Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

GDT- Week Four: BAL Ravens @ BUF Bills
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  

If we lose? Which Edward Norton are you?
Gif 1: Grr... but, I'd rather take it on on my computer..
44%
 44%  [ 4 ]
Gif 2: Grr... My computer costs too much, a nose is easily fixed.
33%
 33%  [ 3 ]
Neither: I'll be upset, but what would my girlfriend think?
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Other: I have a little brother for these things, so I'm covered. ;)
22%
 22%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 9

diamondbull424

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 2:19 pm    Post subject: GDT- Week Four: BAL Ravens @ BUF Bills Reply with quote

BAL Ravens

BUF Bills

Game info
Where: Ralph Wilson Stadium
When: September 29, 2013- 1:00 PM EST
TV: WJZ (CBS)

Upon waking up today, I had an awesome dream. In that dream I was watching the Steelers game this year. We start Ray Rice out in the backfield... and then split him out wide. Suddenly the Steelers turn into the Patriots. And Rice is in the slot with a LBer on him. He runs a wheel route cleared out by the outside receiver running a post.

Rice beats the Patriots player deep and with no safety help over top, he catches the ball in a bucket and scores the TD.

On the next Ravens possession, Rice is once again split out wide, yet this time, he's the outside receiver. He runs a slant route, with the WR running the wheel... and Rice takes the pass to pay dirt (after breaking a few tackles).

Now, what is the point of prefacing the Bills/Ravens GDT with a dream from another game? There is none. I just figured, we should start this thread off with a game that should present more of a challenge than this one.

Nearly the entire Bills team will be inactive for this matchup. They're down to their 4th string corner, Jairus Byrd is disgruntled (I mean "injured"), and are without both an impact DT, a good backup run stuffing DT, and an impact pass rusher. This after their defense was already 22nd in the league in YPC allowed, with 4.3 per attempt.

This game has all the makings of that St. Louis game from Torrey Smith's rookie year.

If we can't a) Run the ball on their deprived defense and b) have plenty of deep pass opportunities to Torrey Smith and Marlon Brown, plus just all around dominate on offense... I won't be particularly satisfied.

That said, because this game SHOULD be easy, it wouldn't surprise me if we're all doing this at the end of this game...

Edward Norton is a Ravens fan after all... where do we suppose the inspiration for these performances came from? What do you expect from this game?

EDIT: As stated last week, if someone wants to do GDTs, I will do them on Thursday... no sooner, no later. So get yours up before Thursday, else I will do it.

Last edited by diamondbull424 on Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:13 am; edited 2 times in total
sp6488

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like how this team has come together on defense since the second half of the Broncos game. I thought he would do a good job, but I have still been pleasantly surprised with T-Sizzle as the heir to Ray Lewis leading this defense. He's not on the same level, and certainly isn't the same rah-rah or film-room guy, but he does have a certain psycho-let's physically impose our will and not give-an-ish mentality that I think spreads itself throughout the defense. Sort of what media outlets were talking about Cary Williams bringing from Baltimore to the Eagles locker room. If I had to explain this attitude via Edward Norton GIF, it would be something like this:

Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I appreciate any dream that involves us smashing both the Steelers and the Patriots AT THE SAME TIME.

I'm hoping that your vision of this being similar to that St. Louis game when Torrey Smith introduced himself to the NFL, but I'm also a little wary of this game given how it's setting up as a gimme game... I'll just repeat what I said in the other thread:

Quote:
Also, I hear what you're all saying about Buffalo seeming like an easy game, but that just screams 'trap' game to me. It's still early in the season where Bills fans feel a slight twinge of optimism so they're still showing up to the games where they get very loud, drunk, and raucous (if this was a November or December game the stadium would be 60% full and blacked out locally for them), and that alone makes it no gimme. They took New England down to the wire and beat a solid Panthers team so far this year at home which is a solid barometer of the kind of fight they'll likely put up. Obviously we really should win this game but from time to time we put up some ugly road stinkers (Jacksonville '11, Kansas City '12, for example), so I'm in the camp that takes this game seriously as a challenge for us.

After watching EJ Manuel against the Jets my main takeaway is that he's not used to facing NFL pressure just yet. Especially if Stevie Johnson doesn't play or is limited, I don't think Pees will fear the threat of this offense enough not to press up on the receivers and play with more aggression. I expect him to call this game similar to how he called the Cleveland game when Weeden/Campbell were getting hit on almost every dropback. In most cases, you don't want players or coaches underestimating your opponents, and as far as players are concerned I don't want that, but with Pees where he often runs into trouble is when he over-respects an opponent and backs off too much out of fear of getting burned by their weapons rather than getting in their face and trying to dictate play more with a playmaking defense. I think/hope this is the sort of game where he's more willing to unleash the defense to its full potential.
"The really important kind of freedom involves attention, and awareness, and discipline, and effort, and being able truly to care about other people and to sacrifice for them, over and over, in myriad petty little unsexy ways, every day.
Nucky

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 2:45 pm    Post subject: ... Reply with quote

I agree 100.

On paper we should destroy this team but in real life we'll probably lay an egg and give the Bills every chance to win on their home turf.
"Fellas, I can tolerate arrogance, conceit, greed but self-pity is the one thing that just chaps my a--. We've experienced difficulty, but I will not tolerate, nor be part of, anything resembling self-pity."- Brian Billick
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, just realized, I forgot to finish my thought in the writeup. Embarassed

But yeah, this Bills team, even with all these potential injuries would still be better than the Rams were. But still, we should be able to command this game.

I just have a secondary feeling that our run defense will be leaky in this game to allow for another big time runs to give the Bills a chance. That and I think they'll make Scott Chandler look like he's Rob Gronkowski.

Theoretically, we should come in and stuff the run and give our defense plenty of 3rd and long situations to tee off on Manuel with, but if we can't stop the run, then we'll certainly be making things much easier on Manuel.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to 105.7 The Fan, Ray Rice will play this weekend.

Also,

Aaron Wilson wrote:
Ravens star running back Ray Rice practiced Wednesday on a limited basis and said he plans to play Sunday against the Buffalo Bills

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/ravens-insider/bal-ray-rice-said-he-expects-to-practice-play-sunday-20130925,0,3451287.story

On a side note, Baltimore Sun pay wall is so annoying.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After losing to JAX on Monday Night two years ago, I've learned I can never trust the Ravens to take care of easy opponents, no matter what the stats say.

I've learned that this team (John Harbaugh?) does not do a good job of preparing this team to take on lesser opponents, and they often find themselves unable to "get up" to play weaker teams, and I feel this week will be no different.

Should the Ravens demolish the Bills and send a statement that opening night was a fluke? Absolutely. Will they? Probably not, because all this week has been about Jacoby Jones and Ray Lewis, not about focusing on being 1-0 this week an beating the Buffalo Bills.

And in spirit of Edward Norton, this will most likely be what I do every time Flaccos throws an INT, or fumble, or allow the pathetic Buffalo offense to score on the defense because Dean Pees, in all of his "genius" (according to Ravens players....), FORGOT TO COVER THE TIGHT END ONCE AGAIN, LEAVING HIM WIDE OPEN FOR A TOUCHDOWN!

Followed by:

Followed then by:

After the Ravens actually manage to LOSE to the Bills who are without like half their freaking roster because the Ravens thought this game would be easy.

ps: I predicted us to lose last week and we stomped the Texans, FWIW.

SteelKing728 wrote:
I got Andrew Luck winning MVP this year

Official stalker victim of Harper41.
StRawz11

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Going with the theme of this thread, I say the Ravens actually beat a team they're supposed to. Crazy but yes

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jimmy Smith gets two picks and we have 500 yards total offense, they change the broadcast by mid third quarter in non market areas to a more competitive game.

On a side note I love Ray Lewis but it almost seems like he low key wants us to fail So it won't seem like he wasn't that important to our recent success and he was easily replaceable and honestly upgraded upon his departure
DontTazeMeBro

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bills run the zone read a lot and last week it got destroyed. Expect the same to happen against our awesome all-universe front 7. Manuel has looked good for a rookie but their offense has been ineffective and their WRs look terrible. I think we make it 3 weeks without a TD given up.

Ravens 24, Bills 6

Free Ray Rice
nevermore

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I approve of the thread theme.

Here's to the Ravens stomping all over the Bills. I have a fitting GIF for that, too, but I assume that one couldn't be more against the board rules even if it tried. Laughing
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So you guys see what the Niners did to the Rams today? That's what we need to do this Sunday against the Bills.

GET IT? GOT IT? GOOD!

Just to be clear, this is what I want:
curbstomp.gif

EDIT: Okay, okay, maybe too far Wink

SteelKing728 wrote:
I got Andrew Luck winning MVP this year

Official stalker victim of Harper41.

Last edited by SnA ExclusiVe on Fri Sep 27, 2013 12:20 pm; edited 2 times in total
nevermore

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, so much for me not posting that GIF. Laughing Laughing Laughing
M.10.E

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If this game was on primetime then I'd be scared of losing. However I think we take care of business.
spiritoftruth

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too far SnA, too far

NextBigThing wrote:
I am a Patriots fan, I know all about excellence.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24  Next
Page 1 of 24

Jump to: