Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Is there something wrong with Chris Johnson?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
-Hope-

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deeluxx3 wrote:
-Hope- wrote:
I think it might be worth moving on from him at some point in the near future. Get a consistent, do-it-all workhorse that can move the chains and be a factor in the passing game.

Because guys like that are so easy to find

It shouldn't be incredibly hard to find a guy who can average more than 3.3 ypc behind this OL. He's had a pretty underwhelming start to the season.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

-Hope- wrote:
deeluxx3 wrote:
-Hope- wrote:
I think it might be worth moving on from him at some point in the near future. Get a consistent, do-it-all workhorse that can move the chains and be a factor in the passing game.

It shouldn't be incredibly hard to find a guy who can average more than 3.3 ypc behind this OL. He's had a pretty underwhelming start to the season.
I wish we could say "behind this OL," and actually have it mean something. Warmack has been solid, but nothing more (though I fully expect him to become far more than that), Levitre has been alright but a bit disappointing and Turner is horrid. Roos is great and Steward is good but getting worse. CJ isn't having a lot of luck but it's not like he's missing a ton of holes that your average back would be hitting.

Adopted Titans - Sammie Lee Hill and Jackie Battle
deeluxx3

Hot Shot Crew
PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

-Hope- wrote:
deeluxx3 wrote:
-Hope- wrote:

How many guys in the league have proven over the course of a couple years that they can be a true every down back and be effective in the passing game? There are flashes in the pan every year but that doesn't mean they're consistent.

Only ones that come to mind are McCoy, Foster, MJD in his prime, Fred Jackson, Peterson (whose pass catching numbers fluctuate), Forte, and Ray Rice.

Some guys in the league are TBD, but regardless...CJ catches the ball more times than most of those guys I mentioned.

RIP Crakburn & BoYz2tHeBoWl
RIP Steve "Air" McNair...the greatest Titan of all-time
edro

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

therealdeal wrote:
Has anyone not notice CJ's need to stay inside when he has the opportunity to bounce it out on DBs in the secondary?

I thought I was just seeing things, but then Kuharsky pointed out the exact same thing I and a couple of friends noticed.

Yeah, there are some issues on the line..

But when CJ is in space.. he's a totally different back.

I notice he runs out of bounds whenever possible and simply turns backward, falling across the line of scrimmage when running inside.

He's locked into a boatload of money... He's already made history rushing for 2,000 yards.... what incentive is there to bust your butt every sunday? It's just like Albert Haynesworth, Larry Johnson, (I'm sure you guys can name many, many more) - they get locked into all that money and they lose the "hunger" to be the best. Plus, some guys like Ricky Williams see greats like Jim Brown, who can barely walk, and think eh maybe I shouldn't give it 100%

Why pay a RB big money when you can have 3 RB's in your stable that cost you little to nothing? Just look at New England and New Orleans.
TitanSS

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

edro wrote:
therealdeal wrote:
Has anyone not notice CJ's need to stay inside when he has the opportunity to bounce it out on DBs in the secondary?

I thought I was just seeing things, but then Kuharsky pointed out the exact same thing I and a couple of friends noticed.

Yeah, there are some issues on the line..

But when CJ is in space.. he's a totally different back.

I notice he runs out of bounds whenever possible and simply turns backward, falling across the line of scrimmage when running inside.

He's locked into a boatload of money... He's already made history rushing for 2,000 yards.... what incentive is there to bust your butt every sunday? It's just like Albert Haynesworth, Larry Johnson, (I'm sure you guys can name many, many more) - they get locked into all that money and they lose the "hunger" to be the best. Plus, some guys like Ricky Williams see greats like Jim Brown, who can barely walk, and think eh maybe I shouldn't give it 100%

Why pay a RB big money when you can have 3 RB's in your stable that cost you little to nothing? Just look at New England and New Orleans.

What NO did with Reggie Bush and what they are doing with Darren Sproles now is offensive gold. There are very few other teams who use their runningbacks out of the backfield in the way that they do.

They almost always get a LB matched up with the RB, and just like 10 years ago the pass-catching, athletic TE started to see a lot more light as the rule changes allowed the NFL to move from run oriented to pass oriented, pass catching RBs will become necessary before too long. Everyone will need one on their roster.

When we do check it down to CJ it's usually not for more than 1 yard. Once last week he made someone miss and gained about 6, but that hasn't happened in the passing game in awhile.

We need Shonn Greene as our feature RB and another quicker RB who excels at pass pro and receiving, whether it be out of the backfield or in the slot.

Titans should of listened to me and cut CJ last offseason.
TitanLegend

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand the dislike for CJ's performance to this point, but all you guys are looking at is stats and nothing more in regards to CJ's impact. None of you seem to be looking at how CJ/this running game in general has been the reason the passing game has been so effective the past two weeks. Defenses keyed in on stopping the run game and asked Locker to beat them. Once Locker gets back, assuming he keeps up a similar level of performance as the past two weeks, the running game should eventually begin to break out as one, the defense backs off the line, and two, the o-line starts to gel even more.

Left Tackle Michael Roos
Defensive Tackle Jurrell Casey
derekfelty

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trade Chris Johnson to the Browns for a first round draft pick and also a 3rd round draft pick. I think that will be a pretty fare trade. It's a win win.
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

derekfelty wrote:
Trade Chris Johnson to the Browns for a first round draft pick and also a 3rd round draft pick. I think that will be a pretty fare trade. It's a win win.

Wait, so the Browns just traded their top RB(the 4th pick in 2012 draft) because they want to stockpile picks. You honestly they'd take an even older RB who looks worn down in return for a 1st and 3rd? Seriously? Idk what to say to that.
J.Redd10

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cj did gain about 8lbs of muscle over the offseason & if he lost a step it's not that noticeable during his conditioning test this offseason he ran a 4.28 twice.
The problem with the run game I see is 2 things
ROB TURNER & play calling.
Those of you who say levitre hasn't been good are wrong he's been solid.
He's not a road grader like chance but he's a hell of a pass blocker & he gets to the 2nd level when pulling.
The titans have played some stout front 7s early on however other than the jets game we ran the ball effectively whenever we wanted.
Rob turner is worse than Amano the titans look dumb cutting velasco
& play calling has not been great for CJ. I wish the titans would run HB counters draws, options more design runs to get him in space but they keep running him between the tackles like he's a bruiser
therealdeal

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J.Redd10 wrote:
cj did gain about 8lbs of muscle over the offseason & if he lost a step it's not that noticeable during his conditioning test this offseason he ran a 4.28 twice.
He's not a road grader like chance but he's a hell of a pass blocker & he gets to the 2nd level when pulling.
The titans have played some stout front 7s early on however other than the jets game we ran the ball effectively whenever we wanted.
& play calling has not been great for CJ. I wish the titans would run HB counters draws, options more design runs to get him in space but they keep running him between the tackles like he's a bruiser

He's running much slower on the field....

No one can sit here and tell me he's as explosive as he used to be....

You can clearly see it in the games...
TitanSS

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think it's so much of him slowing down as it is him being a one trick pony who isn't worth a [inappropriate/removed] if you stay in your cutback lanes.
s_camp

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

therealdeal wrote:
J.Redd10 wrote:

He's running much slower on the field....

No one can sit here and tell me he's as explosive as he used to be....

You can clearly see it in the games...

Exactly. I have no doubt he's about as fast now as he ever was in the 40 or some similar test. He just doesn't move like that on the field anymore.
titansNvolsR#1

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So for how long are we going to keep saying "it's the line"? I've grown tired of that being the automatic excuse we throw out there for him every year. They've not given him a lot to work with, that's true, but it's not the line every single season. Besides, he's being paid enough that he shouldn't need an elite line to put up even average numbers.

If we plan on running the ball up the gut every carry, I'd just as soon give CJ's carries to Battle and Battle's carries to CJ.
edro

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titansNvolsR#1 wrote:
So for how long are we going to keep saying "it's the line"? I've grown tired of that being the automatic excuse we throw out there for him every year. They've not given him a lot to work with, that's true, but it's not the line every single season. Besides, he's being paid enough that he shouldn't need an elite line to put up even average numbers.

If we plan on running the ball up the gut every carry, I'd just as soon give CJ's carries to Battle and Battle's carries to CJ.

Exactly. Is Adrian Peterson's O-line perfect? No. The Defense knows they're going to run at them and the guy still tears them up. That's what elite backs do.
therealdeal

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

edro wrote:
titansNvolsR#1 wrote:

Exactly. Is Adrian Peterson's O-line perfect? No. The Defense knows they're going to run at them and the guy still tears them up. That's what elite backs do.

Thank you!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: