent, and he could be a good QB if coaches right, but as of now he isn't that great of a prospect. He is improving seemingly every week though, which is very promising.

"Strength is meaningless in o-line play if there is no explosive, or speed-strength, quality to the strength."
- LeCharles Bentley

R.I.P. Stylish
jshowers

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's trending in that direction but by no means is he a first round lock...

His ceiling is Top 10, his floor is 3rd round.
TheVillain112

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's not get ahead of ourselves now. He's looking really good this year but not a 'lock' for the first round yet IMO. He's very Flacco-esque though, although not as strong of an arm as him...
CT Cowboy Fan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If he fell out of the first I would love for Dallas to grab him and let him sit behind romo for a couple of year to hone his craft and learn the game.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:
Let's not get ahead of ourselves now. He's looking really good this year but not a 'lock' for the first round yet IMO. He's very Flacco-esque though, although not as strong of an arm as him...

His arm is on par with Flacco's.
jshowers

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:18 am    Post subject: Re: Zach Mettenberger is a First Round Lock Reply with quote

alfalcone wrote:
We need to discuss the fact that Zach Mettenberger has played his way into the first round, and could possibly be the first quarterback taken. He's playing in an NFL style system, has a monster arm, and prototypical size. He's thrived against the best competition in college football, and will be a first round pick come April. I don't think its out of the realm of possibility for Mettenberger to be the first QB selected. Hundley has a long delivery, Manziel is undersized, Bridgewater has quite frankly gotten overhyped to this point, I'm neither a fan of Boyd nor Mariota, and McCarron hasn't dealt with any adversity.

It's not "out of the realm of possibility" but it probably won't happen.

What makes you think he has done enough to pass Bridgewater or will at some point have done enough? Why do you think Teddy is overhyped?
MSURacerDT55

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I must admit he does look good....
TheVillain112

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jshowers wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:

His arm is on par with Flacco's.

Not at this point IMO. He could certainly get there as we've seen guys like Bradford, Luck, Brady, etc... increase their arm strength as they matured...
Reality_Check

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Derek Anderson 2.0, with a history of sexual assault... and you want him in the first round?

Maybe 20 years ago in the NFL, but not now. Guy is a stiff in the pocket, poor man's Ryan Mallet.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 1 of 10

Jump to: