Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Hakeem Nicks (almost) a Lion?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FootballPhreak

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stylish313 wrote:
Quote:
Rumors of Nicks for Leshoure trade are bogus

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/09/27/rumors-of-nicks-for-leshoure-trade-are-bogus/

Lol

The fact it is from PFT is hilarious Laughing
LionsFTW

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FootballPhreak wrote:
stylish313 wrote:
Quote:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/09/27/rumors-of-nicks-for-leshoure-trade-are-bogus/

Lol

The fact that everybody is saying its bogus except one site nobody has ever heard from is what's hilarious.
IR0NM1KE

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

While a trade is unlikely, acquiring Hakeem Nicks for scraps is impossible. You guys will have to be willing to part with your 1st round pick in 2014 and probably another early pick in 2015. Hate to burst any bubbles, but you don't get something for nothing. Regarless of what highly accredited sources like Mike Ortiz say. Laughing We are clearing up cap space after this season and can pay Nicks if we want to do so. The Giant's front office is very savvy, they won't let a player of his ability go without proper compensation.
LionsFTW

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IR0NM1KE wrote:
While a trade is unlikely, acquiring Hakeem Nicks for scraps is impossible. You guys will have to be willing to part with your 1st round pick in 2014 and probably another early pick in 2015. Hate to burst any bubbles, but you don't get something for nothing. Regarless of what highly accredited sources like Mike Ortiz say. Laughing We are clearing up cap space after this season and can pay Nicks if we want to do so. The Giant's front office is very savvy, they won't let a player of his ability go without proper compensation.

Although he would likely cost a pretty penny, he's not going to go for more than Brandon Marshall did.
FootballPhreak

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LionsFTW wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
stylish313 wrote:
Quote:

Lol

The fact that everybody is saying its bogus except one site nobody has ever heard from is what's hilarious.

Meh. I really don't find humor in that. The irony that a site known for misinformation may be the correct one here does have humor to it for me though.
stylish313

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IR0NM1KE wrote:
He ain't that good, and he's injury-prone. I'd be thrilled to see the Giants overpay for Nicks and screw up their cap in the process Wink
Sllim Pickens

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IR0NM1KE wrote:

Thats probably what it would take on Madden to get him. In real life though values aren't always what fans seem to think. I wouldn't pay more than Leshoure and a 3rd given his contract situation and injury history. And I would assume that the rest of the league, aside from NYG fans feel that would be fair compensation. There is zero chance he gets a first, and even less of a chance that he gets a first and another early pick. He is an unhappy #2 WR who cant stay on the field. He has talent, but he even when healthy he isn't a top 20 WR in the league and thats at least what you need to be to get a first let alone multiple early picks.

Adopt-A-Lion - Riley Reiff, OT/TE/FB
FootballPhreak

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IR0NM1KE wrote:

A player with Nicks injury history is not going to garner a 1rd much less a 1rd+. Like it or don't, a 2rd or 3rd plus player(s) is not scraps. If the NYG FO was nearly as savvy as you seem to believe, their record over the past few years would be much better overall than it has been. A savvy FO would take what they could get for a player that has a history of not being on the field and has lost his importance to the point of receiving 0 targets last week. Unless he can find a way to remain on the field for once in his career, Nicks value will never be higher than it is right now and a savvy FO would know that. And that value does not include 1rd compensation.

Hate to burst your bubble.
Rockcity

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How is nicks worth a first... I'd rather go for gordon if that's the case. Everyone loves there players I guess. I like how this is getting all over tho something may just happen...I just can't see the giants resigning him. They better get something rather than nothing. Brandon marshall seems to go to the probowl every year and he went for a lot less.I'd rather have crazy then injury. I still want gordon!
theuntouchable

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nicks is not, in any way, shape or form worth a first. Let alone a first +.

MathMan wrote:
anyone around?

I feel..so cold.
IR0NM1KE

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FootballPhreak wrote:
IR0NM1KE wrote:

A player with Nicks injury history is not going to garner a 1rd much less a 1rd+. Like it or don't, a 2rd or 3rd plus player(s) is not scraps. If the NYG FO was nearly as savvy as you seem to believe, their record over the past few years would be much better overall than it has been. A savvy FO would take what they could get for a player that has a history of not being on the field and has lost his importance to the point of receiving 0 targets last week. Unless he can find a way to remain on the field for once in his career, Nicks value will never be higher than it is right now and a savvy FO would know that. And that value does not include 1rd compensation.

A front office that has helped field 2 Super Bowl Championship teams since 2007 sounds pretty savvy to me. Or is that not up to your standards in Detroit?
ManeLine

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nicks isn't worth more than Brandon Marshall. If traded, he'll net a 3rd, at best.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ManeLine wrote:
Nicks isn't worth more than Brandon Marshall. If traded, he'll net a 3rd, at best.

Sincerely disagree. But I will guess we will wait and see. Placing too much value on unproven college players is a crucial error. Nicks has proved he has the ability to play at a very high level in this league. Yes the injuries are a concern, but that doesn't make him any less talented. The same could be said about Reggie Bush.
FootballPhreak

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IR0NM1KE wrote:
ManeLine wrote:

Sincerely disagree. But I will guess we will wait and see. Placing too much value on unproven college players is a crucial error. Nicks has proved he has the ability to play at a very high level in this league. Yes the injuries are a concern, but that doesn't make him any less talented. The same could be said about Reggie Bush.

Great example!

Bush garnered a very mediocre contract regardless of talent. Wink
FootballPhreak

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IR0NM1KE wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
IR0NM1KE wrote:

A front office that has helped field 2 Super Bowl Championship teams since 2007 sounds pretty savvy to me. Or is that not up to your standards in Detroit?

Good! So read the bolded which applies to "savvy" FO's Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: