You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Marcus Cooper
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
757-NINER

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea, he's looking solid. Hate to lose young talent but if its any GM who can replenish the cupboard, its Baalke. No worries. We lost out but hey, at least we kept Brock Wink I know alot of our fanbase was ragging on Brock during pre-season. But its like I always say, you can't put too much stock into preseason play at certain positions. And CB is one of those.
LANiner

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah great talent but I was worried that we would lose Daryl Morris instead. the organization is very good at picking up talent through the draft and free agency. we might be looking at a backfield of brown culliver wright Morris ( insert r rookie)

LANiner

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah great talent but I was worried that we would lose Daryl Morris instead. the organization is very good at picking up talent through the draft and free agency. we might be looking at a backfield of brown culliver wright Morris ( insert r rookie)

49ersfan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We probably won't have room for Daryl Morris when Eric Wright comes back, but i don't want to release him. Don't want to chance it. He's been playing well on ST's and i think he would do well if he had to play on defense, we're just deep at CB this year. In fact i think he played just as well in the preseason as Cooper did, statistically. I know in one game he had a nice pass defense, breaking up a 30 yard TD in the 3rd preseason game. I think we could end up regretting letting Morris go if he's claimed on waivers, just like with Cooper.
Swift21

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No one wants Morris. He could have been claimed/signed multiple times on the PS or when we was released after the temporary Eric Wright trade.
49ersfan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Swift21 wrote:
No one wants Morris. He could have been claimed multiple times on the PS or when we was released after the temporary Eric Wright trade.

good point, but i think he's put some good film out there on special teams, at least. i fear the jags may have nothing to lose and would claim him.

also, that was lowell rose we released after the wright trade, not morris.
757-NINER

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Swift21 wrote:
No one wants Morris. He could have been claimed/signed multiple times on the PS or when we was released after the temporary Eric Wright trade.

He wasn't released. Your thinking of Lowell Rose. He was the one who was released to make room for Wright. And Morris is defintely on teams radar. He has the one thing you can't teach and that's speed.....make-up speed at that. And he's got decent size on him at 5'10, 190 lbs. I'd bet money that's why he was promoted to the 53. Because teams probably have poking around. Teams can inquire about players on the PS but its up to the player whether or not he can accept the offer to jump to another team. I'm sure Morris and his agent know that our CB situation next year would give him a great opportunity to see the field sooner rather than later. So I'm inclined to beleive that Morris may have turned down a inquiry by another team to stick around. And being that we lost Cooper, Baalke wasn't about to take any chances with Morris so he added him to the 53. Happened last year, with TJE, Lockette, and a few others who turned down offers from other teams to stay with us, on the PS.

I'd be shocked if they cut Morris to make room for Wright. I don't see them taking that gamble twice with a young CB they like. Brock has played himself into a role on defense and his STs duties could start to diminish. Morris would be an ideal fit to step into that role. Wright could be solid depth, not to mention Baalke obviously has liked Wright for some time now. And who knows what they're going to do with Aso. Morris has looked very good as a gunner on STs. I think they'll trim the fat elsewhere. Maybe a Stupar or Osgood. Or a guy like Cunningham, who was just sign mainly as a depth guy. They'll have other options besides Morris.
big9erfan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

757-NINER wrote:
Swift21 wrote:

He wasn't released. Your thinking of Lowell Rose. He was the one who was released to make room for Wright. And Morris is defintely on teams radar. He has the one thing you can't teach and that's speed.....make-up speed at that. And he's got decent size on him at 5'10, 190 lbs. I'd bet money that's why he was promoted to the 53. Because teams probably have poking around. Teams can inquire about players on the PS but its up to the player whether or not he can accept the offer to jump to another team. I'm sure Morris and his agent know that our CB situation next year would give him a great opportunity to see the field sooner rather than later. So I'm inclined to beleive that Morris may have turned down a inquiry by another team to stick around. And being that we lost Cooper, Baalke wasn't about to take any chances with Morris so he added him to the 53. Happened last year, with TJE, Lockette, and a few others who turned down offers from other teams to stay with us, on the PS.

I'd be shocked if they cut Morris to make room for Wright. I don't see them taking that gamble twice with a young CB they like. Brock has played himself into a role on defense and his STs duties could start to diminish. Morris would be an ideal fit to step into that role. Wright could be solid depth, not to mention Baalke obviously has liked Wright for some time now. And who knows what they're going to do with Aso. Morris has looked very good as a gunner on STs. I think they'll trim the fat elsewhere. Maybe a Stupar or Osgood. Or a guy like Cunningham, who was just sign mainly as a depth guy. They'll have other options besides Morris.

At some point football sklls trump natural athletic ability, but a guy needs a chance to develop before you determine when he's topped out. Morris has more spped than any db we've probably ever had, and he's got decent size too. I hope we find a way to keep him around and given him this year and the entire off season to see what he can turn into.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Morris was certainly released but since no one claimed him, he was put on our PS. I'm sorry, but what has he shown teams from then to now that would make him such a hot commodity?

Edit: He wasn't released when Wright was signed, but was for the final 53.

El ramster on the sig

Last edited by J-ALL-DAY on Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
757-NINER

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
Morris was certainly released but since no one claimed him, he was put on our PS. I'm sorry, but what has he shown teams from then to now that would make him such a hor commodity?

Edit: He wasn't released when Wright was signed, but was for the final 53.

Your focusing on the wrong thing. Just becuase no one claimed him when he ddidn't make the intial 53 doesnt mean he isn't on team's radar. Injuries and team dynamics change over the course of a season. Using that logic, TJE should have never received offers last year as a rookie when he was on the PS, yet two teams tried to sign him last year but he wanted to reamin with the team. Teams have NFL personnel departments who's sole responsibility is combing through other teams rosters and finding guys they beleive could flourish in their system. And when a opportunity presents itself(usually injury), they make a play for those players. Morris flashed enough during pre-season to be on team's radar. Just because he passed through waivers and Cooper didn't shouldn't skew anyone's perspective on him. Cooper just had rare size and athleticism, which probably made him too good for a CB-needy team to pass up.
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

757-NINER wrote:
Your focusing on the wrong thing. Just becuase no one claimed him when he ddidn't make the intial 53 doesnt mean he isn't on team's radar. Injuries and team dynamics change over the course of a season. Using that logic, TJE should have never received offers last year as a rookie when he was on the PS, yet two teams tried to sign him last year but he wanted to reamin with the team. Teams have NFL personnel departments who's sole responsibility is combing through other teams rosters and finding guys they beleive could flourish in their system. And when a opportunity presents itself(usually injury), they make a play for those players. Morris flashed enough during pre-season to be on team's radar. Just because he passed through waivers and Cooper didn't shouldn't skew anyone's perspective on him. Cooper just had rare size and athleticism, which probably made him too good for a CB-needy team to pass up.

We will see, but I just don't see it with Morris. Sure he has great speed, but I'm willing to bet he will pass waivers once again.

El ramster on the sig
y2lamanaki

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
757-NINER wrote:

We will see, but I just don't see it with Morris. Sure he has great speed, but I'm willing to bet he will pass waivers once again.

I'm willing to bet he won't be on waivers again. My guess is Nnamdi is the odd man out, because why keep him around as a 5th CB when he clearly has no future with us, and teams likely won't be breaking down the door for him at this point.

Future Hall of Famer Frank Gore's Career Rushing List Tracker:

*Currently Ranked 8th All-Time
*Yards needed to pass #7 Eric Dickerson: 194
*Yards needed to pass #6 Jerome Bettis: 597
49ersfan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

y2lamanaki wrote:
I'm willing to bet he won't be on waivers again. My guess is Nnamdi is the odd man out, because why keep him around as a 5th CB when he clearly has no future with us, and teams likely won't be breaking down the door for him at this point.

Isn't his salary guaranteed?
oldman9er

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

49ersfan wrote:
y2lamanaki wrote:

Isn't his salary guaranteed?

No. It's not at all guaranteed.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

y2lamanaki wrote:

That thought has crossed my mind about releasing Nnamdi or having him inactive on game days. He will only 5th CB if they put Wright ahead of him which is no guarantee. Still, even if Wright is not ahead of him, Nnamdi isn't a ST contributor so it will be hard to activate him.

El ramster on the sig

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7

Jump to: