Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Time for mckenzie to go
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nez916

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:33 pm    Post subject: Time for mckenzie to go Reply with quote

He has done a decent job getting rid of bad contracts, but most if not all of his signings and draft picks have been terrible. I don't want him in charge of using or misusing the salary cap space the team will have in the future. The Flynn trade alone warrants his removal. He gave up draft picks an paid Flynn 6.5 mil which would have been better spent on the Oline. The best qb was already on the roster and he also wasted a pick on Wilson. Then he drafted who Hayden who I know it's early but I haven't seen any flashes on potential and he was a too high of a pick to show no positives signs yet. In the end it sounded nice but Reggie has to go he hasn't shown anything yet. Off topic, but can Allen admit seabass just can't kick right with king holding and do something about it, I haven't seen him miss like this in a while and instead of doing something Allen just stands there like a fool.
driftwood

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Time for mckenzie to go Reply with quote

Nez916 wrote:
He has done a decent job getting rid of bad contracts, but most if not all of his signings and draft picks have been terrible. I don't want him in charge of using or misusing the salary cap space the team will have in the future. The Flynn trade alone warrants his removal. He gave up draft picks an paid Flynn 6.5 mil which would have been better spent on the Oline. The best qb was already on the roster and he also wasted a pick on Wilson. Then he drafted who Hayden who I know it's early but I haven't seen any flashes on potential and he was a too high of a pick to show no positives signs yet. In the end it sounded nice but Reggie has to go he hasn't shown anything yet. Off topic, but can Allen admit seabass just can't kick right with king holding and do something about it, I haven't seen him miss like this in a while and instead of doing something Allen just stands there like a fool.

arm chair GM at its finest!

who do you think you are, the 2010 49ers?

your franchise was left in terrible shape when RM took over... minimal talent & bloated contracts from bad new FA signings & resignings...

RM literally had very little to work with from the end of Al's tenure. there wasn't a worse job in the NFL outside of maybe being employed by the jaguars than being the GM of the raiders when Reggie took over.

give him at least another year or 2 before you can see the team fully built the way RM envisioned... then you can make an educated argument of how well of a job hes done, but 2 years to clean up the mess he had isnt justified.
NickButera

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A GM isn't a coach, or a player. In order to properly judge a GM you have to give him a body of work to review. Most of the best GM's in football right now took several years in order to get a proper team (and front office) in place.

People were saying the exact same things about Ted Thompson. (Literally, the exact same things) It took him 3 years to get to a winning season again, followed by a 6-10 season, and now he has one of the best franchises in the league. But it didn't really show until 3-5 years after they hired him. Ozzie Newsome was hired in 2002, and it wasn't until 2006 until his franchise started to show greatness.

It may be soon, and we may not be liking some of his decisions. But we truly don't have enough information to come to the conclusion that he needs to go. It's just been way to early. Every new GM that comes into a team spends a year or 2 cleaning up a mess and the growth usually isn't seen until a few years after they've had time to build what they want to build. You also have to take into account that this is probably the most messed up situation any GM in the history of football has been hired to fix.

My short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be.
Also, my short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be.
TiberiusRising

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not really down on Reggie at all. Will take another two years to see how things pan out. But I like the type of guys brought in except for Flynn but with the GB ties it was almost inevitable. Him and Allen choosing Pryor over their big money QB though gave me great faith in the culture they are building and makes me trust personell decisions more since they actually went with the guy who could help the team more rather than who was getting paid a ton of money. Yes some picks didn't pan out as hoped yet but other's and UDFA's are doing well. And we didn't move up for anyone so we had the same normal risk as any team in our selections. I still think Hayden will end up being very good but it is going to take some time. Heck only his 4th game back after almost a year out. IMO Millner has played worse. Moore, Butler, Riveria, Watson all seem like guys who can be starters for us. Didnt like the Wilson pick either at the time and still don't. Probably the only draft player I have a major issue with but the need was there at the time and he could still develop. I was really down on Crawford coming into this season but he seems to be getting better and better so some of these guys are going to take time.

This team could easily be 3-1 instead of 1-3 right now so while I am disappointed I certainly see the potential, upward momentum and improvement of the culture. This next draft and FA will be key for us we should be able to be more competitive next season.
EricAllen21

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This Thread is a fail

Last edited by EricAllen21 on Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
raaka

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TiberiusRising wrote:
Him and Allen choosing Pryor over their big money QB though gave me great faith in the culture they are building

McKenzie didn't make the decision for Pryor to start, that was all Allen. Pretty sure he was behind Flynn (considering he made the trade to bring him in).

source : http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9691173/reggie-mckenzie-surprised-terrelle-pryor-won-starting-quarterback-job-oakland-raiders

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

raaka wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:
Him and Allen choosing Pryor over their big money QB though gave me great faith in the culture they are building

McKenzie didn't make the decision for Pryor to start, that was all Allen. Pretty sure he was behind Flynn (considering he made the trade to bring him in).

source : http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9691173/reggie-mckenzie-surprised-terrelle-pryor-won-starting-quarterback-job-oakland-raiders

Exactly he has power to interfere/overrule etc. And he did not. He trusted the process and his coaches evaluations. Also not sure if that article states it but Reggie said Flynn didn't play well. Arm, confidence issues, etc.

What exactly would getting a new GM now do for us anyways. Nothing. Heck look at the Broncos. I highly doubt anyone thinks Elway is this great GM. He was a able to talk Manning into signing their which will be his greatest feat. Wasnt really hard though. Weak division home field advantage. Existing OL, WR's, decent defense. KC was really the only other good option but had poor coaching.
big_palooka

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to touch on the Flynn trade. What other options were there?

Palmer more or less forced the organizations hands. At the time, they had 1 QB Pryor on the roster. They need some resemblance of a veteran on the roster and in theory a starter.

There was little to nothing in FA, so McK traded for a guy he knew. His contract was already set by Seattle, so stop acting like the Raiders wrote that contract.

Again, easy to look at it now and say bad trade. But at the time, it made sense. It was that or start dumpster diving for a street FA QB ala VY, Leinart, etc.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:

Palmer more or less forced the organizations hands. At the time, they had 1 QB Pryor on the roster. They need some resemblance of a veteran on the roster and in theory a starter.

There was little to nothing in FA, so McK traded for a guy he knew. His contract was already set by Seattle, so stop acting like the Raiders wrote that contract.

Again, easy to look at it now and say bad trade. But at the time, it made sense. It was that or start dumpster diving for a street FA QB ala VY, Leinart, etc.

I didn't pay a lot of attention this off season, but surely there was someone better available. Bring back Leinhart? Young? Clausen? Tebow? (kidding)

It was apparent to me, how bad this kid was. Seattle is my home team so I follow them pretty closely, and I saw how poorly he did last preseason. I literally face palmed when I heard about the trade, and I knew that no good would come of it.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

raaka wrote:
big_palooka wrote:

I didn't pay a lot of attention this off season, but surely there was someone better available. Bring back Leinhart? Young? Clausen? Tebow? (kidding)

It was apparent to me, how bad this kid was. Seattle is my home team so I follow them pretty closely, and I saw how poorly he did last preseason. I literally face palmed when I heard about the trade, and I knew that no good would come of it.
yup sea duped us again first curry now mf

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN >>>>>> all of you
Nodisrespect

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EricAllen21 wrote:
This Thread is a fail
Sig worthy?
TiberiusRising

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:

It was inevitable but I still hated it at the time. I would have prefered to found a way to keep Palmer. Seeing all the free money we have at the moment it was possible. Regardless of that whole argument again, hindsight it may end up to our benefit if Pryor keeps improving. I doubt he would have had the same shot this season had Palmer been here. I think mediocre could have been found in FA. Heck even Fitzpatrick. Virtually the same player but Fitz had more experience. But as you said it was obvious choice with RM ties, I am just hoping they didn't blind him to the facts.
EricAllen21

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure ^

I think 2014 is big for Uncle Reggie. We will have full draft, cap space and more year for his past draft class to be evaluated
raidr4life

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now let's move forward with Pryor and build around him, when this Oline gets Veldheer and Watson back we should move Barnes inside to LG, this team will probably make a second half of the season run.

OUR FUTURE PREMIERE LT!!
Mad props to Silver&Black88 on the sig.
Stix101

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Time for mckenzie to go Reply with quote

Nez916 wrote:

Yeah, Woodson, Roach, Sio, Jenkins, Porter, Sims, Walker, Hayden are not helping this team at all! NOT. Come on man, only bad move he made was trading for Flynn. And if my GM's worst offseason move was blowing a 5th rounder, im ok with that. He had to bring in someone to compete at QB, he would have looked worse if he just rolled with Pryor. Would I have brough Flynn in? No, but i would have brought someone in with intentions of competing for the starting QB position. I tip my hat to RM for what he's done with the defense. Even if we only win a few more games this year, I vote to keep everyone intact. Lets not forget we are operating on 50% of the salary cap.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 1 of 10

Jump to: