Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2014 NFL Draft thread - Bears have 14th pick in 1st Rd.
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 85, 86, 87  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaMike

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 3:54 pm    Post subject: 2014 NFL Draft thread - Bears have 14th pick in 1st Rd. Reply with quote

Not sure if we have one of these already.

Timmy Jernigan NT Florida State. Plays with good natural leverage. Strong. Can drive his man back. Inconsistent against double teams. Elite lateral quickness. Uses his hands well. Scheme diverse. He can play NT for us but I think a lot of teams will view him as a potential UT. Has upside but not a 1st round pick yet.

Will Sutton UT Arizona State. Probably the most overrated player in the country. No impact against Stanford. He played like he knew they were going to lose and didnt seem to care. Isnt very explosive off the snap as most believe. Great long speed. Natural leverage. Doesnt shed blocks well.

Dominique Easley UT Florida. Explosive with a great motor. Decent strength. Uses good leverage. Can shoot gaps and makes a lot of plays. Can play some DE but probably not for us. I dont think he was quite there as far as a 1st round pick goes but ts possible. 2nd ACL injury which is a huge concern. I would still consider him in round 3 but his stock will be based on his offseason performance.

Ra'Shede Hageman UT Minnesota. Great HWS. Really athletic. Possibly more valuable as a 5 tech then for us. Quick off the ball. Inconsistent when trying to shed blocks. Really raw. 1st round athlete.

DaQuan Jones UT Penn State. Good player but not great yet. Good athlete and has the size we like. Good quickness. Strong. Raw with upside.

Calvin Barnett NT/UT Oklahoma State. Underrated player. Has the size we like. Good leverage. Strong and can drive his man. Good quickness. Can play both spots for us. A good mid round option and can be a good rotation guy.
DaMike

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a nice bonus one

Tommy Rees QB Notre Dame. You suck and I hate you.
TytybearsFan21

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:
Here's a nice bonus one

Tommy Rees QB Notre Dame. You suck and I hate you.

Truth. Let's get him. He can be ball boy again.

PSN: TytybearsFan21
Add me or else! Twisted Evil
MiBears4

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 6:05 pm    Post subject: Rees Reply with quote

Saw Rees yesterday against OU. He needs to stop locking on his target. You could tell where he was going to throw.

I was sitting in front of a ND booster (as a side note). He was predicting every play all game long that ND was going to run. He was correct 95% of the time. He claimed he could tell by how they lined up.

My favorite college teams are NIU & who ever plays ND.
DaMike

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.goducks.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=500&ATCLID=209277864

Colt Lyerla just quit Oregon. Interesting.
pigsooie5

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:

He and Mark Heilfrech just didn't get along. I read a tweet of his hesterday, [quote]I can't wait to see who truly loves me.." There were a couple others to the same tone... It seems he's going to devote himself entirely to training for the Combine and NFL, he'll still be a top 50 pick.

BEARS------BULLS------DODGERS------KINGS
Adopt-A-Bear: Kyle Long, Guard
DaMike

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="pigsooie5"]
DaMike wrote:

He and Mark Heilfrech just didn't get along. I read a tweet of his hesterday,
Quote:
I can't wait to see who truly loves me.." There were a couple others to the same tone... It seems he's going to devote himself entirely to training for the Combine and NFL, he'll still be a top 50 pick.
It just seems to be one thing after another with him. I think he could fall a lot further then that but we also just saw Honey Badger still get picked early.
blkwdw13

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With Honey Badger he didn't quit he was kicked off the team for drugs, I could see him falling similar to some one else who quit on their team in M. Wilson.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blkwdw13 wrote:
With Honey Badger he didn't quit he was kicked off the team for drugs, I could see him falling similar to some one else who quit on their team in M. Wilson.
The rumor is he was close to being dismissed. I referenced him because he still went early. A lot of people are saying that he's a late round UDFA now but I don't think so.
pigsooie5

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blkwdw13 wrote:

Exactly, it hasn't shied Emery away before I don't see why it would in the future... But I'm 100% for Vic Beasley in the 1st round, I think he is Cameron Wake Jr... But he reminds me a ton of Bruce Irvin as a prospect who Emery was sights on even over McClellin in his 1st draft.

BEARS------BULLS------DODGERS------KINGS
Adopt-A-Bear: Kyle Long, Guard
DaMike

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pigsooie5 wrote:
blkwdw13 wrote:

Exactly, it hasn't shied Emery away before I don't see why it would in the future... But I'm 100% for Vic Beasley in the 1st round, I think he is Cameron Wake Jr... But he reminds me a ton of Bruce Irvin as a prospect who Emery was sights on even over McClellin in his 1st draft.
Does anyone have a link to actually back this up?
GOGRIESE

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:
pigsooie5 wrote:
blkwdw13 wrote:

It was right after the draft when everyone was screaming about how stupid Seattle was. I dont have a link but I remember seeing it. Emery was definitely taking him if he was there.

^^ props to Ty on the sig Smile

2013-Adopt A Bear- CB Tim Jennings #26
DaMike

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GOGRIESE wrote:
DaMike wrote:
pigsooie5 wrote:
blkwdw13 wrote:

It was right after the draft when everyone was screaming about how stupid Seattle was. I dont have a link but I remember seeing it. Emery was definitely taking him if he was there.
That's an assumption. I doubt Emery ever said that. We have no idea who he really wanted.
GOGRIESE

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
DaMike wrote:
pigsooie5 wrote:
blkwdw13 wrote:

That's an assumption. I doubt Emery ever said that. We have no idea who he really wanted.

Ofcourse he never said that. You let me know when a GM comes out right after the draft and says we wanted Player A instead of Player B. That GM should be immediately fired. The tribune guys are pretty accurate when reporting this stuff. Just like Mike Mitchell with Jerry Angelo. He didnt come out and say he was going to take him if the Raiders didnt. But that was reported. So if your looking for a GM to come out and say which player he actually wanted....your going to be waiting until that GM gets fired.

^^ props to Ty on the sig Smile

2013-Adopt A Bear- CB Tim Jennings #26
DaMike

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GOGRIESE wrote:
DaMike wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
DaMike wrote:
pigsooie5 wrote:
blkwdw13 wrote:

Ofcourse he never said that. You let me know when a GM comes out right after the draft and says we wanted Player A instead of Player B. That GM should be immediately fired. The tribune guys are pretty accurate when reporting this stuff. Just like Mike Mitchell with Jerry Angelo. He didnt come out and say he was going to take him if the Raiders didnt. But that was reported. So if your looking for a GM to come out and say which player he actually wanted....your going to be waiting until that GM gets fired.
Keep in mind though that Emery has been here for 2 drafts and there have been lots of players who we've been rumored to love but we never drafted them. All the leaks seem to be BS.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 85, 86, 87  Next
Page 1 of 87

Jump to: