Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

In Season Roster Transaction Thread;Andre Holmes,David Carr?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chali21

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

riceraider8080 wrote:
Here's a thought? Ford gets traded for a conditional late rounder? Not saying it will happen but hes useless in our inept offense and would free up a roster spot and playing time for our youngsters...

Actually he's been a pretty good player. He's been a weapon in the run game and on trick plays. Granted he's more of a peashooter than a .45 but he's at least something. I'd much rather get rid of Criner than anyone else. But if we could get a pretty high pick I'd be for it.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickButera wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
NickButera wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
Why would anyone trade for Holmes??

Huh? He wasn't talking about trading Holmes. He asked, who is going off the 53 man roster now that he'll be un-suspended.

Ok I reread it and you're right. I was really confused there for a second.

Besides, no one would be able to afford him. At least 2 firsts.

You're a little too light here. I was thinking 3. Regardless though, why do we even feel he's worth a roster spot? I don't think all that awesomeness could exist on one team but I could be wrong.

PM sig requests.
TiberiusRising

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doesnt Criner have PS eligiblity? If so I would move him there.
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't understand the turnaround? I said Holmes would make the squad (pre-suspension) and got laughed at. Now everyone loves him? He's long so I hope he does well for Pryor.
TiberiusRising

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:
I don't understand the turnaround? I said Holmes would make the squad (pre-suspension) and got laughed at. Now everyone loves him? He's long so I hope he does well for Pryor.

I had thought we would be deciding between him and a TE/FB right now. But the way things played out we need Olawale this week and we need all three TE's. No room to move on OL either since we lost Nix, Bergstrom, Watson, Veldheer. Geez looks worse when I type it all out.

Good news though is it sounds like Watson may be at least practicing this week. Wonder when Burris comes back. Obviously he wont start but like him over younger Burnett as a backup.
RaiderX

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

riceraider8080 wrote:
Here's a thought? Ford gets traded for a conditional late rounder? Not saying it will happen but hes useless in our inept offense and would free up a roster spot and playing time for our youngsters...

Who would be returning kicks? Activate Jenkins?

I gotta think at some point he'll be used more given how long guys like Reece and DMC could be out though.

SaveourSonics wrote:
Yea, RaiderX wins. We can all just top acting like this is a matter of opinion. MY GOD.
EricAllen21

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are some roster moves I would make

1) Sign David Carr or Vince Young( young only if he has changed and promises to be content as a back up Qb as our 53 man

2) Waive J Criner and Sign Joe McKnight
More RB depth with Jennings banged up, and Holmes looks like a better prospect then Criner

3)Sign Joe Adams to PS. Former 4th round pick in 2012 read his bio I like his potential.

4)When Miles Burris comes back will either R Robinson or K Burnett go on PS

5)Well we are at it bring billy Boyko back for L McFadden on ps. I like that Boyko kid from some reason

If I was Reggie I would be sure to be looking in the streets and other teams practice squads for better guards. Has to be a gem or atleast someone better then Mady\Nix. To me there are a couple gring guys left on the roster who will be lucky to make the team next year after a full draft and cap flexibility
WR Criner, G Nix, G Mady, LB Lil Burnett, DE Robinson, DE Sanford
ch8878

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EricAllen21 wrote:

1) Sign David Carr or Vince Young( young only if he has changed and promises to be content as a back up Qb as our 53 man

More RB depth with Jennings banged up, and Holmes looks like a better prospect then Criner

3)Sign Joe Adams to PS. Former 4th round pick in 2012 read his bio I like his potential.

5)Well we are at it bring billy Boyko back for L McFadden on ps. I like that Boyko kid from some reason

If I was Reggie I would be sure to be looking in the streets and other teams practice squads for better guards. Has to be a gem or atleast someone better then Mady\Nix. To me there are a couple gring guys left on the roster who will be lucky to make the team next year after a full draft and cap flexibility

LOL Laughing

Joe McKnight sucks no thanks! Mad

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last year Joe Mcknight
30 attempts 179 yards per carry. A 6 yard average, numbers never lie. He does have an issue holding on to the rock, I would sign him and if he can't fix that problem let him go. He wouldn't be the featured back but would add some depth at RB and KR
RaidersAreOne

Location: Canada, but don't worry... i'm not one of those damn dirty french.
PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EricAllen21 wrote:
Last year Joe Mcknight
30 attempts 179 yards per carry. A 6 yard average, numbers never lie. He does have an issue holding on to the rock, I would sign him and if he can't fix that problem let him go. He wouldn't be the featured back but would add some depth at RB and KR

I highly disagree with that statement.

First jersey purchased: Jamarcus Russell.
Second jersey purchased: Rolando McClain.
Next purchases: Every Chiefs, Chargers and Broncos player.
JTagg7754 on the Sio sig.
EricAllen21

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Numbers can be manipulated by people. It's up to one to rationale statistics. 6.0 average is a solid figure.
ch8878

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can we steal DT Michael Brooks From Seahawks already?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ch8878 wrote:
Can we steal DT Michael Brooks From Seahawks already?

Hell, we had him in for a visit to sit down and talk personally to our DL coach.

We should have drafted him when we could. Evil or Very Mad

Raider X hooked me with the sig
riceraider8080

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ch8878 wrote:
EricAllen21 wrote:

LOL Laughing

Joe McKnight sucks no thanks! Mad

If you mean injury prone then yeah but he doesn't suck. He's a more than capable 3rd down back with plus athleticism and has flashed Pro Bowl return ability as well.

I love him but I think his concussion history is largely why teams aren't even trying him out...

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pass on David Carr, we already have McGloin at #2, bring up Wilson from the PS. Pryor gets this year and next year to show what he's got and if he's our QOTF. Flynn got the boot, and good riddance. Pryor has looked good so far but if his progress stops or (heaven forbid) goes in reverse we should draft a QB 1st in 2015.

Saw a thread titled "Eagles Team Scout Says Pryor Better Than Newton"... sure he is. I can also tell you pigs fly, herpes can be cured, and unicorns like Big Macs.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: