Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

What's wrong with Tavon Austin?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ComebackKid

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:01 am    Post subject: What's wrong with Tavon Austin? Reply with quote

I've been a fan of this kid ever since he was in high school, but last night might have been his worst game ever. I think he's over thinking everything especially on the punt return. Despite that I still believe Austin's gonna live up to his hype. Any incite Rams fans?

ComebackKid wrote:

Watkins is going to go first but I gurantee Lee is selected 2nd.
El ramster

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Schotty doesn't know how to get him in space. He gets a ton of doubles, He's more a decoy here in Stl. Frustrating. Crying or Very sad

"Hot Pie" -House Hot Pie, All hail the King.
kgarrett12486

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

El ramster wrote:
Schotty doesn't know how to get him in space. He gets a ton of doubles, He's more a decoy here in Stl. Frustrating. Crying or Very sad

Let's no kid ourselves here, Tavon really hasn't done a ton with the opportunities he's gotten...

Lotta drops that you don't expect from him, some sloppy routes and mental errors...

He's clearly still adjusting to the NFL game/speed and it's to be expected. As the OP suggested, he's thinking too much (which is always bad). He'll figure it out sooner rather than later. I'm not worried in the slightest about him...

TommyC376 on the sig...
LGB-Let's Go Blues!!!
fishfan4life

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the easy thing to do is blame schotty but truth is he just isn't making people miss. Its hard to throw down field to him because his catch radius is very small the window with defenders gets smaller an he isn't going to out muscle a defender.
S-jax39

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He doesnt catch the ball in traffic which annoys me the most. Breathe on it and he drops it. Crazy considering hes a slot receiver.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's a rookie!!!!!!

Rams
Sun Devils
Blues
Flint Tropics
Anyone who plays New England or S.F.
Faulk28SJaX39

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fansincela wrote:
He's a rookie!!!!!!

Yeah he'll get it together, he may not be the kid he was billed to be , but i feel he'll def be a great slot receiver in the league at some point.

PROPS TO DEADPULSE ON THE SIG!
Adopt-A-Ram '13:
Jake Long: 1 GS/0 Sacks Allowed
Kendall Langford: 2tackles, 1 for loss.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
keepnitgangsta1

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

S-jax39 wrote:
He doesnt catch the ball in traffic which annoys me the most. Breathe on it and he drops it. Crazy considering hes a slot receiver.

But we knew this coming in.

Tavon is a weapon without a doubt, but he is not a guy who is gonna run go routes all day down the field or make catches in traffic. His speed/quickness is his biggest asset and gaining separation is something he is supposed to be perfecting at this level. Schottenheimer doesn't know how to use him, I agree, but Austin was overhyped since the time he came out of West Virginia. To be honest, his production this early doesn't surprise me.. Just the way we are using him is very questionable.

Let him run the ball 5-6 times a game and utilize him more towards the sidelines.

My NFL Draft Thread
Halradio

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Folks need to keep in mind until the Rams figure out how to run the ball, the passing game - which includes Tavon Austin won't get off the ground.
BEASToftheEAST4

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well if there was ever a time for him to just play without thinking, it would be our upcoming game against the jags. Break him out this game

^El Ramster^

If you're into hardcore/metal, check out my band: Portrait of a Prophecy
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Portrait-of-a-Prophecy/118264468260007
El ramster

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

why aren't we using him like Amendola? Jesus.

RamForLife81-39

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

El ramster wrote:
why aren't we using him like Amendola? Jesus.

I think after Bradford and tavon build up trust it'll be like Danny. Cook was supposed to be our Danny and he's been MIA for 3 weeks

Tavon Austin
39 catches-- 409 yards---4TD
8carries----- 95yards-----1TD
32PR---------279yards----1TD
14KR---------303yards
1,086 All Purpose Yards 6 TD
Rams4eva92

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know what everyone was really expecting when we gave up those picks to get him. Me personally I was not pleased when we traded up for him. He will be a good reciever but he will never be an elite reciever. I see him helping out in special teams. He will put up reasonalble numbers but he isn't a number one reciever. He has always reminded me of Andrew Hawkins WR. Bengals. I see Austin putting up mediocre numbers each season with a couple splash plays throw in there. He should not be Sams go to guy. He lacks the physical stats. He is very small and just looks like a rag doll out there. This team is missing one more piece at the reciever position. We have a tight end in Cook and Kendricks. We have a deep threat in Givens. We have a slot reciever in Austin.
IN THIS UPCOMING DRAFT WE NEED TO DRAFT MIKE EVANS WR TEXAS A&M . I HAVE WATCHED EVERY TEXAS A&M GAME THIS YEAR AND THIS KID IS ONE OF THE MOST IMPRESSIVE RECIEVERS I HAVE SEEN IN A LONG TIME. THE DUDE CAN BALL OUT HE WENT CRAZY ON ALABAMA. HE HAD 279 YARDS AGAINST ALABAMA. HE IS 6-5 225 POUNDS THAT KNOWS HOW TO BE PHYSICAL AND CATCH THE BALL. HE REMINDS ME OF VINCENT JACKSON WITH A LITTLE BIT OF ANQUAN BOLDIN. I AM DONE WITH PETTIS AND QUICK. LETS GET THIS RECIEVER CORP ITS FINAL PIECE. NEXT YEAR WITH FIRST TWO PICKS JAKE MATTHEWS OT TEXAS A&M AND MIKE EVANS WR TEXAS A&M, LEACHE SEATRUNK RB BAYLOR IN SECOND, AND A GOOD OG IN THE THIRD. PROBLEMS ARE SOLVED BOOM. SIGN A SAFETY IN FREE AGENCY MAYBE JARIUS BYRD. COME HOME BUDDY AND SIGN HIM WITH FINNEGANS MONEY AND CUT FINNY,

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know what everyone was really expecting when we gave up those picks to get him. Me personally I was not pleased when we traded up for him. He will be a good reciever but he will never be an elite reciever. I see him helping out in special teams. He will put up reasonalble numbers but he isn't a number one reciever. He has always reminded me of Andrew Hawkins WR. Bengals. I see Austin putting up mediocre numbers each season with a couple splash plays throw in there. He should not be Sams go to guy. He lacks the physical stats. He is very small and just looks like a rag doll out there. This team is missing one more piece at the reciever position. We have a tight end in Cook and Kendricks. We have a deep threat in Givens. We have a slot reciever in Austin.
IN THIS UPCOMING DRAFT WE NEED TO DRAFT MIKE EVANS WR TEXAS A&M . I HAVE WATCHED EVERY TEXAS A&M GAME THIS YEAR AND THIS KID IS ONE OF THE MOST IMPRESSIVE RECIEVERS I HAVE SEEN IN A LONG TIME. THE DUDE CAN BALL OUT HE WENT CRAZY ON ALABAMA. HE HAD 279 YARDS AGAINST ALABAMA. HE IS 6-5 225 POUNDS THAT KNOWS HOW TO BE PHYSICAL AND CATCH THE BALL. HE REMINDS ME OF VINCENT JACKSON WITH A LITTLE BIT OF ANQUAN BOLDIN. I AM DONE WITH PETTIS AND QUICK. LETS GET THIS RECIEVER CORP ITS FINAL PIECE. NEXT YEAR WITH FIRST TWO PICKS JAKE MATTHEWS OT TEXAS A&M AND MIKE EVANS WR TEXAS A&M, LEACHE SEATRUNK RB BAYLOR IN SECOND, AND A GOOD OG IN THE THIRD. PROBLEMS ARE SOLVED BOOM. SIGN A SAFETY IN FREE AGENCY MAYBE JARIUS BYRD. COME HOME BUDDY AND SIGN HIM WITH FINNEGANS MONEY AND CUT FINNY,

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This excuse of why were you expecting so and so to produce is getting old. It's part of a losing mentality.

If you draft a player that high, He better hit the ground running. We Ram fans have become okay with mediocrity. Dammm shame, Even in the days of Shaun Mcdonald and Kevin Kurtis we held those guys to a dam high standard. Yet we beg for time and patience for the 8th overall pick.

Not saying it's not alright. It's normal, But it shows how much we have fallen off.. The days of Mike Furrey and Dane Looker being clutch beast. Even when Mike was transferred to a safety he was a pick machine his first few games.

Damm shame really.. But Basketball season is just around the corner.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: