Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 4: Indianapolis Colts @ Jacksonville Jaguars
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 12, 13, 14  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
.Buzz

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dswinton wrote:
Now all we got to do is lose 12 more games and the number 1 pick will be ours I tell you, ours!! ha!! ha!! ha!!.

I hope we win at least 1. Would be awful to see us go 0-16...although if we stick with Gabbert it just might happen after what I saw today.
Tugboat

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

.Buzz wrote:
dswinton wrote:
Now all we got to do is lose 12 more games and the number 1 pick will be ours I tell you, ours!! ha!! ha!! ha!!.

I hope we win at least 1. Would be awful to see us go 0-16...although if we stick with Gabbert it just might happen after what I saw today.

Would it really be that much more awful than 1-15?

I mean, it almost seems more pathetic in a way, like they couldn't fully commit to being the worst team ever. Laughing
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tugboat wrote:
.Buzz wrote:
dswinton wrote:

I mean, it almost seems more pathetic in a way, like they couldn't fully commit to being the worst team ever. Laughing

Well only 1 team has ever been 0-16, i'd rather not be #2

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
Tugboat wrote:
.Buzz wrote:
dswinton wrote:

This. I don't want that stigma hanging around. Lions fans still get that thrown in their faces, Rams fans don't ever hear about 1-15 anymore.

- Best since day one -
It may not be easy, but we ain't riding no tire fire merry-go-round.
- Gus Bradley
.Buzz

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
Tugboat wrote:
.Buzz wrote:
dswinton wrote:

This is exacty why I say that. 1-15 is beyond pathetic, but I don't want a completely win less season. That's only happened once before.
Tugboat

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
Tugboat wrote:
.Buzz wrote:
dswinton wrote:

This. I don't want that stigma hanging around. Lions fans still get that thrown in their faces, Rams fans don't ever hear about 1-15 anymore.

I suppose that's a fair point.

But would it really be all that different a stigma than:

???
Jaguarfan

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't handle an 0-16 season, guys.
I'm gonna lose it

I hate the Jaguars
iPwn

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tugboat wrote:

???
Yes it would. I think you can get past an abysmal season if you put a winner on the field. 0-16 lingers though. Nobody is talking about how awful the Colts are now that they're winning. The Lions are winning, but there's still that stigma and you still see it mentioned from time to time.

Past this season, this team should be different. We're going to let MJD go and we're going to bring in a new QB (I don't want to say for certain that it's Teddy, but that appears to be the one). We'll probably be a little more active in Free Agency and we'll find (either long term through the draft or short term, stop gap guys in Free Agency) replacements at LEO, RB, on the interior OL, one of the LB positions and one of the interior d-line positions. We should be a team that starts being able to compete and pull ourselves out of that rut. We'll be a team that can win 4-7 games and play at least 10 games close. We'll appear to be a team that's moving in the right direction and we'll have something to be proud of. And I'd rather not have that clouded with "yeah, but herp derp 0-16" for the next several years as we're building this team.

- Best since day one -
It may not be easy, but we ain't riding no tire fire merry-go-round.
- Gus Bradley
Tugboat

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
Tugboat wrote:

???
Yes it would. I think you can get past an abysmal season if you put a winner on the field. 0-16 lingers though. Nobody is talking about how awful the Colts are now that they're winning. The Lions are winning, but there's still that stigma and you still see it mentioned from time to time.

Past this season, this team should be different. We're going to let MJD go and we're going to bring in a new QB (I don't want to say for certain that it's Teddy, but that appears to be the one). We'll probably be a little more active in Free Agency and we'll find (either long term through the draft or short term, stop gap guys in Free Agency) replacements at LEO, RB, on the interior OL, one of the LB positions and one of the interior d-line positions. We should be a team that starts being able to compete and pull ourselves out of that rut. We'll be a team that can win 4-7 games and play at least 10 games close. We'll appear to be a team that's moving in the right direction and we'll have something to be proud of. And I'd rather not have that clouded with "yeah, but herp derp 0-16" for the next several years as we're building this team.

All very good points. I can certainly see what you're getting at...there is a difference between being awful, and being historically awful, immortalized in time as the Worst Team Ever.

I guess i'm just at the point where to me, 1-15 as opposed to 0-16 sounds a bit like putting up a FG in garbage time. Laughing
charles shelton

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1-15, 0-16...makes no difference to me. Whatever it takes to get the #1 pick is fine with me. If that means zero wins..so be it. I'm so far past caring if we win a game right now. I tune in to see how some of the young guys are progressing...but otherwise..I have zero expectations for even being competitive at this point. We are historically bad...winning a game isn't going to change that.

-charles
candyman93

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys nobody cares about a 1-15 or 2-14 team. 0-16 is something that will haunt your franchise forever.
corry

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
corry wrote:
iPwn wrote:
jc pls go

Someone's Jimmy's are rustled.
My jimmies are plural, not possessive.

You're mom is possessive

MeXJaguar15

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tugboat wrote:
.Buzz wrote:
dswinton wrote:

There is BIG difference... if we go 0-16 not only are we tied for the worst record of all time, people will talk of the 2013 Jaguars as the WORST team ever...
RamForLife81-39

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not saying it'll be easy since I truly think the rams will be hungry for a W.. They've been embarrassed and the players on this team are extremely pissed about it.. But it's a very young team and I can see them saying " oh it's the jags..easy win" and losing in this. You guys will win at least 2 games IMO

Tavon Austin
39 catches-- 409 yards---4TD
8carries----- 95yards-----1TD
32PR---------279yards----1TD
14KR---------303yards
1,086 All Purpose Yards 6 TD
green24

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
@J_Cyprien
I have gotten in a car accident and for the past 2 hours have been waiting on #Floridahighwaypatrol to come I can't believe this

I'm guessing he's fine.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 13 of 14

Jump to: