Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2014 NFL Draft thread - Bears have 14th pick in 1st Rd.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 85, 86, 87  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WindyCity

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
pigsooie5 wrote:
I think theres literally a 0% chance Greg Hardy leaves Carolina.

I think it’s way too early to rule anything out at this point…every year teams are talking to their own guys about extensions but free agents and their agents aren’t going to take even a fair offer when they know the open market will be very strong for them.

I think the issue with Hardy is he is so good and the heart of that defense that is probably going to carry them into the playoffs.

He is a prime example of a guy who is going to get tagged.

I would expect the Bears will need to sign a 2nd tier DE and bring back Wootton and look to the draft.
Madmike90

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
pigsooie5 wrote:
I think theres literally a 0% chance Greg Hardy leaves Carolina.

I think it’s way too early to rule anything out at this point…every year teams are talking to their own guys about extensions but free agents and their agents aren’t going to take even a fair offer when they know the open market will be very strong for them.

I think the issue with Hardy is he is so good and the heart of that defense that is probably going to carry them into the playoffs.

He is a prime example of a guy who is going to get tagged.

I would expect the Bears will need to sign a 2nd tier DE and bring back Wootton and look to the draft.

I have no doubt that the Panthers want to keep Hardy…but the problem with that is the amount of money they gave to Charles Johnson…he got a 6 year $76 million dollar contract…why would Greg Hardy accept anything less from the Panthers than the guy on the other side of him is getting? At 25 years old and being a top 10 4-3 DE he knows his market is going to be extremely strong…now if you’re Carolina are you going to invest over $150 million in two DEs? I’m not so sure you are considering Cam Newton is going into a contract year…now the Panthers could tag Hardy but that could cost around $12 million fully guaranteed for a player who like most won’t be particular happy about it…if your Carolina do you spend that money for a one year rental when you already have Johnson at one DE position making almost $9 and just went and spent a 1st & 2nd round pick on DTs in the draft…it’s a lot of resources at one positional group.
Madmike90

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really disappointed with what I’m seeing from Bradly Roby today…just mistake after mistake.
DaMike

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
Really disappointed with what I’m seeing from Bradly Roby today…just mistake after mistake.
What mistakes has he made?
DaMike

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blake Bortles and UCF with an insane comeback against Temple. Crazy ending.
Madmike90

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:

Got beat twice on long pass plays…one to a pretty slow TE where he got lost in coverage…missed a couple of tackles…then came in to hit a pile and hit his own man which allowed the Illinois player to break free of the tackle…hit a receiver and drew a flag before the ball got there…should have been flagged again for ripping a receivers helmet off but got away with that one…just wasn’t impressive…not sure if it’s just he is having a down year or if it’s the way Ohio State are asking him to play but he just doesn’t look like the player of last year…another interesting thing was just how often he was sent on the blitz…more than likely down to Illinois system but year didn’t look like the top 10 pick he did last season.
WindyCity

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:

Got beat twice on long pass plays…one to a pretty slow TE where he got lost in coverage…missed a couple of tackles…then came in to hit a pile and hit his own man which allowed the Illinois player to break free of the tackle…hit a receiver and drew a flag before the ball got there…should have been flagged again for ripping a receivers helmet off but got away with that one…just wasn’t impressive…not sure if it’s just he is having a down year or if it’s the way Ohio State are asking him to play but he just doesn’t look like the player of last year…another interesting thing was just how often he was sent on the blitz…more than likely down to Illinois system but year didn’t look like the top 10 pick he did last season.

He may be having a down year, but he still has a ton to work with.

My guess is that he will still go top 20 and he will be on Phil Emery's radar because of the elite athletic ability.

High potential kid that Trestman can calm down.
Madmike90

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:

My guess is that he will still go top 20 and he will be on Phil Emery's radar because of the elite athletic ability.

No doubt he has a ton of potential but it's strange he has taken a step backwards.
WindyCity

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:

No doubt he has a ton of potential but it's strange he has taken a step backwards.

Pressure, scheme, thinking about the draft, personal who knows with these guys.

He is probably the top CB I would take in the draft. He has the bets combination of movement skills and physicality.

I worry that Eprke Olomu is to soft for our system.
Madmike90

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:

He is probably the top CB I would take in the draft. He has the bets combination of movement skills and physicality.

Ekpre Olomu is playing really well but his size and athletic ability take him out of the 1st round IMO…

Right now I still don’t see the top quality CB in this class who is going to go top 10…I think it’s depth over talent this year…guys like Kyle Fuller, Justin Gilbert, Marcus Roberson & Darqueze Dennard in Round 2 or with a trade back to the end of the 1st sit much better with me than the guys in the discussion to go top 25.
WindyCity

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:

Ekpre Olomu is playing really well but his size and athletic ability take him out of the 1st round IMO…

Right now I still don’t see the top quality CB in this class who is going to go top 10…I think it’s depth over talent this year…guys like Kyle Fuller, Justin Gilbert, Marcus Roberson & Darqueze Dennard in Round 2 or with a trade back to the end of the 1st sit much better with me than the guys in the discussion to go top 25.

Are you watching any of this Georgia game?

Aaron Murray looks good throwing timing routes, while getting killed in the pocket.
DaMike

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:

Aaron Murray looks good throwing timing routes, while getting killed in the pocket.
I am. I've watched almost all his games for the last 3 years. This is how he always plays.
Madmike90

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:

No man my girl said the other night that she hadn’t seen The Wire so I informed her that we would have to split up if she didn’t watch it soon…so we just watched the last 3 episodes of season 1 Laughing…now she’s off to work so I’m going to watch the Stanford vs. USC game/UFC 167...looking forward to seeing Trent Murphy tonight.
WindyCity

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:

I am. I've watched almost all his games for the last 3 years. This is how he always plays.

I have been impressed the ball comes out quickly and accuratly on a lot of the routes we run, the slants and crossing routes.
Madmike90

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:
Blake Bortles and UCF with an insane comeback against Temple. Crazy ending.

Just say the end of this game...what a catch to tie it up...

The finish to the Auburn game was crazy as well.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 85, 86, 87  Next
Page 8 of 87

Jump to: