Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Time for mckenzie to go
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raidin wrote:
holyghost wrote:
I'm not asking for everything right, or even 50-50. Realistically, right now McKenzie is working at about 10-90 or worse, which is not too good. With no, not one, true hits. Time, yes. Is he doing great? Nah. Wake me when he finds one great young player, to start.

Got to love the Ritalin generation. Laughing
I could be wrong but I think holy like I am from the butt whooping generation.

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN >>>>>> all of you
Big Rob

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow that Hayden pick in the endzone was pretty impactful lol...give it time guys...Hayden will be a pro bowl caliber player for us...it takes more than a month to get used to the speed of the game...anyone who thought Hayden was going to come in and lock down the NFL is crazy...hes still getting used to game speed and such and this early in the season teams are going to test him...that closing speed on that pick was a thing of beauty and cannot be taught...
TiberiusRising

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big Rob wrote:
wow that Hayden pick in the endzone was pretty impactful lol...give it time guys...Hayden will be a pro bowl caliber player for us...it takes more than a month to get used to the speed of the game...anyone who thought Hayden was going to come in and lock down the NFL is crazy...hes still getting used to game speed and such and this early in the season teams are going to test him...that closing speed on that pick was a thing of beauty and cannot be taught...

Now that he has his cherry popped if you will I expect him to play much better. It will go a long way for his confidence in truly being an NFL player.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TiberiusRising wrote:
Big Rob wrote:

Now that he has his cherry popped if you will I expect him to play much better. It will go a long way for his confidence in truly being an NFL player.

Agreed. He needed something like that. He's been too timid imo. Scared of messing up. He needs to just get out of his head and play football. Hopefully this taste of success will make him a bit more aggressive.

ravens_rool28 wrote:
Did somebody mention teens?
holyghost

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raidin wrote:
holyghost wrote:
I'm not asking for everything right, or even 50-50. Realistically, right now McKenzie is working at about 10-90 or worse, which is not too good. With no, not one, true hits. Time, yes. Is he doing great? Nah. Wake me when he finds one great young player, to start.

Yeah.
11 years of losing, I have as much patience as anyone like I said but it's time to see some results that do not demand explanations.

Oh and by the way Mr. foot in mouth, I'm 40. So whatever generation that is you're speaking of, I ain't in it. Maybe if you post regarding the actual topic with some discussion instead of bitching about every poster and every subject, we could have some discourse here. Your contribution is lacking because your willingness to irritate is greater than your willingness to think, allow perspectives other than your own, and present yours as much as you force others to present theirs with blanket statements lacking insight or contribution.
BlackPrestige92

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raidin wrote:
holyghost wrote:

If this is for dudes in their early 20's like me just know some of us were growing up in the hood as kids and doctors didn't give us that stuff, our parents pulled out belts, phone wires, sandles, etc. Laughing

Just because some of us are in college doesn't mean we were suburb kids who took ritalin.....
Dumb post dude. Attacking a group of posters because you have a screwed up view of young kats? That's weak bro.

Side note: Has anyone seen the ritalin episode of South Park? Kyles mom was all "I have to give Kyle ritalin, my boobila bounces around the house like he's 8" then Kyle says "I am 8"

Laughing Laughing Laughing freakin Trey Parker and Matt Stone, I tell ya!

If Phil Jackson came back, still no coaching me, Im uncoachable, Im unsociable.
-Kendrick Lamar
dante9876

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

holyghost wrote:
Raidin wrote:
holyghost wrote:

Yeah.
11 years of losing, I have as much patience as anyone like I said but it's time to see some results that do not demand explanations.

Oh and by the way Mr. foot in mouth, I'm 40. So whatever generation that is you're speaking of, I ain't in it. Maybe if you post regarding the actual topic with some discussion instead of bitching about every poster and every subject, we could have some discourse here. Your contribution is lacking because your willingness to irritate is greater than your willingness to think, allow perspectives other than your own, and present yours as much as you force others to present theirs with blanket statements lacking insight or contribution.

You saying you don't like his 4 word sarcastic posts. They are a staple around here. Laughing
Raidin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

holyghost wrote:
Raidin wrote:
holyghost wrote:

Yeah.

I've been here long enough to learn when to waste my efforts on. I'm certainly not going to do it on someone who thinks our rookie should be making an impact within 5 weeks or who things Reggie should have found an impact player in rounds 3 and beyond later.
holyghost

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raidin wrote:
holyghost wrote:
Raidin wrote:
holyghost wrote:

Yeah.

I've been here long enough to learn when to waste my efforts on. I'm certainly not going to do it on someone who thinks our rookie should be making an impact within 5 weeks or who things Reggie should have found an impact player in rounds 3 and beyond later.

Fine, that's your opinion.
I think in rounds 3 or later, two free agency periods, a full draft, and a top 3 pick - somewhere in there should have yielded a player who showed up to make an immediate impact. But it hasn't, so fine.

If you're not going to waste your "efforts" discussing this, as you often don't waste your "efforts" discussing much of anything except how to [inappropriate/removed] and moan about everything and consistently call out other people while putting no perspective of your own on the line for open discussion and criticism, then why did you post in regard to it in the first place?

Mostly, I am saying that I listened to Al Davis get torn to pieces for years and I know I agree alot of his moves were questionable. But right now the top 20% of this roster is his players, two years removed from his death, still making up the entire top end of this team. McKenzie has contributed little to nothing to the top end of this team, and while it is extremely early to state he is incapable of doing so, it isn't too early to say that he hasn't as of today.
dmac505

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

holyghost wrote:
Raidin wrote:
holyghost wrote:
Raidin wrote:
holyghost wrote:

Yeah.

I think in rounds 3 or later, two free agency periods, a full draft, and a top 3 pick - somewhere in there should have yielded a player who showed up to make an immediate impact. But it hasn't, so fine.

If you're not going to waste your "efforts" discussing this, as you often don't waste your "efforts" discussing much of anything except how to [inappropriate/removed] and moan about everything and consistently call out other people while putting no perspective of your own on the line for open discussion and criticism, then why did you post in regard to it in the first place?

Mostly, I am saying that I listened to Al Davis get torn to pieces for years and I know I agree alot of his moves were questionable. But right now the top 20% of this roster is his players, two years removed from his death, still making up the entire top end of this team. McKenzie has contributed little to nothing to the top end of this team, and while it is extremely early to state he is incapable of doing so, it isn't too early to say that he hasn't as of today.

Charles Woodson says hello.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Raidin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

holyghost wrote:
Raidin wrote:
holyghost wrote:
Raidin wrote:
holyghost wrote:

Yeah.

I post what I want to post. Your last paragraph really does highlight how bizarre your opinion is. Have you honestly watched any of our defenses performance this year? They have been excellent and they are made up(barring Houston) of players Reggie brought in. They have performed at a level above the offense. Reggie has managed to actually field a competitive team with a ton of dead money hanging over us, that to me is the most impressive thing.
raidr4life

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raidin wrote:
holyghost wrote:
Raidin wrote:
holyghost wrote:
Raidin wrote:
holyghost wrote:

Yeah.

I post what I want to post. Your last paragraph really does highlight how bizarre your opinion is. Have you honestly watched any of our defenses performance this year? They have been excellent and they are made up(barring Houston) of players Reggie brought in. They have performed at a level above the offense. Reggie has managed to actually field a competitive team with a ton of dead money hanging over us, that to me is the most impressive thing.
This^^^
The entire defense has made an impact. Sims and Walker stuffing the run, Burnett is better than Wheeler, C-Wood is a beast.
raiders707

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well so far he does not do well with QB's Flynn is different situation because, i think that no one expected the oline to be this bad due to injury, but TP hard work has payed off and everyone knows it, and im sure TP is also on a short leash on not making mistakes that he himself can hurt the teams chance to win. Man i really wish he won that first game. If i was the GM i would for sure draft a DE,OLB,OG and maybe another CB in the 1st
G

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BlackPrestige92 wrote:
Raidin wrote:
holyghost wrote:

If this is for dudes in their early 20's like me just know some of us were growing up in the hood as kids and doctors didn't give us that stuff, our parents pulled out belts, phone wires, sandles, etc. Laughing

Just because some of us are in college doesn't mean we were suburb kids who took ritalin.....
Dumb post dude. Attacking a group of posters because you have a screwed up view of young kats? That's weak bro.

Side note: Has anyone seen the ritalin episode of South Park? Kyles mom was all "I have to give Kyle ritalin, my boobila bounces around the house like he's 8" then Kyle says "I am 8"

Laughing Laughing Laughing freakin Trey Parker and Matt Stone, I tell ya!

South Park will save the world!!! PC needs to go and being honest, even when it hurts is still better IMO. If someone didn't like me because off my skin, hair, size, beliefs or whatever I'd rather know that. Doesn't mean they'll always think that way if they got to know me but...Who knows.

I still haven't seen anyone respond to WHO they'd want to replace RM with?!? We are lucky to have him IMO and I don't expect perfection, otherwise I wouldn't be able to complain!!! Twisted Evil
We'd be bored getting along. Laughing
Darbsk

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

holyghost wrote:

This is a bit harsh Ghost. I know you're highlighting you're point and I'm sure we would all love to have landed an RG3 or Aldon Smith type impact player but I for one would forgo the short term for a steady, long term improvement even if it meant another year or two of losing seasons (though i think next year we will be competing for #2 in the division).

It's being a bit simplistic but I would grade McKenzies' decisions so far like this:

Terrible Moves
None so fare, that Flynn trade wasn't great but it hasn't handicapped us moving forward.

Bad Moves
Matt Flynn trade - in hindsight we don't need him and he is a liability with our depleted OL. We could have got the same from a street FA.
2012 CBs - neither worked out and both came in with injury histories which reared their ugly heads.
Knapp/ZBS - maybe DA was 99% responsible for this, but RMcK must have ratified it and should have forseen that Knapp would be a disaster.
Pryor - Again this is easy to say in hindsight but the young guy should have been given the reigns to the O through OTAs and TC rather than wasting time on Flynn.
2012 Draft - Too early to judge really, but going on first impressions we got a backup in Bilukidi and a backup in Burris, roster bubble players in Crawford and Berg. I am prepared to give them time but as of right now it doesn't look great, we should have had 1 starter i believe given the dearth of talent we had on the roster at the time.

Good Moves
Carson Palmer Trade - Wasn't a fan at the time as I liked Palmer and thought he could do a job for us for a few more years, we cleaned his $ up and got a pick, I have to admit it is looking like a good business decision.
Rod Streater - great pickup as UDFA and is clearly our most reliable reciever though not as explosive as Moore.
Rod Woodson - Just what the D ordered, an experienced playmaker and influence on our younger guys. Brought a 'feelgood' factor to Oakland again.
Defence - 10 overall changes to the D, some forced by injury and yet we actually improve. We have guys out there that play their hearts out and even though they make the odd mistake the improvement is noticeable.
Tony Pashos - Just when the OL was looking like a complete mess Pashos comes in plays better than solid, can't ask anymore from someone brought in off his couch.
Coaches - IMO Tarver was a master stroke, the guy is the real deal, the players play for him and will hopefully grow with the organisation, Sparano is doing a great job of making chicken soup out of chicken feathers on the OL and Bobby April has our ST playing 100% better than the last couple years. This is very subjective of course!
QB Competition - RMcK and DA swallowed their pride and started the guy who deserved to start, and it's paying dividens. Will Pryor be QBoTF? Who knows but as of now he is the best we have and they have gone with him and not stuck with the higher paid guy they traded for.

Great Moves
Cap Clean Up - Wipes the slate clean moving forward and although we lost guys like Bryant (who is going to be great) while doing it, will pay massive dividends in the long run. A lot of GMs I feel would have tried to ride the 8-8 season so they weren't under immediate pressure but RMcK has gone with his gut and done what he thinks is best for the organisation rather than trying to keep people off his back. Not just a cap clean up but updating the whole organisation is a huge undertaking and needed to be done.

Has Reggie made mistakes? Of course he has. Could he have drafted better in hindsight? Yes. But overall McKenzie has done IMO a lot more good than bad and has dragged us kicking and screaming into the 21st century. That cannot be underestimated.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 9 of 10

Jump to: