Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2014 LIONS DRAFT THREAD!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 58, 59, 60, 61  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
kgreene06


Joined: 08 Jan 2006
Posts: 554
Location: New York, NY
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

and what the hell is the fascination with us taking a tackle at #10?!?!?!?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
DrRay11


Joined: 19 Dec 2011
Posts: 3355
Location: Chicago, IL
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kgreene06 wrote:
and what the hell is the fascination with us taking a tackle at #10?!?!?!?


I think it's more the chance of one being BPA than it is position focused
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kgreene06


Joined: 08 Jan 2006
Posts: 554
Location: New York, NY
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DrRay11 wrote:
kgreene06 wrote:
and what the hell is the fascination with us taking a tackle at #10?!?!?!?


I think it's more the chance of one being BPA than it is position focused


Fair enough, the Lions have gone BPA for the last few years now...its about time they start filling needs however...We don't need a 1st round tackle...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Calvin-Stafford


Joined: 29 Dec 2013
Posts: 400
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kgreene06 wrote:
DrRay11 wrote:
kgreene06 wrote:
and what the hell is the fascination with us taking a tackle at #10?!?!?!?


I think it's more the chance of one being BPA than it is position focused


Fair enough, the Lions have gone BPA for the last few years now...its about time they start filling needs however...We don't need a 1st round tackle...

BPA is what good teams do. And I'd disagree; we could need a tackle later on. It doesn't look like this regime's long-term planning has Fairley involved in it, so DT is still an option. And as for OT, our depth throughout the offensive line is very poor; if we could draft a Robinson, move him or Reiff to LG, and bench Sims, that creates what could not only be a excellent guard tandem between Warford and Robinson/Reiff, but also improves depth along the offensive line and provides insurance for the possibility that Waddle could be a one-off. Every position is a need or will be a need at some point due to injury, trading, or free agency in the NFL; BPA is a serious consideration.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Louis Friend


Joined: 07 Apr 2010
Posts: 8458
Location: San Marcos, Nicaragua
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry, but no OT is BPA at #10. Not this year, not these OTs. They are decent, but not elite. And we have no immediate need to reach for one.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
1King


Moderator
Joined: 11 Mar 2008
Posts: 34981
Location: daboyle250 on the sig.
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Louis Friend wrote:
I'm sorry, but no OT is BPA at #10. Not this year, not these OTs. They are decent, but not elite. And we have no immediate need to reach for one.


Meh, I could say that about anyone outside of probably 3 guys (Clowney, Mack, and Watkins).

I dont think it is likely that an OT is BPA at #10, but it's possible.
_________________


El ramster wrote:
1king showing why he's one the best posters in this site.


candyman93 wrote:
1king is showing why he's awesome


TEAM STYLISH
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Louis Delmas26


Joined: 16 Jan 2011
Posts: 499
Location: Detroit
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1King wrote:
Louis Friend wrote:
I'm sorry, but no OT is BPA at #10. Not this year, not these OTs. They are decent, but not elite. And we have no immediate need to reach for one.


Meh, I could say that about anyone outside of probably 3 guys (Clowney, Mack, and Watkins).

I dont think it is likely that an OT is BPA at #10, but it's possible.


Big Board should be:

1.) Clowney
2.) Watkins
3.) Mack


4.) Robinson
5.) Matthews
6.) Evans


7.) Gilbert
8.) HaHa
9.) Barr
10.) Dennard
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
andjordand


Joined: 03 Jun 2011
Posts: 584
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Louis Delmas26 wrote:
1King wrote:
Louis Friend wrote:
I'm sorry, but no OT is BPA at #10. Not this year, not these OTs. They are decent, but not elite. And we have no immediate need to reach for one.


Meh, I could say that about anyone outside of probably 3 guys (Clowney, Mack, and Watkins).

I dont think it is likely that an OT is BPA at #10, but it's possible.


Big Board should be:

1.) Clowney
2.) Watkins
3.) Mack


4.) Robinson
5.) Matthews
6.) Evans


7.) Gilbert
8.) HaHa
9.) Barr
10.) Dennard


Donald should go between Robinson and Matthews and push Dennard out of the top 10 non-qb. Best 4-3 DT prospect since Suh/McCoy/Darius (better than Fairley). I'm not saying that the Lions should/would pick him, but to hold him out of the big board while including other players at positions of strength does not fly.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
1King


Moderator
Joined: 11 Mar 2008
Posts: 34981
Location: daboyle250 on the sig.
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hypothetical Idea:


NOTE : I AM NOT OFFERING MY PERSONAL OPINION HERE, JUST THROWING OUT A POSSIBLE IDEA TO SEE OTHER OPINIONS


This is mainly to those people who want or at least would be okay with targeting a DL (i.e. Donald or others) @ #10.


How would you guys feel if we took Minnesota DL Ra'shede Hageman at #10?
How would you guys feel if we traded down and took him?


NOTE: I AM NOT ADVOCATING FOR OR AGAINST THIS IDEA, JUST THROWING IT OUT THERE.
_________________


El ramster wrote:
1king showing why he's one the best posters in this site.


candyman93 wrote:
1king is showing why he's awesome


TEAM STYLISH
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DrRay11


Joined: 19 Dec 2011
Posts: 3355
Location: Chicago, IL
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not really that high on Hageman, but need to do more research on all the tackles. That being said, I'd be totally fine if they thought he was BPA... I don't think he's anywhere near that at 10, however.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
IDOG_det


Moderator
Joined: 02 Mar 2009
Posts: 26061
Location: #JDI
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1King wrote:
Hypothetical Idea:


NOTE : I AM NOT OFFERING MY PERSONAL OPINION HERE, JUST THROWING OUT A POSSIBLE IDEA TO SEE OTHER OPINIONS


This is mainly to those people who want or at least would be okay with targeting a DL (i.e. Donald or others) @ #10.


How would you guys feel if we took Minnesota DL Ra'shede Hageman at #10?
How would you guys feel if we traded down and took him?


NOTE: I AM NOT ADVOCATING FOR OR AGAINST THIS IDEA, JUST THROWING IT OUT THERE.
For the "make a big board for your team" thread in the draft forum, I had Hageman at #8, so according to my big board for us he would be fine. I would definitely prefer to trade down if we draft him.
_________________
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #1: Eric Ebron
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #2: Martin Mayhew



R.I.P. Stylish
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Rockcity


Joined: 06 Jan 2013
Posts: 1315
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IDOG_det wrote:
1King wrote:
Hypothetical Idea:


NOTE : I AM NOT OFFERING MY PERSONAL OPINION HERE, JUST THROWING OUT A POSSIBLE IDEA TO SEE OTHER OPINIONS


This is mainly to those people who want or at least would be okay with targeting a DL (i.e. Donald or others) @ #10.


How would you guys feel if we took Minnesota DL Ra'shede Hageman at #10?
How would you guys feel if we traded down and took him?


NOTE: I AM NOT ADVOCATING FOR OR AGAINST THIS IDEA, JUST THROWING IT OUT THERE.
For the "make a big board for your team" thread in the draft forum, I had Hageman at #8, so according to my big board for us he would be fine. I would definitely prefer to trade down if we draft him.
where was donald on your bb
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
IDOG_det


Moderator
Joined: 02 Mar 2009
Posts: 26061
Location: #JDI
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rockcity wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:
1King wrote:
Hypothetical Idea:


NOTE : I AM NOT OFFERING MY PERSONAL OPINION HERE, JUST THROWING OUT A POSSIBLE IDEA TO SEE OTHER OPINIONS


This is mainly to those people who want or at least would be okay with targeting a DL (i.e. Donald or others) @ #10.


How would you guys feel if we took Minnesota DL Ra'shede Hageman at #10?
How would you guys feel if we traded down and took him?


NOTE: I AM NOT ADVOCATING FOR OR AGAINST THIS IDEA, JUST THROWING IT OUT THERE.
For the "make a big board for your team" thread in the draft forum, I had Hageman at #8, so according to my big board for us he would be fine. I would definitely prefer to trade down if we draft him.
where was donald on your bb
he wasn't
_________________
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #1: Eric Ebron
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #2: Martin Mayhew



R.I.P. Stylish
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Rockcity


Joined: 06 Jan 2013
Posts: 1315
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IDOG_det wrote:
Rockcity wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:
1King wrote:
Hypothetical Idea:


NOTE : I AM NOT OFFERING MY PERSONAL OPINION HERE, JUST THROWING OUT A POSSIBLE IDEA TO SEE OTHER OPINIONS


This is mainly to those people who want or at least would be okay with targeting a DL (i.e. Donald or others) @ #10.


How would you guys feel if we took Minnesota DL Ra'shede Hageman at #10?
How would you guys feel if we traded down and took him?


NOTE: I AM NOT ADVOCATING FOR OR AGAINST THIS IDEA, JUST THROWING IT OUT THERE.
For the "make a big board for your team" thread in the draft forum, I had Hageman at #8, so according to my big board for us he would be fine. I would definitely prefer to trade down if we draft him.
where was donald on your bb
he wasn't
oook. what are you going on measurables
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
diehardlionfan


Joined: 12 Mar 2007
Posts: 25885
Location: Ottawa
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Louis Friend wrote:
I'm sorry, but no OT is BPA at #10. Not this year, not these OTs. They are decent, but not elite. And we have no immediate need to reach for one.


There are scouts that have said the top 3 tackles in this draft are better than any of the tackles last year.

So it's very possible an OT is BPA.
_________________


Sig by El Ramster

Team Stylish
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 58, 59, 60, 61  Next
Page 59 of 61

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group