Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Torn Quad For Freeney
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Diego Chargers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The LBC

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

charger-man wrote:
What about a conditional 7th for Antwan Barnes?

And is Ingram still set to return this year or is he on the full season IR?

The Jets have no motivation to trade a guy they just signed in the offseason.

And Ingram is on the PUP, which he's eligible to come off of in Week 7, but more likely if he comes back it'll be in Week 10 or 11 at the earliest (which would put him at 8 months from when he tore the ligament).

We're not trading for anyone, I'd pretty much put money on it. We don't have the cap room to accommodate any worthwhile veteran who's making several million a year and we're not so competitive for the division or a playoff berth that it's in our best interest to rob the future to fund the present.

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I'm just going to start hoping that Pittsburgh turns things around and that Buffalo figures out a way to win more than 6 - they've gotten really close but can't close out games. Jets, I figure are good for the same or a better record than us at this point. Giants should eventually get their act together and finish around .500.

I'm not greedy and wanting to get cursed for Clowney... I just want Anthony Barr.

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As expected

Rotoworld wrote:
Charges placed OLB Dwight Freeney on injured reserve with a torn quadriceps, ending his season.
He's undergoing surgery. Freeney signed a two-year, $8.75 million deal in May, but it's quite possible his Bolts career is over after only four games, as he's due no guaranteed money in 2014. Freeney wasn't making a huge box-score impact before going down, but had graded out as Pro Football Focus' No. 8 3-4 outside linebacker. He was generating consistent pressure despite notching only 0.5 sacks. Larry English is sliding into the starting lineup opposite Jarret Johnson.

Rotoworld wrote:
Chargers promoted OLB Thomas Keiser off their practice squad.
Keiser was a highly productive pass rusher at Stanford, and had four sacks in eight games with the Panthers in 2011. Unfortunately, he's replacing Dwight Freeney on the 53-man roster and that will be an enormous downgrade.

"I am a leaf on the wind... Watch how I soar"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Diego Chargers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: