Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2014Free Agents
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bigblew

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:17 am    Post subject: 2014Free Agents Reply with quote

This is depressing to talk about in September but here we go
Ben Tate
Alex Mack
Eugene Monroe
Pat Angerer
Wade Smith
Michael Oher
Any thoughts
dkebones

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:35 am    Post subject: Re: 2014Free Agents Reply with quote

bigblew wrote:
This is depressing to talk about in September but here we go
Ben Tate
Alex Mack
Eugene Monroe
Pat Angerer
Wade Smith
Michael Oher
Any thoughts

Michael Oher on a 4 year contract would be awesome, but he's gonna command so much money that it may not work. allows us to plug Pugh in whereever he is needed, cut Baas and keep Boothe at center.

Love Mack, but I don't think the Browns let him get away.

Always liked Angerer but he isn't an "impact" kind of backer that you go out and spend real money on.
Shockey1979

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea Mack is awesome. But I'm sure he would be mightily expensive and the Browns would be foolish to let him walk.

Need at least one stud O-line signing though.

"A lion roars in the darkness only he holds the key, a light to free me from my burden and grant me life eternally"
mlv

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love to jettison Baas's worthless hide, but his contract has already been restructured twice. His cap hits for the next two years are very high. Unfortunately he's probably going to finish out his contract here.

I also agree that Cleveland doesn't let Mack get away.

One thing for sure is that we WILL have a ton of cap space next year. Snee, Tuck, Diehl and Webster are all gone, as well as this year's dead money (Bradshaw, Boley, Canty).
Shockey1979

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why are we so sure Snee is gone? If Coughlin is still coaching I am sure Snee stays. Hopefully at a reduced rate.

"A lion roars in the darkness only he holds the key, a light to free me from my burden and grant me life eternally"
mattbags2313

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

we need to focus on LB as much as OL

1. Brian Orakpo
2. Wesley Woodyard...he wouldnt be that much and hes productive as hell
3. Brandon Spikes
bballbkd1001

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't want any large name players. Bring in like 10 players that can play in the right system... resign nicks, joseph, jpp (while he's cheap) and prince... draft barr from UCLA and an offensive lineman in the second round.

^^^ Huge props Rase on the Sig!
mlv

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shockey1979 wrote:
Why are we so sure Snee is gone? If Coughlin is still coaching I am sure Snee stays. Hopefully at a reduced rate.

Financially it makes 100% sense. According to this, there's no dead money if Snee is released after this year.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/new-york-giants/cap-hit/2014/

Reese and/or Mara need to lay down the law to TC re Snee, assuming TC stays next year. There's no way his son-in-law can make that money next year when he hasn't played at an All-Pro level since 2009. Grandkids be damned. He should be the first guy that gets cut at season's end.
bballbkd1001

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mlv wrote:
Shockey1979 wrote:

Financially it makes 100% sense. According to this, there's no dead money if Snee is released after this year.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/new-york-giants/cap-hit/2014/

Reese and/or Mara need to lay down the law to TC re Snee, assuming TC stays next year. There's no way his son-in-law can make that money next year when he hasn't played at an All-Pro level since 2009. Grandkids be damned. He should be the first guy that gets cut at season's end.

I think he gets cut and resigned for vet min.

^^^ Huge props Rase on the Sig!
ESKY008

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mack and/or oher would be my picks

Orakpo would be nice as well.

With baas we could disignate a June 1 cut and the. $6 mill he is guaranteed would split over 2 years. That would save us his base rate of $4 ish mill by memory.

I would like to resign rolle to a 4 year deal bringing his $9 mill number in half. Then look at another FS.

Also I'll get critism for this . M jones drew as a cheap vet and DRC like I was pushing for last year has seem to turn things around

Pettigrew is another to keep an eye on .
mattbags2313

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ESKY008 wrote:

With baas we could disignate a June 1 cut and the. $6 mill he is guaranteed would split over 2 years. That would save us his base rate of $4 ish mill by memory.

I would like to resign rolle to a 4 year deal bringing his $9 mill number in half. Then look at another FS.

Also I'll get critism for this . M jones drew as a cheap vet and DRC like I was pushing for last year has seem to turn things around

MJD will not come cheap
ESKY008

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mattbags2313 wrote:
ESKY008 wrote:

MJD will not come cheap

Don't think he has an option. Missed half of last year. Not much production so far. Could still be effects of last year. I just think he needs a new location. That franchise is going backwards until they find a QB. Someone who can help Wilson, but knows he is part of a rotation.
Shockey1979

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mmkay I'm not very salary cap savvy so someone mind explaining to me what "other bonus" and "dead money" mean?

If Eli has a base salary of 15,150,000 with no signing bonus but a figure of 5,250,000 in "other bonus" how do we get a dead money figure of 7,000,000 on him?

mattbags2313

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shockey1979 wrote:
Mmkay I'm not very salary cap savvy so someone mind explaining to me what "other bonus" and "dead money" mean?

If Eli has a base salary of 15,150,000 with no signing bonus but a figure of 5,250,000 in "other bonus" how do we get a dead money figure of 7,000,000 on him?

Its all in the bonuses (guaranteed contract installments), in Eli's situation its because of the contract adjustments.
ESKY008

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mattbags2313 wrote:
Shockey1979 wrote:

Its all in the bonuses (guaranteed contract installments), in Eli's situation its because of the contract adjustments.

With his current contract he still has $7mill guaranteed. If we cut him now next years guaranteed money goes onto this years cap space. So we would have $7million in dead money. Base salary is what we would save though

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: