Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Rumor Mill
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
omar72587

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:18 am    Post subject: Rumor Mill Reply with quote

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000250024/article/report-detroit-lions-seeking-to-trade-for-wide-receiver

So after reading this article I got to thinking. Would it be beneficial for us to sell Bowe to the Lions even after we just signed him long term?

Sounds crazy but crazier things have happened recently (Trent Richardson).

I think considering this is justified for both parties tbh. For the Lions POV, pairing CJ with bowe ould give them one of the best offenses with stafford and bush they could seriously make a deep playoff push. If I were a front office I would do it for no less than a 1. If they think a 1 is too high then oh well we get to retain Bowe. If we do somehow convince them that giving us a 1 would be beneficial for both teams then we would have 2 1st going into next year and could maybe do some wheeling and dealing to move up and down the draft.
Mikek163

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh God. Here we go.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too soon in the year to just trade Bowe. Let us not forget how much of a beast Bowe has been so far in KC playing with absolute trash QB's.

If Bowe gets it going come playoff time we could be a legit force. Lets hang onto him.
valkrei

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bowe is overrated. I would take a #1 for him. Granted I know it could/would hurt our team this year.

And to be honest, Avery is our Number 1, it had very little to due with bowe's play. Avery got open! He did that cause hes fast thats on him! not bowe!

Bowe rarely gets open, and drops to many passes a first for him would be a steal for us.

Props to Loto Tailback for the SIG!
simonwayne

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

valkrei wrote:
Bowe is overrated. I would take a #1 for him. Granted I know it could/would hurt our team this year.

And to be honest, Avery is our Number 1, it had very little to due with bowe's play. Avery got open! He did that cause hes fast thats on him! not bowe!

Bowe rarely gets open, and drops to many passes a first for him would be a steal for us.

Meh, the plays we were calling were designed for Avery. Since it worked and the Eagles didn't adjust we just kept using it.

Bowe will be important for us in the red zone once we start facing tougher opponents and need TD's instead of FG's.

I won't be surprised when Bowe comes up big for us a few games this year and becomes Alex's fav. target in the red zone.
samsel23

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

valkrei wrote:

Nevermind the fact we'd have to get rid of half our team to cover Bowe's cap hit.

Anyone who thinks anyone besides Bowe is our best WR/TE is out of their mind. Avery is a solid 3-4 that can pass as our #2 because Bowe and Charles take 3-4 guys with them.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trade Avery maybe, absolutely not Bowe.

^ryknowssd on the sig
omar72587

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

simonwayne wrote:
valkrei wrote:

Meh, the plays we were calling were designed for Avery. Since it worked and the Eagles didn't adjust we just kept using it.

Bowe will be important for us in the red zone once we start facing tougher opponents and need TD's instead of FG's.

I won't be surprised when Bowe comes up big for us a few games this year and becomes Alex's fav. target in the red zone.

I wouldn't go as far and say Bowe is over rated. He is one of the best possession receivers in the league and his drop in numbers is a result of poor qb play.

I would never just right him off and say get rid of him because he hasn't put up numbers. Bowe has earned his paycheck with little to no help from the qb. However, it would be crazy not to consider trading bowe if someone came knocking with a 1 at the front door.

Bowe is elite but being elite doesn't necessarily mean he fits. Reid even said that our offense is focused on spreading the ball around and it has shown thus far in the season. Will bowe come up big in the red zone this year? I think/know so. But I guess the question to really ponder is does Bowe really fit our offense?

Personally, I think he is good enough because his route running and ability to break jams bodes well for for a qb. There could be better options for Bowe in this scheme but for now, unless somebody offers a 1 I wouldn't even think of trading him.
Rearviewmirror

Location: ^^Tamba waiting on his next feast in the Avy Ryk on the sig
PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bowe was JUST given a new contract this offseason. I'm almost tempted to delete this thread. This is pointless to even throw out there.

les paul wrote:
There's only one thing that determines a teams performance on any given sunday
Their opponent-
valkrei

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

'He looks like a slow tight end'⚙Edit 5 posted by Joel Thorman on Sep 26, 2013
"I thought Dwayne Bowe looked about as bad as I've ever seen him. He looks like a slow TE." -@gregcosell http://t.co/A1n9zgde7k

Arrowhead Pride (@ArrowheadPride) September 26, 2013
I like Greg Cosell from NFL Films a lot. He later said he's "not running well". Bowe has nine receptions for 90 yards. "He just looks very slow on film," Cosell said.

Props to Loto Tailback for the SIG!
omar72587

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rearviewmirror wrote:
Bowe was JUST given a new contract this offseason. I'm almost tempted to delete this thread. This is pointless to even throw out there.

Again, there have been crazy things that have happened in regards to trades recently and I just thought about this as speculation. In this day and age anything can happen.
Kcpre

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess I can see where the speculation comes from figuring he hasn't been productive this year, but it really doesn't make any sense. New regime signed him to a big deal, and although Avery has looked pretty good, Bowe is far and a way the most talent WR we have and to take him away I think would have a huge negative impact on the rest of our offense.

So outside of some incredibly lopsided trade in our favor, I don't think they'd even consider it.
Rumless

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Defenses already key in on Bowe. Why take that away when the passing game is having such success without him?

In fact, I'm not sure he's better than our very own London Fletcher.[/quote]
Chiefer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kurt Warner made a point about the Rams saying "even if a big bodied receiver is single covered you throw it to him anyway because he can come down with it"

Wonder if Alex will learn that or not, something tells me he won't
TD: 0
DT58_lives_on

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Avery has been open because Bowe is receiving double coverage. Avery had 1 good game, let's not make him the next Megatron.

Plus, do you realize this would put over 180 million dollars on the Lions books for 2 players neither of which is their young stud strong arm QB?

I'm with Bigs, I could see us shipping off Avery/Dex for a mid round pick...Bowe is here to stay.

If we traded Bowe our pathetic offense would become much, much worse. And maybe KC guy could help with this, but his cap hit would destroy us. Richardson being traded isn't nearly as strange because his cap hit thanks to the new rookie pay scale is not anywhere near what Bowe's would be.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: