Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Worst of the Week - Buc's beaten

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who was the Cardinals worst in week 4?
Carson Palmer
40%
 40%  [ 4 ]
Eric Winston
10%
 10%  [ 1 ]
Darnell Dockett
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Bruce Arians
30%
 30%  [ 3 ]
Rashard Mendenhall
10%
 10%  [ 1 ]
Other
10%
 10%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 10

khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:20 am    Post subject: Worst of the Week - Buc's beaten Reply with quote

A win, is a win, is a win, but this was messy, sloppy and all round not that good. There were some terrible play from both side of the football at times, but mostly the offensive side of the football. But which players stand out as really having struggled? Who really hurt this team with their play? Lets take a look.

Carson Palmer - Two bad INT's both in scoring range. The first of which he stared down a receiver running into double coverage and ignored his TE open over the middle. The second of which was just a bad throw, even if he was under pressure. He has more than a few other throws that never looked like being completed, he would have been the prime reason for a loss, if the Bucs had held onto their lead.

Eric Winston - Pressure after pressure after pressure. He struggled big time in pass protection, he struggled to get push in the running game. He seemed to struggle with communication at times. Just not a great game from the big RT. It begs the question, what has Massie done so wrong that he cannot get on the field with our OL play right now.

Darnell Dockett - This was a typical Dockett game from over the past two years. Make a big play early (QB Hit on the first drive) disappear, take a bone headed personal foul penalty, make another big play (A TFL wiped out by a penalty on Dockett) then disappear. He is just not that good anymore, seriously a taunting penalty after the offensive lineman blocking you had just driven you 3-4 yards off the ball? He is not beating 1 v 1 blockers and teams are keying in on Campbell. His presence is hurting this defense far more than it is helping it right now.

Bruce Arians - Will this man ever learn that running the football is actually a valuable and viable way of moving the football? If you remove the kneel downs and the Cardinals called a designed running play and ran the ball 16 times on a possible 56 plays. 40 pass calls to 16 run calls and two of those run plays came when trying to run down the clock in the dying seconds before the GW FG was kicked. I can understand not giving it to Mendenhall, but Ellington looked good and you give him 4 carries? More to the point you have Palmer sling it 38 times when he is struggling like he is? We are looking at the exact same type of offensive stubbornness that we saw from Ken Whisenhunt. This is my offense, we are going to run my offense, and we are going to live and die with my offense, no if's and's or but's about it.

Rashard Mendenhall - Two fumbles, 21 yards on 12 carries, a dropped pass or two. Just a bad, bad game from the veteran running back.

So who do you think was the worst player on the field for Arizona today?

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
DJ_Fka

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isn't the whole team up for the award?

Really, if you havent scored ANY points by the 4th quarter you do not deserve to win.

We are only 2-2 because the Lions and Bucs were more inept then we were

We are not better than them or really anyone bar Jackonsville.

2-2 means we are mid frigging table, means we draft in the teens and miss that impact player/players we need in rounds 1 and 2.

I am not happy, 0-4 makes me happier.
DirtyDez

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to go Winston. I still can't believe after last year's ressurgance Bobby Massie can't beat him out...

The Rebuild Has Begun...
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I voted Bruce Arians with Palmer a close second.

Arians is just putting this team is terrible situations with his predictable playcalling and refusal to run the football.

On our two longest and most successful drives (42 yards and 92 yards(77 net) we ran the ball 8 combined times in 19 plays an 11-8 ratio is something that you can live with and it was also successful.

Those two drives contained 57% of our non garbage runs (8 of 14 runs from RB's that excluded Mendenhall's two carries setting up a FG)

One would think an NFL Head Coach might actually use his brain once in a while and figure out that hey when we run the ball we move the ball, when we move the ball we score points, when we score points we win games.

But no, Bruce Arians is so stuck in his ways, so egotistical in his running of this offense that he is going to do it his way, even if it is not the best for this team.

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
DJ_Fka

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
I voted Bruce Arians with Palmer a close second.

Arians is just putting this team is terrible situations with his predictable playcalling and refusal to run the football.

On our two longest and most successful drives (42 yards and 92 yards(77 net) we ran the ball 8 combined times in 19 plays an 11-8 ratio is something that you can live with and it was also successful.

Those two drives contained 57% of our non garbage runs (8 of 14 runs from RB's that excluded Mendenhall's two carries setting up a FG)

One would think an NFL Head Coach might actually use his brain once in a while and figure out that hey when we run the ball we move the ball, when we move the ball we score points, when we score points we win games.

But no, Bruce Arians is so stuck in his ways, so egotistical in his running of this offense that he is going to do it his way, even if it is not the best for this team.

I remember a certain other coach who used to be an off cord who never ran the ball either, must be the head coach ego thing or a desert thing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: