Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2014 NFL Draft thread - Bears have 14th pick in 1st Rd.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 65, 66, 67 ... 85, 86, 87  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
ForteOz


Joined: 03 Sep 2013
Posts: 647
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MemphisBear wrote:
CBears019 wrote:
MemphisBear wrote:
My TV is a goner if we draft a receiver or offensive lineman at 14. Especially since my buddy and I are turning our 1st round mocks into a drinking game.



....I'm listening.


We havn't completely ironed out the details yet but, the general idea: When a team is on the clock, you have to call the position and player that team will draft.
Both correct... You're safe
1 right/1 wrong... Drink beer (as of yet undetermined amount)
Both wrong... Take a shot (of what I'm sure will be rot gut)

Might throw in a wrinkle about calling trades. Maybe if you call one you're safe, or if you call one and no trade happens -- you drink more.

Also, won't guessing the correct player necessarily mean you guessed the right position?

I like the premise, this has real potential Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jspiel24


Joined: 12 Mar 2007
Posts: 6817
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ForteOz wrote:
MemphisBear wrote:
CBears019 wrote:
MemphisBear wrote:
My TV is a goner if we draft a receiver or offensive lineman at 14. Especially since my buddy and I are turning our 1st round mocks into a drinking game.



....I'm listening.


We havn't completely ironed out the details yet but, the general idea: When a team is on the clock, you have to call the position and player that team will draft.
Both correct... You're safe
1 right/1 wrong... Drink beer (as of yet undetermined amount)
Both wrong... Take a shot (of what I'm sure will be rot gut)

Might throw in a wrinkle about calling trades. Maybe if you call one you're safe, or if you call one and no trade happens -- you drink more.

Also, won't guessing the correct player necessarily mean you guessed the right position?

I like the premise, this has real potential Smile


You wouldn't make it to pick 20.
_________________

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
MemphisBear


Joined: 11 Feb 2011
Posts: 266
Location: Memphis, TN
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cBears, I actually kind of like that structure better. That could very well be more similar to what we do. We just kinda threw together a hap-hazard plan, hadn't really ironed out the specifics.

AZ, definitely just day 1 haha. I'm no college scout or draft expert. I think I have a realistic ceiling of getting half the first round right.. After that all bets are off.

And Oz, Yes. Obviously if you guess the player right, than that puts you in the "Both correct" category. Laughing Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MemphisBear


Joined: 11 Feb 2011
Posts: 266
Location: Memphis, TN
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One benefit for sure though, we're doing it pick by pick as far as prediction submissions go. As opposed to turning in the whole first round ahead of time. So you can try to feel it out as players drop off th board.

For once in my life I might be thankful for the teams that take the whole time alotted.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ChicagoAl


Joined: 10 Jan 2008
Posts: 7906
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KG1187 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
CBears019 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
Man Hugs for Everyone

1. Khalil Mack
2. Jadeveon Clowney

Realistic and Happy Pouring myself a drink

3. Justin Gilbert
4. Aaron Donald
5. Ha Ha Clinton-Dix
6. Darqueze Dennard

Golf Clap Solid Picks

7. Calvin Pryor
8. Louis Nix
9. Timmy Jernigan
10. Kyle Fuller
11. Kony Ealy, lower because of so many DEs on the roster long term

Intrigued by the Talent, but worried about the risk

12. Ra'shede Hageman
13. Jimmie Ward
14. Stephon Tuitt


And the throwing your remote through your TV picks?


Most offensive players except Greg Robinson, Jake Matthews and Sammy Watkins.

Would not be happy with Verrett, like him but we have a midget CB already.

Another undersized pass rusher would [inappropriate/removed] me off.

I can see the value in most guys because our defense is so bad.



That's exactly how I feel. So many holes on D its almost impossible to mad as long as they take a defender.
That has been my feeling for a long time but I am expecting a super olineman to drop to 14 and would neither be shocked nor upset should Emery take him. With all the attention already given the defense, particularly picking up Allen, I foresee major improvements there. Safety will be addressed perhaps with multiple picks and additional free agent pickups. But we can always use a stud hoss lineman to protect Jay. And you know Emery is very unpredictable.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mudderfudder77


Joined: 14 Jan 2005
Posts: 1841
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChicagoAl wrote:

That's exactly how I feel. So many holes on D its almost impossible to mad as long as they take a defender.
That has been my feeling for a long time but I am expecting a super olineman to drop to 14 and would neither be shocked nor upset should Emery take him. With all the attention already given the defense, particularly picking up Allen, I foresee major improvements there. Safety will be addressed perhaps with multiple picks and additional free agent pickups. But we can always use a stud hoss lineman to protect Jay. And you know Emery is very unpredictable.[/quote]


Unpredictable in the player- but not necessarily the position. In 2012 everyone knew we needed a DE, and thats what Emery chose - albeit not one anyone else was considering for the Bears.

In 2013 everyone knew we needed OL, and thats what Emery chose - albeit not one that people were picking for the Bears.
_________________


Adopt-a-Bear Lamarr Houston

Man-child. QB-killer. Defender of the run. Destroyer of worlds
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
HuskieBear


Joined: 16 Feb 2009
Posts: 1114
Location: Milwaukee
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mudderfudder77 wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:

That's exactly how I feel. So many holes on D its almost impossible to mad as long as they take a defender.
That has been my feeling for a long time but I am expecting a super olineman to drop to 14 and would neither be shocked nor upset should Emery take him. With all the attention already given the defense, particularly picking up Allen, I foresee major improvements there. Safety will be addressed perhaps with multiple picks and additional free agent pickups. But we can always use a stud hoss lineman to protect Jay. And you know Emery is very unpredictable.



Unpredictable in the player- but not necessarily the position. In 2012 everyone knew we needed a DE, and thats what Emery chose - albeit not one anyone else was considering for the Bears.

In 2013 everyone knew we needed OL, and thats what Emery chose - albeit not one that people were picking for the Bears.[/quote]

Jimmy Ward, Kyle Fuller, Louis Nix at 14? These are guys at positions of need that are being looked at (as far as the internet tells us) at the end of 1, beginning of 2, that in all likelihood will not be there with our second pick.
_________________
Adopt-a-Bear: Jared Allen | TKL: 1 |Sacks | TFL | FR | FF |
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mudderfudder77


Joined: 14 Jan 2005
Posts: 1841
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HuskieBear wrote:


Jimmy Ward, Kyle Fuller, Louis Nix at 14? These are guys at positions of need that are being looked at (as far as the internet tells us) at the end of 1, beginning of 2, that in all likelihood will not be there with our second pick.



Its being reported by quite a few draft guys now that Kyle Fuller is the top DB on at least a few teams draft boards. Wouldn't shock me to see the Bears go that direction.

I love me some Jimmy Ward.

I like Nix - I just don't know if I want to invest the 14th pick in him.
_________________


Adopt-a-Bear Lamarr Houston

Man-child. QB-killer. Defender of the run. Destroyer of worlds
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
HuskieBear


Joined: 16 Feb 2009
Posts: 1114
Location: Milwaukee
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The NFL is "absolutely not" high on Michigan State CB Darqueze Dennard, according to the Sideline View's Lance Zierlein.

This is significant, since the draft media highly values Dennard's skills. The pure press man corner is very physical with receivers at the line of scrimmage and downfield, and that hand fighting could turn off some evaluators thanks to "illegal contact" being implemented in the NFL. Teams will likely question his long speed as well despite running a 4.51 forty.

_________________
Adopt-a-Bear: Jared Allen | TKL: 1 |Sacks | TFL | FR | FF |
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
chisoxguy7


Joined: 17 Dec 2007
Posts: 2889
Location: Chicago
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HuskieBear wrote:
Quote:
The NFL is "absolutely not" high on Michigan State CB Darqueze Dennard, according to the Sideline View's Lance Zierlein.

This is significant, since the draft media highly values Dennard's skills. The pure press man corner is very physical with receivers at the line of scrimmage and downfield, and that hand fighting could turn off some evaluators thanks to "illegal contact" being implemented in the NFL. Teams will likely question his long speed as well despite running a 4.51 forty.


I wonder if Donald at 14 and Dennard at 51 is an option?
_________________


Adopted Bear: LB DJ Williams
Christmas List
Sack of Aaron Rodgers
Sack of Matthew Stafford
Tackle Adrian Peterson for loss

TFL: SACK: INT: FF: FR:
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DaMike


Joined: 21 Nov 2010
Posts: 5481
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chisoxguy7 wrote:
HuskieBear wrote:
Quote:
The NFL is "absolutely not" high on Michigan State CB Darqueze Dennard, according to the Sideline View's Lance Zierlein.

This is significant, since the draft media highly values Dennard's skills. The pure press man corner is very physical with receivers at the line of scrimmage and downfield, and that hand fighting could turn off some evaluators thanks to "illegal contact" being implemented in the NFL. Teams will likely question his long speed as well despite running a 4.51 forty.


I wonder if Donald at 14 and Dennard at 51 is an option?
Dennard isn't.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bearsfan323


Joined: 02 Apr 2014
Posts: 241
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just would have a hard time believing the defense is completely overhauled if Emery doesn't take a true FS. Right now, there's Mundy, Conte, Steltz, McCray, and Jennings. All of those are average to bad football players and all, except Conte, are SS's. If Clinton-Dix is there at 14, he has to be the pick...right?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GOGRIESE


Joined: 04 Dec 2006
Posts: 18617
Location: Austin Texas
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bearsfan323 wrote:
I just would have a hard time believing the defense is completely overhauled if Emery doesn't take a true FS. Right now, there's Mundy, Conte, Steltz, McCray, and Jennings. All of those are average to bad football players and all, except Conte, are SS's. If Clinton-Dix is there at 14, he has to be the pick...right?


I think so yes
_________________

^^ props to Ty on the sig Smile

2013-Adopt A Bear- CB Tim Jennings #26
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AZBearsFan


Moderator
Joined: 04 Feb 2006
Posts: 10835
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GOGRIESE wrote:
bearsfan323 wrote:
I just would have a hard time believing the defense is completely overhauled if Emery doesn't take a true FS. Right now, there's Mundy, Conte, Steltz, McCray, and Jennings. All of those are average to bad football players and all, except Conte, are SS's. If Clinton-Dix is there at 14, he has to be the pick...right?


I think so yes

Me too.
_________________

GRRLacher wrote:
I told you guys AZ was awesome...he in fact makes triple the pay I get for moderating here.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
neo


Joined: 12 Jan 2009
Posts: 750
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZBearsFan wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
bearsfan323 wrote:
I just would have a hard time believing the defense is completely overhauled if Emery doesn't take a true FS. Right now, there's Mundy, Conte, Steltz, McCray, and Jennings. All of those are average to bad football players and all, except Conte, are SS's. If Clinton-Dix is there at 14, he has to be the pick...right?


I think so yes

Me too.


I like Ha Ha a lot, but do you think we can get better overall production from a combo of Donald/Hageman and Bucannon or Ha Ha and Tuitt/Quarles. Either way I think we get positive results. Emery has set us up again for the draft, but I honestly think he goes DT. If we take Ha-Ha, I would not be opposed to still trying to get Bucannon in the 2nd.
_________________


Adopt-a-Bear
Jon Bostic LB Florida
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 65, 66, 67 ... 85, 86, 87  Next
Page 66 of 87

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group