Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

How Good is Cordy Glenn?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bzane

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:09 pm    Post subject: How Good is Cordy Glenn? Reply with quote

Hi- I would like to ask Bills' fans about Cordy Glenn. He was an interesting player in the 2012 draft, a huge tackle with surprisingly good athleticism who, in pre-draft mocks, was rising up the charts and projected to go higher and higher as the draft drew closer. As a Giants fan I hoped he might fall to their pick- they needed O-linemen then, and need them all the more, now- and I was disappointed when, after he miraculously fell in the first round, they passed up on him to take David Wilson. Not saying that Wilson was a bad pick- he's got a lot of potential (if they ever get him some blocking!). The Bills were fortunate to find Glenn still there in the second round, and drafted him.

Apparently Glenn fell due to questions about his work ethic and passion for the game. There were worries about his weight, and lack of dedication. Happily for the Bills, he had a solid rookie season, and at left tackle, too, when a lot of projections said he was more suited for guard, or right tackle.

I was reading the 2014 Mock Draft on this very site, and it has the Bills taking Taylor Lewan, and #4 overall (where, realistically, it is more likely that the Giants will be drafting than the Bills-!), saying "the Bills would love to finally get a true left tackle", or words to that effect. This implies that Cordy Glenn is not a true left tackle, and the need still exists for Buffalo- with, I presume, Glenn then moving to guard, or to the right side.

Thus, my question is, how good is Cordy Glenn? Should he stay at left tackle? Or is he better suited for guard, or right tackle? Could he be a D.J. Fluker-type power right tackle, or a Carl Nicks power guard?

I would value some input from Bills' fans on this one.
NickChowaniec

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Minus a few penalties he's been great in my opinion. PFF ranks him very high for what it's worth. I see no need to move him to guard. After this year, I'm hoping people will give up the talk of moving him inside.

Fast forwarding to the draft, I see much bigger needs than picking a LT and moving Glenn to guard. I'd like us to grab the top corner in the first and taking the top guard in round 2. Colin Brown just can't cut it.

NikkiSixx

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickChowaniec wrote:
Minus a few penalties he's been great in my opinion. PFF ranks him very high for what it's worth. I see no need to move him to guard. After this year, I'm hoping people will give up the talk of moving him inside.

Fast forwarding to the draft, I see much bigger needs than picking a LT and moving Glenn to guard. I'd like us to grab the top corner in the first and taking the top guard in round 2. Colin Brown just can't cut it.

Whether or not we get a left tackle and move Glenn to guard or just draft a guard is irrelevant. I think Cordy Glenn is a good solid left tackle but I think he'd be a pro bowl guard. Colin Brown is awful and needs to be replaced through free agency or the draft.

I definitely think Buffalo will go out and draft a corner early in the draft next year whether they truly need it or not. Justin Rogers has to go... But I'm not entirely sure we NEED to go spend a first round pick on a corner,. Gilmore and McKelvin are solid and the jury is still out on Ron Brooks. We need more cornerback depth yes, but do we need a first or second rounder? I'm not quite sure about that. I would love to get a big play outside linebacker... Anything to get our run defense respectable.
marshawn lynch

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glenn has been great for the most part except for the drive where EJ got sacked and fumbled.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to piggy back off what others have said,

Glenn has done a phenomenal job at LT, I think I was one of the few who actually wanted to start him at LT right away as opposed to later in his career.

Last Sunday was likely his worst career game, with the penalties and allowing the sack/fumble. I would NOT move him to Guard unless we had a Joe Thomas type of LT on the roster.

CB, S and TE I still see as a bigger need then a LT or Guard IMO.

I'm all about my BILLS, I'm on my Stevie Johnson .... I mean Sammy Watkins.
bigbadbuff23835

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trentwannabe wrote:

Glenn has done a phenomenal job at LT, I think I was one of the few who actually wanted to start him at LT right away as opposed to later in his career.

Last Sunday was likely his worst career game, with the penalties and allowing the sack/fumble. I would NOT move him to Guard unless we had a Joe Thomas type of LT on the roster.

Apparently we should use a top pick to trade for Josh Gordon whose one violation away from a year long suspension! Who needs secondary players when we have Justin Rogers?!

#JDI
Trentwannabe

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigbadbuff23835 wrote:
Trentwannabe wrote:

Apparently we should use a top pick to trade for Josh Gordon whose one violation away from a year long suspension! Who needs secondary players when we have Justin Rogers?!

Well Stevie is washed up, and Woods has clearly been a bust Laughing

I'm all about my BILLS, I'm on my Stevie Johnson .... I mean Sammy Watkins.
jsnydes

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigbadbuff23835 wrote:
Trentwannabe wrote:

Somebody must have hurt your feelings. Didn't see the words "Cordy Glenn" anywhere in your post.

These "rating" websites are really mysterious. I'd like to know what goes into these number ratings. PFF has Cordy Glenn as having another good game this week. Joe B from WGR is doing his own analysis with a number grade. He has Cordy as having a poor game. With Colin Brown out performing him.

TommyC376^^^

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: