Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2014 LIONS DRAFT THREAD!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 57, 58, 59, 60, 61  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
amaru0

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do you all think of Jeff Janis from SVSU? I watched him run some routes at the combine, and his measurables are impressive. Worth a flyer in the 6th?
Sllim Pickens

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still high on Abreddaris. I think he is a better version of Eric Decker. He has decent size and speed, great hands and runs solid routes. If he is there in the third I would be all for it.

Adopt-A-Lion - Riley Reiff, OT/TE/FB
IDOG_det

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sllim Pickens wrote:
I'm still high on Abreddaris. I think he is a better version of Eric Decker. He has decent size and speed, great hands and runs solid routes. If he is there in the third I would be all for it.
I like him and think he can be a higher end #2, lower end #1 type. I'd like him in our offense.

R.I.P. Stylish
1King

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IDOG_det wrote:
Sllim Pickens wrote:
I like him and think he can be a higher end #2, lower end #1 type. I'd like him in our offense.

I haven't checked him out yet (aside from just casually watching Wisconsin games), but he could have significant injury issues (concussions). He claims only 1 minor concussion, but there have been multiple scouts or team personnel that said it is reportedly 3 or 4. If he clears medical I might be okay with him, but if not, I wouldn't consider him until very late (if at all).

El ramster wrote:
1king showing why he's one the best posters in this site.

candyman93 wrote:
1king is showing why he's awesome

TEAM STYLISH
iLovetheLions

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1King wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:
Sllim Pickens wrote:

I haven't checked him out yet (aside from just casually watching Wisconsin games), but he could have significant injury issues (concussions). He claims only 1 minor concussion, but there have been multiple scouts or team personnel that said it is reportedly 3 or 4. If he clears medical I might be okay with him, but if not, I wouldn't consider him until very late (if at all).

this is what ive heard aswell

Sllim Pickens wrote:
There should be a thread for UM fans and GB fans to sit and talk about how amazing their teams are with each other.
diehardlionfan

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry but I'm certainly not a fan of drafting players with a history of concussions. Numerous individuals seem to think it was 3 or 4.

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/injury-history-could-hurt-jared-abbrederis-in-nfl-draft-b99211464z1-246732461.html?ipad=y

Sig by El Ramster

Team Stylish
RIP CITY

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I already wasn't super high on Abreddaris, though I do like him and was starting to warm up to the idea of taking him in the 3rd or 4th, reminds me alittle bit of Wes Welker (doubt he would ever be that productive but similar style) but I'm with diehardlionfan, I'm not touching a guy with that many possible concussions. They better do extensive homework on him if they are thinking about Drafting him, we all know what happened with Jahvid Best and countless others that had to retire due to concussions (including my All-Time favorite player, Steve Young).

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/cfb/46892/344/norris-mock-draft-april-14

that's roto's mock. 3 wr's go before we pick @10 and it has us taking Kyle Fuller... what do you think of that.
DrRay11

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

flyguy1609 wrote:

that's roto's mock. 3 wr's go before we pick @10 and it has us taking Kyle Fuller... what do you think of that.

Fine with it. I might like Fuller better than Barr.

On Justin Gilbert, as I was watching his film yesterday trying to find what makes him a top 10 guy, he just looked so much like Slay as a prospect. That's not a bad thing, still a round 2, tier 1 type talent. Excellent closing speed but doesn't anticipate routes well and isn't very sticky in coverage (yet).
Chups

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DrRay11 wrote:
flyguy1609 wrote:

On Justin Gilbert, as I was watching his film yesterday trying to find what makes him a top 10 guy, he just looked so much like Slay as a prospect. That's not a bad thing, still a round 2, tier 1 type talent. Excellent closing speed but doesn't anticipate routes well and isn't very sticky in coverage (yet).

I've never understood the Gilbert or Dennard hype. Both prospects have flaws that should keep them out of the first 20 selections. I'd much rather have Fuller or Roby.
RIP CITY

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know what I was just wondering, is there a rule against having two prospects go against each other in a pre-Draft visit. For example, could the Lions bring in Sammy Watkins and Justin Gilbert and have them matchup against each other in drills? I realize the prospects probably wouldn't want to do it but it's something I would want to see if I was a General Manager.

Anyway, I don't understand all the Gilbert hate on this forum. He has all the physical tools and production you could want out of a CB. The only problem I've seen with him is that it seems that Oklahoma State liked to play off coverage (with both CB's) not really allowing either to matchup in man coverage, instead both backed off the receiver 5-10 yards on most plays. Gilbert gives up most of his receptions on these plays. That's the only reason I can see why people aren't higher on him, because in the situations where he did play more of a tight coverage he looked good to me.

No way I would take Kyle Fuller at #10, people talk about Gilbert and Clinton-Dix being reaches, SMH. I'd rather trade down. I like Fuller but that's about a minimum 10 spots too high for him IMO.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

idt any cb is worthy 10
DrRay11

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chups wrote:
DrRay11 wrote:
flyguy1609 wrote:

I've never understood the Gilbert or Dennard hype. Both prospects have flaws that should keep them out of the first 20 selections. I'd much rather have Fuller or Roby.

As far as flawless prospects go, Roby is pretty far from it. I have him below Gilbert and Dennard.
Smack

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RIP CITY wrote:
That's the only reason I can see why people aren't higher on him, because in the situations where he did play more of a tight coverage he looked good to me.

I disagree, I didn't see him do anything in tight to medium coverage and he didn't tackle much either. Dennard has it all over him in those areas imo.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anthony Barr = Aaron Maybin/Vernon Gholston 2.0. I want nothing to do with him...

I like Evans at this spot..I would really like a trade up for either Mack or Watkins at this point. I could also see us trading down and landing Clinton-Dix or Pryor, Although we have a FS in Glover Quin. I'm not high on taking Ebron at #10, but would see why they would do it. 3 TE sets with Pettigrew, Fauria and Ebron would be interesting to see.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 57, 58, 59, 60, 61  Next
Page 58 of 61

Jump to: