Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Marcus Cooper
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
49ers Finest

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and then he gets the pick... Laughing

pryor was playing great. but then kc dialed up the pressure and he didnt have any time and started to force throws

new sig... sorry alex
AndyLeesAunt

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WTF! MArcus Cooper!
AZniner31

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's trade and get Cooper back!!! Very Happy Confused Crying or Very sad Evil or Very Mad

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know what I took away from watching Cooper in today's game against the Raiders? He was taken 2 spots from the last overall pick, and he's already better than the #12 overall pick in the same draft, DJ Hayden. Hayden looks terrible.
757-NINER

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He also got burned for A TD by Moore. Still though, kid is making plays so gotta give him credit for that but they're pass-rush is insane right now. Their front is helping the play on the back-end tremendously.
y2lamanaki

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

757-NINER wrote:
He also got burned for A TD by Moore. Still though, kid is making plays so gotta give him credit for that but they're pass-rush is insane right now. Their front is helping the play on the back-end tremendously.

He's definitely benefiting from that, but he would have here as well (maybe not quite to the same extent without Aldon playing). Still, even that one mistake today was made up for later, and he's still been outstanding on the season.

Frank Gore Career Rushing List Tracker:

*Currently Ranked 28th All-Time
*Yards needed to pass #26, Ottis Anderson: 178
*Yards needed to enter Top 20: 872
757-NINER

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AMG1713 wrote:
You know what I took away from watching Cooper in today's game against the Raiders? He was taken 2 spots from the last overall pick, and he's already better than the #12 overall pick in the same draft, DJ Hayden. Hayden looks terrible.

I don't think Hayden looks terrible. He's on a defense with few playmakers and it shows. He's looked like a typical rookie CB from my perspective...some good and some bad. If you put Hayden on that Chiefs defense, instead of Cooper, I think Hayden would be just as effective, if not more. Its all about fit and circumstance with a lot of players.
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

y2lamanaki wrote:
757-NINER wrote:

He's definitely benefiting from that, but he would have here as well (maybe not quite to the same extent without Aldon playing). Still, even that one mistake today was made up for later, and he's still been outstanding on the season.

Not sure how much he would have benefited from our front, as our pass rush is mediocre as it gets without Smith. Seriously, only time we bring pressure is when we blitz. Our secondary has played very well all season without a consistent pass rush.

Cooper is prone to making mistakes as he is young, but he battled well after allowing the TD to Moore.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

757-NINER wrote:

I wouldn't say he got burned. It was a quick slant play that should have been like 10-15 yards at best but Berry missed the tackle. And outside of that play he played great and once again had the game sealing INT.

This Cooper kid is a beast. I wouldn't even trade him back to you guys for that 2nd rounder you are getting for Smith.
o_0

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Give you back the second? Laughing

Gabbert
Romo
Vick
Eli
Fitzpatrick
Pryor

Facing a super weak schedule, with the benefit of playing with a ridiculous passrush and maybe the second best FS in football. Sorry if I'm not sold yet.

✰★✰ In Harbaugh We Trust ✰★✰
BP wrote:
One late season surge and postseason run doesn't make Kaep a better QB than Carson Palmer
simonwayne

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, keep your second rounder and I'll keep this young stud with unlimited potential who is already helping us win games.

I think nearly all Chiefs fans would agree with me. At least at this point since we have seen nothing but great things from Cooper.
757-NINER

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

y2lamanaki wrote:
757-NINER wrote:

I think ppl see how Cooper is thriving in KC and automatically assume he would be doing the same here if he had stayed. I'm not so sure. The Chiefs scheme is diffeent. They play primarily press-man on the back-end. We run about 50/50, depending on the offense we're playing. Having Cooper play almost exclusively in bump 'n' run has helped his learning curve and allowed him to be productive on the field, despite he's rawness. But had he stayed here, he would have had to have improved his spactial awareness and skills as a zone CB. That's usually the hardest part for a young player still learning the position to grasp and and be effective at. And that one caveat would have probably kept him from seeing significant minutes with us.
y2lamanaki

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

757-NINER wrote:
y2lamanaki wrote:
757-NINER wrote:

I think ppl see how Cooper is thriving in KC and automatically assume he would be doing the same here if he had stayed. I'm not so sure. The Chiefs scheme is diffeent. They play primarily press-man on the back-end. We run about 50/50, depending on the offense we're playing. Having Cooper play almost exclusively in bump 'n' run has helped his learning curve and allowed him to be productive on the field, despite he's rawness. But had he stayed here, he would have had to have improved his spactial awareness and skills as a zone CB. That's usually the hardest part for a young player still learning the position to grasp and and be effective at. And that one caveat would have probably kept him from seeing significant minutes with us.

These are very good points. Well said.

Frank Gore Career Rushing List Tracker:

*Currently Ranked 28th All-Time
*Yards needed to pass #26, Ottis Anderson: 178
*Yards needed to enter Top 20: 872
big9erfan

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

757-NINER wrote:
y2lamanaki wrote:
757-NINER wrote:

Sigh ! You're talking about those disgusting 10-yard cushions that we like to play which often lead to very easy 5 to 10 yard quick outs for the other team.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

big9erfan wrote:
757-NINER wrote:
y2lamanaki wrote:
757-NINER wrote:

Sigh ! You're talking about those disgusting 10-yard cushions that we like to play which often lead to very easy 5 to 10 yard quick outs for the other team.

I understand what your saying but its not as bad as you make it sound. We do play a lot of 'off-man', where its man coverage but we play off the line, depending on the coverage called. It also depends on which side of the field and the personnel. T. Brown is probably his best when he's off man because it allows him to read the QB's drop and break on the ball. He thrives at it actually. We usually play off-man on his side of the field, though we do run it on the strong side as well..just depends on what the coverage is. But its effective when used against certain formations/down and distances. I do think we tend to overuse it a bit but for certain players like Brown, I think it benefits them to be as productive as the can. I don't think Brown is a particularly good press-man CB, where as I think guys like Cully and Aso are at their best in press, but not as effective in off-man. So I don't like when we run it with those guys as much. I think you have to have experience and be a bit savvy to be good at off-man. Which is why I think Rogers and Brown are the two guys who play it the best for our scheme. Aso just doesn't have the hips and quickness for it. But to play for Fangio, your going to have to be able to do it and that was one of the areas maybe Cooper was still developing, which could have played a factor in the decision that he ultimately wasn't ready for the 53 coming out of TC.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7

Jump to: